The Disney Cure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ~Disney_Princess~, Apr 20, 2008.

1. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Does anyone else get the urge to watch Disney movies or listen to Disney music when they're feeling down? Haha I do! I'm watching Enchanted (again) right now ;D

2. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Oh, and Amen to that...
    Your puppy could have just died, and a Disney tune will bring you right back to your old happy self... Disney magic, oh yeah
    I rarely feel down or sad or anything like that.. I'm pretty much happy all the time... but Disney music makes you happier, no matter how happy or sad you are...
    I love disney music...
    I just watched some old Silly Symphony shorts... and damn, did I cheer up...

3. Disney cures everything and the movie are a good way to procrastinate when you are meant to be working lol. It also makes sure that you get your fix whilst you are waiting for your next holiday back to good 'ole WDW (or any other Disney park actually)

4. ~Disney_Princess~

yeah actually going to WDW or DL would be the ulimate cure lol. when you're there you're really in a whole other world and your troubles just melt away haha. but the music really does lift your spirits :D

5. DisneyDreamer85

DisneyDreamer85 New Member

Disney, to me, isn't just a fix when you're down, it gets you in any even better mood for the day. It can set the tone for how the days going to go. There are always happy endings everywhere you look, and sometimes in life, it's not all lollipops and rainbows, but Disney somehow has a way of making the world go away and makes everyone think positive.
    And just think, it was all started by a mouse :)

6. ~Disney_Princess~

It lets you believe in happy endings :)
    Wow I really didn't think there was anyone else that felt the same way about Disney as me until I came here :D...oh I sooooo hope I get the chance to be a CRP there'll be Disney addicts everywhere ;D

Is there any specific movie that just makes you really happy?? For me it's Enchanted, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King...ok well they pretty much all do but those are my main ones ;D

7. DisneyDreamer85

The Little Mermaid and Cinderella are definitely the movies I turn to when I need a pick me up.
    And as corny as this sounds, I get a Disney vacation planning kit every year so I get a whole bunch of people together and we watch it. Seeing the looks on the faces of the people who haven't been before is priceless, and hearing the reactions of the people who have went, but see new things, just gets me even more excited about working in the happiest place on earth!

8. Its probably Cinderella for me as well though I do love the Lion King, Little Mermaid, Aladdin and all those kinda ones. They all make me happy as do the Vacation DVD's. Mine has just arrived ;D

9. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Ah, I want one of those Disney vacation planner dvd's.. but they don't send them all the way over here... :'(
    Movies that totally get me out of the gutter are Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Pinocchio, Snow White... and all the other movies with great music.. it's basically the music that makes the movies I love...
    Without Disney music, the day is not worth living...
    The song "Under The Stars" from the Lion King, is my favorite.. my most played Disney song on iTunes.. it's amazing..
    Just the mentioning of Disney is also somewhat of a little kick...
    In a lecture at school today, the teacher actually mentioned Disney.. she was talking about leadership and vision... And hence Disney and their vision of making people happy....
    made my day...

10. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Hehe, they mentioned Disney on our training before the season starts last weekend! About how Disney goes above and beyond to give great service!

11. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

yeah.. they should start teaching Disney service to everyone Norwegian...
    service sucks in this country

12. ThatGuyMatt

ThatGuyMatt New Member

My girlfriend LOVED 'Enchanted' but i didn't really like it that much to be honest...i really wanted to :-[

13. ~Disney_Princess~

It must be a girl thing lol
    I don't know what it is about that movie but I just love it. The music is one thing I really love but also I think it's how it juxtaposes reality with fantasy and sort of shows that if we could just say what we feel and think of things more simply we could be so much happier. It's got some really funny parts too ;D

14. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

hey, enchanted was awesome...
    might be a girl thing.. but I liked at least
    the music of course, written by the one and only Alan Menken, was sweeet

the the mix between reality and fairytale world, was a neat little blend..

15. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

I think it was definitely a girl thing! my boyfriend hated it too.. lol
    such a good movie!

16. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

I had guy friends that liked Enchanted... then again we're also having a Love Actually movie night tonight so maybe they just like girly movies. Disney is definitely able to cheer me up when I'm sad... my dad ordered the vacation planning DVD for this year so that we could have video for the year I'm going to be working there ;D

17. ThatGuyMatt

ThatGuyMatt New Member

Dont get me wrong....i love musicals and i love disney movies but for me, this just failed.

I was bang on the case about seeing it, my girlfriend was like "No it looks rubbish! by the end of it she was like:

:eek:THATS AMAZING! LETS GO SEE IT AGAIN

Now she is pestering me to buy her the DVD. I know i'll be forced to watch 200 more times. eek

18. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

we'll make you watch it in FL too!! ;)

19. ThatGuyMatt

ThatGuyMatt New Member

Oh god no! lol

20. DisneyDreamer85

I'm going to have to agree with Casey on that one Matt!
    You're definitely gonna have to spend a night or two watching Disney movies with all of us! haha ha
    Sorry! tee hee hee