The next step? What happens after you have a phone interview?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by PrincessAriel81, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Greetings!

I'm a very excited Canadian who had a phone interview about two weeks ago. Would anyone know either from experience or from personal knowledge as to what the next step is? I heard there is a face to face interview but how do you know you are eligible and how soon do you find out after your phone interview whether or not you qualify?

Hope you can help? ???

2. Brittany.McGuire

Brittany.McGuire New Member

Hi there,

Congrats on your phone interview!

I know from my phone interview, and from asking around, and doing some research that after your phone interview (about 4-6 weeks) they will contact you and let you know whether you have made it to the next step, which is a face-to-face interview, and then after that they will contact you and let you know whether or not you have gotten the job!

Good luck!

And Hopefully I'll cya down there:)

3. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Basically it's one big waiting game. You waited to hear if you had a phone interview... then you had it. Now you have to wait to hear if you have a face to face interview. After that (if you get it) you'll have to wait to hear if you're going or if you're waitlisted. If they decline you at any point along the way they do have the decency to tell you (unlike some jobs.... grrr Harvey Nicks), but I'm sure that won't be the case.
    Good luck!

4. j-steff

j-steff New Member

they will notify you no matter what, whether or not you get the face to face, which is being held sometime in october they told me.

5. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

It totally is one HUGE waiting game! You'll hear from them prob when everyone's phone interviews are completed as to whether you get a f2f, and then you have to wait after that to find out about the job, but for ICP I only had to wait a week and a half after my f2f to find out I got it so that part isn't as bad (although a week and a half did feel like a lifetime! - constantly jumping at the phone! lol!)

6. Tinkershell

Tinkershell New Member

Hate this waiting game lol!!

7. princess_shayna

haha it's very hard to take! lol!

8. Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not sure if I will accept, should I be offered a position (with the main reason being that I am much older than the average applicant) however I am considering it due to lack of jobs in my field at the moment.

*Sigh* Recession shmession. Where's a fairy god mother when you need it, no? :-\

9. jackattack

jackattack New Member

Theres no age limit for Disney! It brings out the kid in all of us! ;D

10. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

It's true, Lefou!

It's the kid inside everyone that counts most! ;)

11. princess_shayna

awee it's so true!!! :D

12. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

Its funny how I had my phone interview today just hardly 20 hours after ive submitted my online application... and that woman on the phone already told me the date of my face to face interview... seriously, that went pretty quick..

13. jackattack

jackattack New Member

They must be short on Germans lol, all of us don't even know if we get a face to face interview yet. We're still waiting for everyone to get their phone interviews.

14. princess_shayna

ahh yes the waiting - you're lucky you got it so soon and you know you have a f2f - none of us Canadians know yet

15. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

I guess... when i picked up the phone that woman doing the interview was like "do you speak english?"............. ???
    maybe thats one of the selection criteria for germans lol

and yea im pretty lucky, ill have my f2f in october!

16. princess_shayna

yeah I think you def need to know how to speak and write it

17. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

that i do lol!
    been on a high school exchange to new zealand so i guess my english is pretty okay

18. princess_shayna

I think it's totally fine :) you're all set for this!

19. crp2010?

crp2010? New Member

Thank you! :)

20. jackattack

jackattack New Member

Do many people from Germany speak english as well as you? I must say, I'm very impressed.