Still waiting for a start date...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jun 1, 2013.

1. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

I applied at the start of February and had my interview in mid February.
    I found out i got the job a few days later. However i said i couldn't start until April so all my paper work has been put on hold. I have contacted them several times but sometimes i get no response and others just saying there is very little turn over in merchandise and they will contact me as soon as they can start my preparations. I just wondered if anyone else has had the same frustrations? thank you x

2. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I was about to reply to you and then I realised who you were... ;)

3. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Haha:) I just want to go Catherine! Im going crazy!!!lol

4. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

I realize how frustrating waiting for a date it - been there before (luckily mine wasn't too long).

Anyways there traditionally seems to be less turnover before big itineraries (like Alaska, or Europe cruises). Why? People that want to quit, still want to hold on to complete these itineraries. Than after there seems to be mass exodus. So I imagine there will be tons of openings starting around august. Merchandise positions are actually great for travelling purposes since the shops are not allowed to be open while in port (allowing a lot of free off time in ports). So I imagine there are a few people waiting to see a bit of Europe or Alaska before they resign.

5. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Thanks for your encouragement :)

6. Dee89

Dee89 New Member

Hi,

I sent my application in November 2012. Had my interview in mid February and only got my start date last week Thursday. I'm only doing my medical and visa this week. Its for a Nursery counselor and I know everyone saying all start dates are different does not help. But all you can do is sit tight and wait and keep in contact with ur agency.

7. Hey i was at the London Oct 2012 interviews, got the job few days later same as you and only just got my date last week!! 3 aug on the fantasy! it is really frustrating but hang in there! when it's right you will get the date! x