"The Disney Look" -- Hair and Make up?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by forloveofmusic, Nov 13, 2008.

1. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

"If makeup is worn, it should be applied in a blended manner and in colors complementary to the skin tone. If eyeliner and eye shadow are worn, they should be neutral colors that are close in value to the skin tone. Eye shadow and eyeliner should create a natural, blended look and should not extend beyond the natural eye area or the corners of the eye. Mascara may be applied lightly in shades of brown or black. If lip liner is worn, it should not contrast with the shade of the lipstick."

So I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that a 1/4-inch think black border around my eyes is not really a 'natural' look. ( :( ) So my question is to current or past Cast Members who have not parted with make-up... what kind of colours do you wear? Just beiges and browns? I did buy some to experiment with and have tried to make it look like there's almost nothing on... but for like a decade I've barely gone a day without eye make up on. Is brown eyeliner allowed? I guess as long as its "applied in a blended manner", right?

As for hair dye... anyone here dye their hair or know someone who does? It's another thing that's just been with me for so many years... Although I don't REALLY mind dyeing my hair back to brown, I love my black hair... To me it looks natural, but that could be because I've had it black for.... *calculates*... 6 and a half years. Like I said, if need be, I will change it back. But it's a tough feat to cover black without spending a fortune at the salon... so what do you think? Does the black look natural? Be honest (I'm on the left... with the un-natural eye makeup lol)--
    Clicky

2. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Can't really see from the picture but from your description, your black hair would be absolutely fine - it's a possible natural colour. As long as it's not got any colour that couldn't naturally grow out of someone's head, then that's okay. You might want to check the eyebrow situation though! And they can be very strict about roots.

It also depends on your managers, some are very lenient and others really crack the whip.

Make up - also depends on your managers. But think about your role, and also just the fact you're in Florida! Even if I did normally wear loads of makeup, which I don't, it would just have been silly as a character to put it all on just for it to melt off and look like cack from my first set haha! So yeh, heat plus lots of physical work... you might find that after a week you give up on the eyeliner anyway!
    I know people who did wear a little black liner and it was fine.
    Anyway, the worst that can happen is they would take you offstage and hand you a makeupwipe....

3. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I live in my eyeliner, I almost got it tattoed on because i love it that much.

I love wearing my eyeliner but i also love disney.

For my interview I took my facial piercings out a month early, i dyed my hair to a natural (black, thats the only colour it would go to after years of abuse) colour, and practised with naturalish makeup.

I still worried that black wasn't natural enough.

It all went to pot on the actual day because i hadn't slept the night before, i desperately wanted to hide under my eyeliner, in the end I wore none at all, i couldn't get the shower to work properly and it had rained so my hair was lank.

I'm really suprised of my outcome on the basis of what i looked like alone.

Although, in the presentation Roger said that it didn't apply to the interview, I was so mad about that!

4. forloveofmusic

I did that too, I had stretched ears and in the weeks up to the interview I wore a smaller size every week or so until I can put in regular ones without them looking too gross lmao And I used to have 4 in each ear and now it's down to 1.... It was so weird waking up and not having to fix any of them lol. I almost got tatoo eyeliner too, my cousin does permanent make up. I'm still on the fence about what colour I'm having my hair. I still have 6 months to decide lol Maybe it is time for a change, we'll see.

5. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Just a few tips, as I've worked there, and been through their Nazi tendencies when it comes to looks (I'm not kidding, they really are that strict).
    You can dye your hair in any color you want, as long as it looks natural. That means if you're black, you won't have blonde or white hair, you will have dark brown or black. If you are white, you will not have black hair or white (generally only old folks are allowed white hair ;) ) So basically what they are trying to say is that whatever your race can genetically have, you can have. I'm white with really dark brown hair, almost black, but it's natural so they can't say anything. And if you're black/asian/latino, don't show up with light colored hair, as they expect nothing else than black.
    When it comes to jewelry, one earring per ear at the bottom of the ear, and they have to be small. No piercings other than that. One girl I worked with though had her tongue pierced, and they didn't notice.... so it is possible to get away with some stuff. And rings, I think it's like one per hand or something, no biggy really.
    Makeup though. Don't put on to much, they will send you home. If it's very apparent you are wearing makeup, it's too much. Just put on the bare minimum. And no fancy colors. They don't want girls looking like geisha chicks.
    But they are pretty cool about the look. They know you guys are new to the place, and will explain it in detain when you get over there. Just don't cross the line 8 months into the program. They will refuse you to work, and you will be losing money.

