Sooooo......... DID YOU GET THE EMAIL?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Oct 3, 2008.

1. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Yayyyyyy! Sooooo excited! I got the email saying 'We were impressed by your performance and are pleased to invite you to the next interview stage.'

Have you looked at the roles? Its odd how there's no Character attendent or operations? Thoughts?

2. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ive replied int he other one but i will put it here to.

it says many more so maybe it will depend on what is available when we get to the f2f.

cant beleive they were early again with the interviews. i was sure it was going to be 6 weeks liek the guy said.

has made my day.

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ther are two attachments...have you looked at those?

4. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

I'm a bit confused - it sounds as if u have to apply again - surely they already have our dets and CVs? ???

5. Freckles

Freckles Guest

thank you its not just me.

i clicked on the link and its confusing. i maybe emailing yummy jobs tonight and asking them what the heck is going on.

the only thing i can think of its that its a new site. but that shouldnt have made a difference right?

can anyone shed light on the situation?

6. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

To me it looks very musch like a cut and paste job. On the one hand their congratulating you for getting through yet on the other its like .. to apply click here. WTH?

7. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Yea but it doesn't specifically say 'and many more'. I forgot to say that Lifeguard wasn't on their either, not that I could be one of course... I'm just pleased character performer is! ;D

8. Kevus

Kevus New Member

i think its to help them with our details, and to sort out whose on what program

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

i got the email aswell today, i checked on my 10min break from my 3 hour lab, its made this afternoon so much better, i am just going to look over all the information now!

10. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I'm reading through it - shame operations isn't on there!!! Really wanted to do that!!
    Anyone who emails Yummy, do we actually have to do anything??
    Not sure if I should change my contact details - there's no answerphone at my house and I get really bad phone signal, so should I keep my actual home? I'll still be contactable by email...
    xx

11. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Just read the email and am a little confused but happy at the same time. Is anyone doing the thing on the yummy jobs site or not? Why do they always send these emails on Friday, now I have to wait until monday to get more info!!

Out of the roles on there I want character, but I guess everyone will want that so I'll have to fight hard

12. vik

vik New Member

im pretty sure they'll offer more on the day of the interview cos last year there were some that they'd never mentioned to us before, plus on all of the publicity for it it says lifeguard, operations etc so i wouldn't worry about it too much yet. main entrance ops wasn't an option last year so that might be interesting...

13. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

hey congrats everyone. I registered doing thesite thing on the email and i got a reply saying:

'Thank you very much for your Yummy application. We are very excited to hear that you applied for the "Disney's International College Program Summer 2009" with Yummy Jobs. This is where your adventure begins... We will be in touch to review your application within 5 working days. All the Best, The Yummy Jobs Team'

If anything is sent about a phone interview I will kindly tell them that I have already had one. But Im sure when they look at the deets and see its me they'll probably just continue as normal.

I reli fancy character and door operations although I'll probably get merch as I already have a saturday job in retail.

14. CharlotteSparkle

I quite like the idea of main entrance ops, being a park greeter would be fun. I'm so excited for interview now, I think I'll go to London coz I haven't been for ages, and I'll be able to do some christmas shopping :D

I'm going to wait until monday and email Lucca to see what she says I think.

15. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hmm - think I'll see how I feel tomorrow, may do what PennyCrayon did!
    Anyone know what roles they want, I'm gutted as Operations isn't on there, but maybe Main Entrance Ops?
    Would be something different....
    Was thinking QS F&B but there's that weird tick box thing about MK, not sure if I would cope with that (too much noise confuses me LOL), and wonder if it would adversely affect my application if I didn't tick it?

LOVE to know ure views! Feel free to add me on Facebook, I'm on as Katie James! Think I might change my profile pic bac to this one for ease!
    (Or maybe not - I'm indecisive!)

Just want to know when and where now - I'll go anywhere (even Aberdeen or Exeter as long as there's a road or train!)
    xx

16. CharlotteSparkle

I just added you katie :)

I'm indecisive aswell, I need a while to process the info and think things through. I'd be happy with most roles I think, don't particularly want to be a cleaner though. Out of the list we've been given, character performer and main entrance ops are my top two. For now!

17. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I just accepted! ;)
    It's really hard to choose, people emjoy custodial so I suppose I would too, but I'm really not sure.
    The main thing is just BEING there I think!
    My friend read the list and was like - I'd do Housekeeping as that was her job on her gap year and she loved it!
    I suppose we've got a while to think though!
    There is just too much waiting tho!
    xx

18. Charli

Charli New Member

I got an email toooo!! I've no idea why we have to apply again, though it makes sense for them to be able to see where we are and for us to follow our application, but the details is a bit odd. Maybe it's so they have it on a particular document (e.g. Excel, obviously not actually) rather than on hundreds of different Word (or similar!) documents...??

I've emailed Lucca to ask which address and phone number she wants, as I'm here at uni til mid-December, but my parents are more likely to be able to deal with something from them than my housemates!

I wanted Operations :( I'm currently thinking Custodial, Full Service F&B or Merch, not sure...

19. CharlotteSparkle

yeah maybe housekeeping would be fun, I don't have any experience in that but then again I don't have much experience for any of the roles except maybe merch.

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I have went and applied on the yummyjobs website as the email indicates and i have had so much trouble with it, i have sent an email to alexis to see what is going on.
    I was gutted character attendant and operations isnt on the list, but i will be going for Character Performer and Merchandise as my two choices then.
    I cannot believe i am getting a face to face interview but my mum and dad are being very twisted the now and i dont think im getting their full support, my mum is worried about my part time job here, just incase it cannot be kept open for me, i dont care about it, i want to go to Disney for the summer!