The X Factor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marshabrady, Dec 11, 2004.

1. marshabrady

marshabrady New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can you believe Steve won? He is SO boring.. I'm thinking (hoping) his single will go to number 2, and then we'll never hear from him again! I was originally rooting for Tabby, because he was slightly original and I love Sharon Osbourne! When he went I was for G4, I laughed at their Alvin-and-the-Chipmonks style lead singer, but thought they were ok. Now Steve has won, what a joke! It's almost as shoking as David Sneddon winning Fame Acadamy 1!

Were any of you guys watching it?

Beth :-*

2. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Beth,
    I watched the result - didnt get to see the show as i was still at work. I didnt really think steve had the X factor. I guess maybe i dont get the deal over him. Like sure hes cute and has a soulfull voice, but i always thought its mostly teenage girls who vote on these shows - and isnt Steve a little old for their tastes? I guess i am very much wrong and all types of people vote for x factor...
    Marie

3. Tinks

Tinks New Member

It was so a fix!!

Who created the show? Simon.
    Whos 'student' was steve? oh yeah Simons!!

FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX!!

4. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I had to turn the sound down when Steve sang.

I read Simon wants victoria beckham as a judge for the next series ???

8)

5. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I saw bits of the shows but not the last few weeks. The last show I saw I thought it should be a final Steve against Tabby, but it sounds like that wasn't the case. I thought G4 were ok, so if it was a final between Steve and them, I think Steve should have won. But overall I think Tabby should have won. I think this is probably a very convoluted post, so I hope it makes some kind of sense!!! :-[
    Charlotte x

6. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I liked Steve!!! Am glad he won!!! I really dont like Louis Walsh - he give sme the creeps!!

I used to like Sharon Osbourne but am not sure anymore - her comments about Steve last night were unnecessary - shes entitled to her opinions but what she said was just mean!

If they do have another series theire first priority should be to get rid of that annoying Kate Thornton as presenter - I hate her!!!

The best thing about The X Factor was Ben Shepherd presenting the ITV2 coverage ;D :p !!!

7. Marie

Marie Guest

I quite liked Tabby too charlotte.

Stu - i dunno if Victoria Beckam would be much good as a judge but then popstars had Geri...

And yeah Michelle they really should lose Kate Thornton, i thought Ant and Dec were better on pop idol (sad i know!) I wish i had digital/satelite so i couldve seen Ben Shepherd on itv2 - hes sooo lovely!

8. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Ooooooo, me too!! I love Ant and Dec!! ;D

9. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

Hands off Dec! Hes mine ;D
    Anyone can have Ant though!

X factor was fixed, tabby was the best - didn't like steve. I really liked Cassies voice - she was amazing! Hope she brings out a single!

Sarah :D

10. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

I agree with Tinks....

FIX FIX FIX!!!!!

and yes Ant and Dec - wouldn't love a nite out with them two, it'd hilarious!!

;)

11. Gareth

Gareth New Member

i think that the right person won considering the audience. steves appeal was far greater than that of tabby or g4's.
    i think that tabby would hve only appealed to the younger generation and g4 to a very select few, although saying that i predict that the pop market will be flooded with opera style groups within the next 6 months.

is anyone thinking of applying to the x factor 2005??

Gareth

12. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

i think i might enter x factor 2005!
    People tell me i have a good voice but i don't believe them, so now i can find out for sure from the experts! look out for me crying, when they tell me i really am bad!
    :D
    Sarah :D

13. nick.orlando.com

nick.orlando.com New Member

STOP BAD MOUTHING STEVE,

HE WAS THE BEST ALL ROUND ENTERTAINER IN THE WHOLE COMPITION.

BUT LETS FACE IT ALL NINE OF THEM ARE GOING TO GET A RECORD CONTRACT

Nick

14. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I'v just read on another website that Steve was booed on his firsy public performance since winning and G4 have got a record contract with Sony, but probably won't release anything until the X Factor tour ends.

8)

15. DisneyMichelle

G4 wont be able to release anythingfor about three months I think - think that was part of the contract of being on the show to allow steve maximum exposure for the next couple of months!!

Theres no way that the result of X Factor can be fixed. I used to work on a TV show where we would have phone votes to see which cartoon viewers wanted us to show and as the TV company made money out of the votes they were so closely monitored by independent organisations to make sure the episode with most votes was the one that got shown!!

For something like X Factor where simon and his production company are making huge amounts of money from the votse if there was any hint of rigging it then the show would be taken off the air straight away.

Anyway - rant over!!!!

I love Ant and Dec too - who doesnt!!! And I can say that they are the loveliest guys I g=have ever met - just one of the perks of my old TV job!! ;D

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

I agree with you michelle i really liked steve and sharons comments were totally unnecessary and i really liked her before that since that outburst however my opinion of her has faultered slightly. I don't think it was a fix however i do think that due to sharons outburst and louis comments bout every song steve sang you can get by westlife, which maybe true and i am a fan of the guys, but he just looks like he plugs and tries to hard and louis is not a nice man! eww gives me the creeps as well michelle!

i was a fan of tabby as well, but i did think cassie was amazin i wanted her to win cos she had an unbelievable voice.

As for applying no, i did however apply for pop idol and never went to the audition haha. only got the application form for a start as friends sent for them for me, ended up with 4 or 5 application forms, not my cup of tea really!

17. Tinks

Tinks New Member

I can't sing for toffee, so I don't think I'll apply, (visions of being asked back as the worst i.e chicken plucker come to mind!!) ;D

Would go for pop idol though, just to meet ant and dec!!

18. Gareth

Gareth New Member

tinks, i received a letter earlier this year saying that they will tell me when the auditions for pop idol will be so that i can apply, i also want to apply for x-factor 2005 so if anyone is interested give me a shout and maybe we can sort out all going to the same auditions for both. gotta be worth going just to be told you are crap!!!

gareth

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww good luck to you gareth! I'll be in florida, mayb ill go 4 american idol haha, nah i can sing, but i dont think im any good, havent got the confidence, plus id cry if people slated me haha!

xxx

20. DisneyMichelle

Im the worst singer ever so would never ever audition for a show like that!!! But if you want to audition for american idol sara then Ill def accompany you to the audition - ryan seacrest is really cute!!! (Not as nice as ant and dec though!!!)