The Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by SteffieDavis, Feb 2, 2008.

1. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

Here's a support group for all of us waiting to here whether or not we've got the job....

I know i'm super nervous and am kind of obsessing, how 'bout everyone else?? one day since my interview, and I'm already anxious for the results-- they better come soon, i think i'll go crazy by day 3....
    how is everyone else coping?
    How long did it take to hear whether or not you're accepted in the past??

oh, and is anyone on here who interviewed in montreal or halifax?? I've only been talking to t.o people, i forgot there were other canadians trying for the jobs.

p.s-- if you are canadian icp summer 08, join this group: http://queensu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11903420663 !!!!

2. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

It's been 4 hours since my interview and I'm already freaking out! I just want to know! Everyone who was at the interviews was so amazing, and if this is any indication of what Disney would be like it makes me want to go THAT much more!

Best of luck to everyone! Let us know if you hear anything!
    <3 Jenn

3. brad

brad New Member

Add me to the support group! Its going to be a long couple of weeks.

4. HiddenMickeyLover

HiddenMickeyLover New Member

Can I join too????? ??? :'(

Even thought I've done the program before I think I was MORE nervous today than I was last time.
    As my facebook status says, I'm going to be "holding my breath and crossing my fingers for the next 2-3 weeks!"

Good luck everyone!

5. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

I'm sure everyone was fantastic! Feel free to add me on facebook or msn if you'd like!

6. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

CRP people, how did your interviews go?? how many people showed up?? you guys were one on one with the recruiters?? on friday we were groups of two!! I'm sooooo nervous now about hearing from them... they said they'd call right?? but I put down just about every possible phone number on those forms, so they could be calling my mom's house in ottawa, my cell phone, or my res phone.... now that's stressing me out as well! AHHHHH!

7. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Aww Good Luck guys xxxx

xxx

8. IloveTink

IloveTink New Member

Steffi i did the same thing
    home number cll, moms, florida phone number (im going to disney in 2 weeks)
    i cant wait and it hasnt even been 24hrs lol
    goodluck to all! xoxo

9. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

Hey I am sure you all did fantastic at the interviews, I had my interview in Calgary this past November and they only waited a week to let us know. But the week of waiting is defintely a hard one.

Good luck

10. Timitu

Timitu New Member

LOL. I am so excited, but not that bad yet. I am trying to keep it that way. Longer I can go without being unbelivably excited the faster some days will pass. How did everyones go? Who else was interviewed by Sue? That made me feel so much better to find out everyone else could not pick up any hints either. All the people I hung out with were interviewed by Roger. And all had all these little things they knew. Sue was so nice though but you could not read what she was thinking. She was too good at that. LOL. I thought I talked to much but I hear a lot of people felt that way with her. I had the nervous ramblings. But I think she liked me enough for the job. But it is so hard. I don't think I met anyone there who was not good for the job. You all were so fun. It really felt like a Disney feel to that room.

When did you all put to go? Wonder who will end up going the end of this month. I am ready but it will be a quick move. I am hoping for May or something more. But if I got mine that soon I would take it.

11. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Oh ya. I have a question for people. LOL.

What was some of the questions you guys asked? Did anyone not ask a question? Man I felt so dumb with mine. Out in the hall I thought of two REALLY good ones but I was not writing them down I had everything closed up. I was like "Oh I will remember those." When it came time for questions and I went to get my note pad she commented on how good it was I came prepared so I felt so good and then the only question I wrote down was my earlier stupider one. "How will you guys get a hold of us if we got the job?" And I was about to say "Oh I cant find them but since she commented on me being prepared I figured that would not be the right thing to say so I asked that question and she explained that Eric did all that not them. But it did get me to remember my e-mail address on the application. She asked if I had others and since I had forgotten I had to say no. So I felt bad about that. Darn.

12. brad

brad New Member

Does anyone know how many people they were looking to hire? You dont usually see many people get rejected on the forums... I want to know now haha. Hopefully we will find out this week?

13. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

how many people were at the crp interviews??

and I didn't have a question, but sue asked if we had anything else we wanted to say to her and I felt slightly desperate so I rambled about how I really want the oppurtunity, blah blah blah... it may have been slightly pathetic sounding :s

14. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

I'm guessing there were somewhere around 35-40 people at the CRP interviews (plus then there were interviews in Halifax, and Montreal is on Monday).

I did the same thing as you Steffie! When she said "is there anything else you would like to say" I didn't immediately think of questions (although I had some written down so I'd remember them) and I just spoke about how I would love the opportunity and thanked her for the interview. I completely forgot about the questions until I was outside of the room. *darn*.

I'm not going to stress *too* much about the interview. It's done and we can't do anything about it now! I'm sure we were all fine and presented our friendly, wonderful selves very well.

Hopefully they are fast at making decisions! This waiting is torture, and making me very ineffective at doing homework (and I have a midterm tomorrow).

15. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I had my F2F interview CRP in Halifax.
    It was awesome. I'd say we had around 30 people there and 10 or 11 of them were for the CRP.

It went as perfect as it could have gone so if I don't get it, I'm really not meant to have the job.

16. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

Really??! Only 10 or 11 for the CRP!? That makes me really happy! Even if Montreal has 30 people that's still only 80 applicants... assuming they need to hire a fair number of people maybe most of us will get offered a role!

17. IloveTink

IloveTink New Member

only ten or eleven, for some reason I thought it was a bit more then that. yikes!

18. Hi Emily!
    My fellow prez pal :)

19. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Waiting is horrible!!

20. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

wow, that means there was quite a few for ICP there, a lot more than the 15 in toronto... eek! and did you guys see the rejection letter a couple of people got in the January phone Interviews topic-- scariest thing I have ever seen, i hope none of us see that email ever, ever again! wow, i had kinda convinced myself that all the icp people got accepted and that i didn't have to be too nervous, but now I am freaking out again!!!