The Big Question...F&B or Merch?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by *minnie**mouse*, Nov 19, 2006.

1. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Hey guys,

Know I'm still a long way from applying, but was just wondering what everyon'e opinions are on merch and f&b?

I know you can get loads of money on f&b with tips...but is it a little quiet at some times of the year?

Thing is I'm used to working under lots of stress and being rushed off my feet, so I reckon f&b is my calling! I also prefer to be kept busy and moving, but I guess merch is probably just as mad as f&b! Just thought you might have some advice or could tell me what you applied for.

Thanks! ;D

2. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

i went for f&b...i thot merch might be a bit boring :-\ theres a lot more f&b cast members so u would be working with a bigger team, and the money is excellent wen u get into service or the bar

and if f&b was quiet at certain times of the year, chances are merch would be quiet at those times too

3. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

Its gotta be F & B - just think of the tips!!!!!!!!! x

4. emma

emma New Member

food and bev food and bev!!! that chant will beall so clear when u arrive.! x x just do it

5. Merch all the way baby ;)
    i was told that yeah you'll get more money in F&B but you dont get enough time off too enjoy it, where as in merch you get basic money but more time to enjoy florida, which i know means no money means you cant do anything, but we shall prove them wrong!!

the commons is just a hop skip and a jump from dolly partons dixie stampede, what more could anyone want to do ;D

6. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

;D if i get in - im there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** F & B **** ;)

7. Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede must be the most incredible night out ever, we must get wasted before we go, it'll be even more magical!!

8. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

my friend james(not my james but the other one, and not treehouse james either) went to the xmas dolly parton thing, he said it was fab!

9. ohh jilly dont taunt me like that!

me and trev have come up with a plan, im gonna find a desperate poof who works at dollys (lets face there must be thousands in there) and im gonna seduce him and get us all in for free every night!!!

10. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

pmsl u make me laugh dude

11. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

loving the plan - def have to do it!!!!!! ;D

12. If any of you guys are over there on the 12th march we're going to dollys for my birthday and the PI, i know you arnt jilly but we'll do it again ( and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again) oh god i hope she sings 9 to 5!!!!

13. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

dolly isn't actually there and her songs arnt used :p

14. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

dude - you just totaly rained on my parade there! :-[

Im still going to go and dance like a fool!!! Just to say ive been!!!!!! ;D

15. why would you ruin the magic?? why? why? why? why? why?
    :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

16. doowop

doowop New Member

food and bev.. you make so much there.. even on a quiet day u earn more than podium and merch.. the only downside is you struggle to get time off as a server. Merch are a lot closer to each other though they are like a family whereas in food and bev there are a lot more staff so people kinda find groups. Its all good but all the best people are in food and bev.. like me!!

17. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Heehee, but what about attractions!
    I hear so much about Foods and Merch, but Attractions seem to be the little guy. As far as wages go - I'm not too concerned. I'm not really going down there to make money! It's a nice bonus, this is true, but I'd rather take a job with people I'll end up being close to and having more fun with than making some extra money in a super busy place. If it's an ultra high paced job where I barely get time off... well, I'd take the slower one.

I think there would be cool and fun people in all the jobs! But you get more of chance to get to know them in a less super busy place - So I'd probably be more for Merch.

18. I worked attractions in MK, fantasyland, it was incredible fun at times but very hard work, watching out for safety (you'd be amazed at the stupid things people try) and can be quite soul destroying at times (strollers still haunt me in my sleep!) but its definatly worth it.

19. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Thanks for all the advice.

Yeah attractions sound really cool too. Shame they don't do them on the cult rep.

Least I have along time to decide anyways.

Although I'm very worried about there being such limited places. I'm worried that when I apply to go in early 2009 there just won't be any places and I'll have to wait aaaages. Which would be such a pain in the backside!

20. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I think the reason why there isnt much talk about attractions is because most people on here are applying to work at epcot for a year and only a few of the pavillions have attractions!!

???