the time on the waitlist...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by CeciliaF, Jun 6, 2010.

1. CeciliaF

CeciliaF New Member

Hey Guys,

just wonder usually how long does one stay on the waiting list? The waiting without any notifying or hints kinda sucks...

2. wesleyboyd

wesleyboyd New Member

Im not sure there is a set time really, It could be like a day (I do know it has been that short), and it could be as long as three months (which it took for me), or you may never get called, which definately happens. Sorry I couldnt offer any real uplifting information, but, just hopefully you left a good impression at the F2F! Good luck!

3. CeciliaF

CeciliaF New Member

I did the F2F interview in March, they kinda doubted me for my qualification, the original words were: "u r overqualified, why do u want to do this entry-level job?"

The thing is, I never thought Disney job is entry-level, all I see is that it's fun, it's exciting, it'll bring me a lot!

In the past 1 month, I spent an exhausting, worrying and difficult time. I even rejected some other job opportunities, coz I dont know when I will get called.....

Thanks for your reply.

Good luck,
    All the best,

Cecilia

4. amyanne

amyanne New Member

I decided to move on with my life and then two weeks after the interview I got the call
    so it really depends. Kristen, who is the contact at Yummy Jobs for Canada said that they
    usually place almost all of the waitlist people so it definitely is a major possibility. :)

5. CeciliaF

CeciliaF New Member

thanks for the consolation, that's great news!!!

I'll move on first, while I pray for the call!!

All the best,

Cecilia

6. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

The longest you will be on the waiting list is 6 months. If you haven't had a call within 6 months, that's it... you won't get one. Although, as has been said, some people get a call within a day or two, or after three months. Some people even get a call right at the end of their 6 months.

7. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

I was on it for 3 months.

Now I'm out here I've discovered half of my arrival group were actually waitlistees, so keep your fingers crossed :)

8. Harmony!

Harmony! New Member

Hi guys! so as far as i can see 3 months is like the average waiting in WL time right?
    my f2f was on may 13th so... i guess i'll start freaking out by mid august...i just hope i could be one of those cases in which i had to wait only like a month...

9. CeciliaF

CeciliaF New Member

I got the email on 30th April, so I'll wish to get called in the end of July, the sooner the better!

All the best!

10. Harmony!

Harmony! New Member

Well guys i was on the waitlist for a month exactly. i got the WL email on may 23rd and got the job offer today, june 23rd, i'll go for attractions...even if i applied for merchandise but...it's disney anyway!!! so i bet it'll be great! so i wish all the best for you guys! ... btw my arrival date is on august 17th....like in less than 2 months!!! OMG!

11. dspringa

dspringa Member

I had my F2F interview March 3rd, and I got called at the end of May for my position starting Oct 19!

My advice: just carry on with your life, and then make the tough choices when the call comes in! Because if they don't call, then you've wasted all this time.

:) good luck!

12. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

I got off the waitlist yesterday and I was on it for something like 5 months!! A couple of times I thought that I wasn't going to get it, but seriously just keep positive!! Most of the people who I am now going out with were waitlistees aswell, so it is a definate possibility!!

13. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

of the five people (including myself) whom i actually became friends with after our interview, i'm the only one who hasn't been called yet :( two got off the waiting list today. there's a little over a month to go still, but i really don't know what i'm going to do if i don't get off this list, and i know that sounds all whiny and over dramatic, but y'all don't know how badly i want this, and after the year i've had, i think i deserve it.

14. CeciliaF

CeciliaF New Member

I was on the waiting list for almost 4 months and I got off it last weekend...

Finally, thank god!

I will start from Feb next year.

Good luck to u all!

:)

15. mdj

mdj New Member

I was on the waitlist for 3 months.. Just be prepared for a few months of torture.. But hopefully u will end up here in orlando after some time :D

16. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

hah, about a week and a half after i wrote my last post, i got the call.
    i was on the waiting list for 5 months. yikes.