6. They can be as big as a dime I think which isn't huge but gives more le-way when looking at earrings. They don't like dangly earrings though but you can have hoops but can't remember how big they can be, maybes as big as a penny. Not sure though.

It really does depend on your manager, some don't mind too much but others are really picky about it. I know one of my managers was like that.

7. forloveofmusic

Thanks guys! I've started the process of taking out the black dye in my hair. *tear* lol

I think it said hoops have to be no bigger than a quarter. So roughly an inch, which isn't too bad at all.

I'm going down on vacation in January, so I'm going to take note of what current CRPs are wearing/doing, and talk to them, etc.

8. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I'm not going for bloody ages yet, I'm tempted to re-pierce my face and dye my hair red again!

9. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Also, many of the managers are nice about the look, and will give you some leeway. However, Disney hire these Disney-look-police. ALl they do, is walk around the parks/resorts etc. to see if everyone is maintaining the look.
    I wore jewelry and did shit to my costume that my managers didn't mind, but when these guys come around, they'll notice, and they will make you fix it, on the spot.

10. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i love disney, they think of everything :D

(i've also just noticed that whole replacing rude words with 'Mickey!' thing...haha)

11. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

i totally have time to dye my hair and get it back to normal again in time for july.

12. forloveofmusic

Me too, the way I "started the process" is that it's like layered colouring atm. My hair is too long to get it all with a home bleach kit at one time lol So it's half red/orange, half black. Which is not so much part of the Disney Look lol
    Eventally I'll have to bleach the bottom half and get it all... *sigh*... brown. How boring lol

My brother had to make some changes for the Disney Look too. He had beauuutiful long healthy hair (think Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall) and he chopped it all off for the interview. And upon receiving our little package it seems he has to go even shorter. I think at least British men should be allowed long hair. Back in the time where they really wore what their costume looks like the men had nice long hair, tied with a ribbon... thats hot.

13. The Disney Look Police are horrible and really picky!. They always came backstage to see if we were wearing our costume correctly. I mean who cares how your wear your costume backstage as long as it is fine when you are on stage. We weren't even allowed to wear a crucifix or anything even if it was under your shirt and couldn't be seen .... gahh!

14. forloveofmusic

You must convert to Disneyism lol

15. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

men with long hair are soooo sexy..its a shame he had to cut it off.

16. lol maybe that was what they were trying to do - convert me to their own religion. I just wore my crucifix anyway under my t-shirt which i wore under my shirt. I didn't really care what they would do and I never got disciplined for it even when one of my managers saw it.

17. forloveofmusic

AAAAMENNNN, sister!

...Or should I say Mickey instead of amen now?

18. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

no...:p

silverchair and men with long hair..I LIKE YOU, LETS BE FRIENDS :D

19. forloveofmusic

hehe yay !

20. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

To be honest, I got away with a lot. Our managers would warn us when the Disney Look people were doing rounds. On a daily basis it was really just having a few extra buttons on the shirt undone (nothing scandilous... just need ventilation in the heat! Ha!).
    My hair is a natural light brown and I had it dyed black black black for most of my contract. There was a comment above, saying how black hair coudln't be allowed on certain people? Black hair is actually natural on some caucasion people so I can't see how in any light white people can't have black hair. Think Italian/Greek heritage? I mean, if you have white white eyebrows things might be a bit wonky... hahaha.

Anyway, near the end of my contract I dyed it from black to a ridiculous blonde, for kicks. I added pictures so you can see how ummm... not exactly natural it looked. It was commented on a couple times by my managers, but what they usually said was "The change looks good!" or "That'll fade a little bit, right? The highlights are kind of outrageous."

Haha, the highlights never did fade *devil look*

(This was my favourite snow white because I thought she looked most like me. *gee* haha, and I love to note her 'blonde' eyebrows. Snow White obvie doesn't follow Disney Look!)