Termed

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by vader1, Sep 22, 2007.

1. vader1

vader1 New Member

Hey guys
    just got back from my program. Sadly i was Termed due to too many call ins. For those of u going or already there watch out for your first three mouths they will sent u home for anything. I really had a great time and the good news is that i can re-apply next year which is great i am going to stay away from f@b this time around though. Anyone else had this happen it sucked but its good that i can return in a year :)

2. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

oh no that sucks! good luck for next year

3. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

What do u mean by too many call ins?

x

4. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

called in sick, or 'sick', or personal too many times in a set time period, and therefore got too many reprimands

5. vader1

vader1 New Member

Ya and it was all from the first week. i already talk to a manger but i guees that did not work. I am happy that i am home becuase f@b did not work for me but i can not wait to re apply ether for attratcions or the gift shop next year.

6. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

what didn't you like about f & b? i'm doing merch but i'm just curious.

7. Jboucha

Jboucha New Member

Gooooooood luck getting back in Kyle.....man.....

8. vader1

vader1 New Member

f@b was just not for me i thought it would be cool but it was not at all i found myself calling in because i just did not want to deal with it. i am happy i am home and i am looking forward to returning next year to ether attartions or merch

9. Jboucha

Jboucha New Member

I really don't think they'll rehire you if you've been termed. Most people who get termed are put on a "no rehire" list. Did you not expect them to term you for calling in so much, did you not request to change to merch or attractions? You know, most peeople say that your first 3 months in f&b are tough but once you get past that, things get much better, should tried sticking it out for a while maybe? That's what i hear anyhow, i will be experiencing it for myself yet....

10. vader1

vader1 New Member

My manger said that disney would rehire me in a year. The only reason for u to get a not re hire is if you insult a guest insult disney stuff like that if its for attetdince like me they will re hire u. I was going to ask to swich but this happen f@b was just not for me period. i will have a way better time next year but good luck to u and have fun :)

11. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

thats great news that they'll rehire you. good luck getting onto merch or attractions. can people swap if they find the area they picked isn't working for them?

12. Jboucha

Jboucha New Member

All i have to say is good luck because you're most likely going to need it

13. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

I agree. It seems REALLY odd to me that Disney would want to hire someone back that they had to term...even if it's just for attendance, which I think is a big deal.
    But I definitely wish you the best of luck, but you should make sure you know 100% that you would like merch or attractions before you go all the way down there again. I think that you should've stuck it out or talked to someone about switching before you starting calling in sick, but you live and learn i guess!
    good luck!

14. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

I'll give you $100 if they hire you again....with ten-one odds in your favor. :D

15. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

what makes you say that?

16. vader1

vader1 New Member

while about four people who have been with disney for ten years told me that i can come back so enless u guys have work for disney u really don't know what they would do so lets keep this on what we know not what we think we know :)

17. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

yeah i'd say that if people are telling you it's possible, it probably is..i just don't think that that says much for disney as an employer if they hire back people that they have fired, that's all. clearly, they are desperate which i think is unfortunate.

18. Jboucha

Jboucha New Member

Well it's wonderful that your hopes are up Kyle, that you're staying very optimistic. I completely agree with Queensgirl, if they rehire someone which they've terminated, it does not speak highly of their standards but i do not believe that their standards are low that is why i truly believe that they would not rehire someone who has been terminated. I've been in management position and i've had to terminate employees before, now when i did it, the last thing i wan't was an upset employee who wanted to beat the heck out of me so I would sugar coat it to make them feel better, that's how i did things when i was in management...

19. vader1

vader1 New Member

while i think the reason they would re-hire me is that they were happy with my work it was just me calling in. If i did something way out of line i would never come back plus we are not with disney has a carrer this is differnt than working with disney full time. this is a program were we just go for a short time and we go home and we can come back a year later. so i guees things work differnt with the program. :)

20. Emi

Emi New Member

There's really no need to be like that. :mad: