Summer '08

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by craiggg, Jul 1, 2008.

1. craiggg

craiggg New Member

Ok, I just realised no one has added anything to this topic for quite a while haha.

I have my visa interview on the 25th July, and have said my availability is from August onwards, anyone else hoping to join the ship in August? or this summer/later this year?

:)

2. Linz

Linz New Member

Hey there, I'm just getting all my medical and backrond checks done. I should be on board by late Aug/ early september. What will you be doing on the ships?

3. craiggg

craiggg New Member

Hey!

I'll be doing merchandise on the ship, how about you?

4. Linz

Linz New Member

Hey I'm also doing merchandise. My friend Matt will be as well! I just got my backround check back today and i'm faxing in all my paperwork tomorrow. How much did you hate the medical?

5. AaronD

AaronD New Member

Hey,
    Lindsay!!!! Its Aaron that was in attractions at Epcot, So i was cruising through the forum clicked on this one and was reading it. When I read what you had posted, I thought "hey I have a friend Matt that is going into Merchandise" So I clicked on your profile and looked at your email and its you!!!! i didnt know you had even applied!!!! Anywayz I had my interview in Toronto, On June 28th, Found out I got the job like three days later, had all my paperwork in and my medical done by the 8th of July and just found out 2 days ago that I am going on the ship on Oct 21.My availablity was asap posible as well. I am going to be serving though in the restaurants. I am so glad I will know a couple of people though! Oh and yes the medical was god awful!!!!

6. cowza

cowza New Member

Hey guys. I'm going to be in Youth Activities... hoping to move into something more solidly entertainment tho. They are estimating for me to join in October. Currently going through the visa/medical thing at the moment tho.

Ben

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Wow, congrats to you guys, i wouldnt be able to work on the ship!

Hope use have a great time!

8. Kevus

Kevus New Member

medical? what kind of medical test did you need to do?

9. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Ditto what Kevus said.

Do they take blood? I hate needles. I have a real phobia of them, but would love to try out for the cruise ships at some point and would be slightly worried about that part and freaking out and losing my place (If I got that far).

God, I'm shiving just thinking about it.

10. cowza

cowza New Member

Yes you have to have a blood test. They also take an x ray of your chest. You do breathing tests... eye tests... colorblind tests... and probably more I forgot about haha.

11. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Does anyone know why they need all those tests?

Also, I'm applying for the ICP09 but would like to work in either the CRP or on one of the Ships after I get back. The Cruise line looking more likely at the minute.

I know that it can sometimes take a while to get a place on the ships, so can anyone suggest when the best time to apply would be? The ICP (provoding they take me back), is from June to the end of August and I want to do some travelling after, but would love to try (if I could), get a date on a ship from October onwards.

Cheers :D

12. Croche

Croche New Member

Summer 08

Summer is coming, so it´s time to make the great question....... on is on right now or getting ready to be?