Start dates/Jobs

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by kerriejordan, Jul 7, 2012.

1. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Hey!
    Does anyone know if you can choose if you start in May or June? Or are you just given when you're needed?
    Also, what jobs are you guys going for?
    Personally, if i get to the interview stage, I'm going to put down e v er y t h i n g. I just want the oppertunity!
    Haha, but I really want Character Performer (I know, there's about a 0.1% chance), Character Attendant, PhotoPass Photographer or work on Attractions.. (So many i want to work on too lol.. Peter Pan's Flights, Small World, etc)

I just wish August 1st would hurry up! I cant wait to start the application process, been waiting for yearsss :)

2. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hey the chances aren't that low for Character performer cos it all goes on ur interview going well and ur height, if you're a perfect height then u have plenty of chance! And you can choose the date u wanna start but earlier dates have less people applying for them usually :) I'm putting down everything but lifeguard and f&b but I really want either custodial or character performer :) x

3. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Oh you've just made my day! It's my absolute dream to be a Character Performer!
    I hear F&B is terrible, and if i did it, I'd only want to work in the Main Street Bakery in Magic Kingdom.
    And thank you! So if i get on, it could be easier to get the early dates. Cause ive no exams at uni, and wanna get started asap!

4. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Yeh i've done F&B before ahhhhhhhhhhhh is all i can say...lol but I met loads of amazing people which is enough to make me wanna go back (Just not enough to make me wanna work in food again haha) & what height are u btw? Generally those that are really small or really tall have more of a chance tbh but there a few roles in between, i'm only 5"0 and a bit lol so i have plenty of chance, gunna stick it on there just incase they need someone :p And yeh u should have more of a chance cos most people can only do the last date, it'll be my last year so I can probably only do one of the later dates too.. ah well. I'll miss graduation if i get in but i don't care! :p

5. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

Hey! I'm really crossing my fingers for character attendant, but I'd also love to work merchanside or operations :)

Just to let you know, though, you can't to PhotoPass on the summer program :(

6. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Im 5.6 lol. Pure average. But still, I went into this thinking you couldnt get placed as a character anyway, so my hopes wont be too destroyed.

And i thought that, but then i thought i read somewhere you could. Its a shame if you cant, because i think it'd be such a good job!

7. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

I'm pretty sure you can't, because it takes too long to train for someone who'll be there for such a short time D: What you may've read was that Americans working through the College Program can. There's a huge difference between CP and ICP, unfortunately. It all depends on what country you're from though, as I think perhaps people from New Zeland and Australia can? Don't quote me on that, as I'm not sure. Thier summer program is longer than ours.