The Seasonal Work Program.

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by s4meb, Jul 26, 2006.

1. s4meb

s4meb New Member

Hi everyone,
    just wondering if anyone can help me. i got an email this mornin from jason at yummy, about a job that starts in sept 06 and finishes in nov 06. i have applied for the international program. i was just wondering if i go for this 2 month job is it unlikely that i wont be getting into the 1 year program.
    thanks sam :)

2. acp

acp New Member

It says in the email that it won't affect your application for the Cultural Rep program, only enhance your chances.

I emailed them back for that this morning, although I haven't had a reply yet... Another waiting game begins :D

Andy.

3. Tan

Tan New Member

It just said it would 'enhance' ya chances of getting a place in the nov interviews. Ive also replied back!!! Would be an amazing experience!!! Im sure the bank will lend me the money!!! Anyone else applied??
    Tan x x x

4. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

just out of interest if it finishes in november will that be before or after the face to face interviews in london? cos if u miss that interview u would have to wait until march to interview?

E

5. Tan

Tan New Member

According to the email it says we would still have the November interview but that is something i want confirmed!!!

Tan x x x

6. acp

acp New Member

From what I've been told, you would be back in time for the November interviews.

7. mickeymarc

mickeymarc Member

WOW, i just got that email too, and i applied :D
    Its a bit exciting :D
    To me it sounds like this wil not get in the way of our other interviews/oppurtunities at all!
    Good luck all!
    :D

8. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Im gutted but I dont think im going to be able to apply, After talking it through with my parents we have decided that i just wouldnt be able to leave my job for two months as I wouldnt have a job to come back too. If I did this then no way would I be able to afford the year at Disney without a job beforehand. Gutted :'(
    Ashley x

9. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

i havent been invited on to this but it seems everyone who got their fone interview at same time as me has - does that mean my actual chances are gonna drop even more at the face 2 face? ugh!!!

i wouldnt be able to go for it even if they offered it to me. for the year long programme im actually going to be taking a career break and then going back to my job at the hospital afterwards

10. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Just wanted to let you all know (if you want more information on this) from what I've gathered from an annoymous source who's known about this for about a week (although I'm not sure how) it sounds like you are replacing replacements on the Alumni program (search this forum for more info). It was a 6 month program beginning back in about may. Some of us came down on June 20th as replacements doing QS F&B. We were reciently offered the option to possibly transfer to attractions, and 94% of us applied. I know of a few people who self termed because they didn't enjoy their F&B jobs, and thus they probably need more people to fill in for those last 2 months. This is on an H2-B visa. Oh and you will be living in Chatham or Vista. Seems most of the May people I've met are in Vista and most of the June people are Chatham

11. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Everyone who's just come back from the IP has also been contacted about this....so they must be really desperate!! :S

12. mickeymarc

mickeymarc Member

im a little confused. im trying to watch the presentation, and before it it asks name, email address etc, but im unsure what to write under 'company'. is that disney? or is it the company i work for now? im so confused, please help!

13. acp

acp New Member

I put "n/a" on that, because I didn't know what to put there. I'm having an interesting time getting the videos to stream properly in this presentation... But it's just about watchable at the moment :)

14. mickeymarc

mickeymarc Member

Thanks!
    i can finally go watch it now :D

15. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

Hey

Does anyone know if there would be a chance of getting kept on for longer after this program?

Nat

16. acp

acp New Member

I doubt it due to the same visa stuff that stops this on the other programs.. Don't quote me on that, though..

17. Jorden

Jorden New Member

There is NO chance of extending on this program. You Visa (if accepted) is technically allready valid and ends on Nov 10. They also have told us previously no chance.

18. mickeymarc

mickeymarc Member

I have watched the presentation but i wasnt prompted to fill out anything as they said i would and there was no Epresentstion certificate!
    Did anyone else have this problem? it made me worry sightly.
    marc

19. Trev

Trev New Member

Yep, That threw me as well, close the window and another one should open up with the certificate and survey on. Hope that helps.

20. mickeymarc

mickeymarc Member

i closed the window and then nothing happened! ohhh this is annoying me now! thanks anyway. any other suggestions?
    maybe ill just try agen eh?
    marc