SURFING???....COCOA BEACH

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by OttawaChikky, Mar 31, 2005.

1. OttawaChikky

OttawaChikky New Member

Hey everyone,
    I was just wondering how many people out there surf? Iv done it a few times in the past but am planing on buying a Surfboard when i get to florida and spending alot of my time in Cocoa Beach. I'll be a pro by the end of the year!!! hahaha maybe not..... Was wondering if anyone else was up for going surfing every now and then?

Sheena

2. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Hi Sheena, that is something that I always wanted to learn, and this is a great opportunity to take advantage of, do you think that If Ive never surfed , could I learn in this year...

is there any surfing teacher hahaha... 8)

Pablo

3. OttawaChikky

OttawaChikky New Member

The last time i surfed was 3 years ago and it only took about anhour and i could get up on the board and catch the wave properly.....im sure well get really good at it!!!
    Sheena

4. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Hehe.. you have placed my first objective,, (to place myself on the board) hehehe...

5. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

I would LOVE to try surfing!!!

They used to have something at Typhoon Lagoon early mornings (i.e., before opening) where they would hold surfing lessons in the big wave pool. Umm, hello employee discount! I don't know if they still do it though...

Anyway, I have never surfed so I figure I'll just aim to be terrible instead of absolutely terrible!

Sheena, where have you been surfing?

~ Jen

6. Ki

Ki New Member

hey! surfing sounds like a great idea! are we near any beaches when were out there to practice the real thing? sorry if that sounds like a dumb question :) ive tried bodyboarding but never surfing x

7. charlie

charlie Guest

in answer to your question Jen, yes they do still do the surfing lessons in typhoon.. well they did last summer when i was there.. some of the girls i worked with did it....

there is also a diving thing that goes on, after lessons and that kinna stuff..... you can pay to dive in the coral reef resturant, with people eating their dinner watching u... not sure of all the details of this but if u go onto website, i am sure u can bring it up....

charlie..

8. emma

emma New Member

hey...yeah there was a post in another board about this i know me and a few other deffo want to try it! ive dun a bit of body boarding...well throwing myself on1 like in clearwater! but i wanna try the real thing!! im in!!! SURFIN USA!!

9. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

count me in guys! something I've always wanted to try! would be really cool!

10. nicolegodin

nicolegodin New Member

I relaly enjoy boogy boarding, i got hooked when i wen tot mexico, so then we can all go and hit the beach and do our water thing and have a good time :)

11. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

one of my mates does boogey boarding! I've never actually taken any sort of board into the water with me I'll probs just fall off! a lot! everyone can learn to surf, u can boogey and I'll probs splash a lot! lol

12. alemanolga

alemanolga New Member

I've never tried to surf , in Mexico is not so popular so Sheena ...... I need your help hehehehehe

Is Cocoa Beach the best for surfing?

Is it far from the commons?

13. joelle

joelle Guest

the nearest beach from orlando i thin is daytna ( my towwnn ) lol ive like 3 or 4 times already and its cool but very hard ! i would love to try it another time :) daytona has pretty good waves for surf .. it depends on times but they can be pretty huges by times ...ive never been to cocoa beach though ...
    hehe
    byebye
    joelle

14. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Yeah surfing would be amazing to try. I am hoping that there is wake boarding too, and boogy boarding and tubing are a blast!! Has anyone ever tried jet skiing?...i did that once when i was in Jamaica and would love to do that again..

15. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Jaja, Ok Guys, It looks that we are creating a new "I-WAT" (International Water Adventure Team) hahaha ... WHO WANTS TO BE A MEMBER...
    Hehehe.

Pablo...

16. joelle

joelle Guest

i woul looove to try jet skiing !!!wakeboarding to! , wow i just cant wait to be theree it just seem tro be sooo far away !humpf
    and im joining in pablo !!! i hope we'll have some discount on those kind of activities ( its very pricy .. )
    anyway ive got to try jetskiing even if it cost an harm and a leg

beybye
    joelle :D

17. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Ok Joelle, you are a member hahahaha... yes you are right about $... but if we really get together to organize some activities we can ask for group price or something like that ... (I Hope so hehe) or we can stay with cast member in a big wave pool, hahahahahahaha...

18. OttawaChikky

OttawaChikky New Member

@jen...iv gone surfing in Sayulita Mexico when i was on vacation 3 years ago so its been awhile... it was about a 45 min drive from Puerto Vallarta (i think i spelt that all wrong) they had some good starter waves, nothing too big.

@olga...My brother went the last December with friends and they all learnt to surf there, they took video of it and every thing......Cocoa beach is wicked awesome, the waves arnt too large, and practically right on the beach is the world famous Surf shop, Ron Jons!!

@everyone....never get on a jetski/seadoo with me, im a little crazy...at my cottage i was doing loops over the waves behind a speed boat with a friend and hit the wave wrong and fliped the jetski....and another time i kinnda fell off and it continued up onto an island... :'( my friend never let me drive again!!! lol

@pablo....ill join that group.....WE SHOULD GET SHIRTS MADE lol hahahahahah

Sheena

19. joelle

joelle Guest

yeaaahhh im in!! ;P lol anyway , before entering "THE club" i ve got to try it at least one time haha! anyway ... yeah , we could always go do some scuba diving at typhoon lagoon ! :D
    byebye
    joelle

20. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Hehe,, Ok Shhena another member!!!! jajaj I will send a Logo in my next post hahahaha...