things to do...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by katiekat, Jan 16, 2005.

1. katiekat

katiekat New Member

Hey, I noticed that my drivers license photo expires the same year that Im in Florida, and it got me thinking, there are probably a bunch of things that I havent even thought of that I should be doing before I leave.
    Maybe if a few of us think about it, we'll be better off!
    Here are some things to consider before going down: (feel free to add)
    1. taking care of my drivers license
    2. doctors appointments, etc.
    3. dentist appointments
    4. all that bank stuff
    5. any bills or whatever that are usually mailed to your canadian address (i have a horse, so one arrangment that I need to make is to take care of my monthly vet and boarding bills)
    6. including phone or cell bills
    7. cancelling or selling your cell phone contract
    8. ???

2. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Pack? ;D Sorry had to say it. Get some us money? photocopy all important documents as then you have copies if you loose them, ie passport, birth certificate

3. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Theres so much to think about - like sorting out whether to keep or sell my car while Im away - cancelling the gym - dont wanna be paying that for a year when Im not thereand heaps more stuff!!

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

thing that you only need in the US like swim suit, adaptors things you need before you get to the shops like an alarm clock etc. arrange an alternative address for all your mail to get it redirected.em what else.....

5. Lady

Lady New Member

I don't even want to think of this stuff yet!! there is so much to do and only 5 months to do it! Wait, not even! ahhhh!!

Chelsea

6. katiekat

katiekat New Member

Yes, but some things you really do need to do in advance! Phone contract cancellations have to be done a month in advance, bank things sometimes take a few weeks to process...etc.!
    I'm not sure about everyone else, but the last few weeks before I leave, I don't want to be doing any of that, I want to be engaging in goodbye parties, and last trips to Grand Beach!

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah that's what i was thinking too. better to be organised. i made a list today actually of all the things i need to buy!

xxx

8. charlyboy

charlyboy New Member

Something veeery very important & useful taht somebody said the other day and is completely true.
    Bring some cookies or snaks for your 1 night in the commons.. usually you arrive very hungry & is not good to start drinkin when you are hungry. jejeje
    Carlos
    Mexico F&B jul 03-04

9. Marie

Marie Guest

I gotta get a new passport as mine expires Jan 06!

I gonna make sure that i find time to visit relatives and friends who prob wont be able to come to visit me in Florida. Tho a few r hoping to! And my american friends have all said they will come down!

Also i guess any foods/things u really cant get easily in america. I didnt the first time i ever lived there! so yeah any fave beauty products, snacks etc...
    Oh its all getting so exciting talking about what we're gonna take!

I also will have to sort out graduating - apparently we have to pay even if like me we miss the ceremony. stiill at least i dont have to rent a gown. better hope i pass my exams tho - or who knows what id do!

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

Irn bru! god im gonna miss that stuff. one of my friends are comming out in July and im making her take me a bottle!haha!

Marie dont worry...you'll pass. YOU GOTTA, you're not staying on another year and missing this! you seemed like a clever wee chicken anyway!

xxx

11. Marie

Marie Guest

Awww thanks Lindsey, Thats sweet! i got no motivation this yr i just wanna finish! I think id prob be tempted to go even if i did fail - would be hard to turn down an opportunity like disney!

Lol over irn bru! Im the same over ribena will def take a bottle with me as i can live without it but i will miss it! In Nys you could get it on import in an international supermarket so maybe there will be somewhere in orlando i can get it! Although u can get ribena and some other british stuff on bbc america website - they might have irn bru too i cant remember!

Marie xxx

12. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hehe oh wow lindsey ill miss irn bru as well!! i love the stuff! i mite even miss marmite, growin up where it's made it's in my blood!!

xxx

13. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

Im gonna go check out that bbc america site, just to check, it would be very useful. Don't know what i'd do without the stuf!

Sara - Marmite...eeewww! having said that a lot say the same about irn bru!
    Marie - aw, my mum always used to give me ribena when i was ill. hadn't had it for years, then when i was babysitting my dance teacher's kids the other night they had some...i was guzzeling on the stuff all night!

i might even be able to live without irn bru anyway. when im on holiday i usually switch to dr pepper!

xxx

14. Marie

Marie Guest

Im sure ur be able to track down irn bru somewhere! And maybe ur be able to get marmite too Sara. if not maybe we should encourage disney to add these things to the UK pavillion shops!

15. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys,

Well I have also got loads of things to do.
    Like buying some formal clothing stuff. U know the guy that has only got a suit :p
    And also I dont know, u know, I am taking not too much clothing, I dont know what do with the cloth that remains.
    Maybe give it away, or keep it.
    Dont know.
    I need to get my certificate for my Italian Courses.
    And also get everything done for my scholarship.

Thanks
    See ya

Robb ;D

16. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

hahaha just went on the bbc america website for $59.98 you get packet of hobnobs & digesives. PG tips marmite, chocolate and mint aeros, flake, crunchie, and a mars bar, beans and finally paxo stuffing! haha probably would struggle to break the £10 mark! suppose it depends how desperate i get for a flake....!

Jo
    xx

17. Marie

Marie Guest

Yeah its a fortune Jo! I think theyve cut back on their food - cos i looked recently and couldnt find any in their on line shop they used to have masses. I can live without stuff - ive done it b4 when ive lived abroad. But if i get desperate theres loads of expat online food stores (found one the other day when i was wasting time browsing that sold ribena and irn bru!) and theres bound to be an international food supermarket in orlando!
    Marie xxx

18. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Hope so Marie, im only there for 3 months rite enough so ill manage! Really prefer american chocolate 2 ours anyway hersheys - mmmmmm!!!! And having Lucky Charms for breakfast makes up for not having lots of stuff! "Wheres me lucky charms!!"

Jo
    xx

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

marie, there's an british shop/supermarket in kissimmee run by ex pat brits. sells everythin from walkers crisps to cadburys and tetleys tea bags ;) i know i'll b goin there if i get desperate haha

xxx

20. Marie

Marie Guest

Well thats, that one sorted then thanks Sara! saw a pic of Kissimee in one of my travel brochures it showed a boardwalk with a diner and ferris wheel - looked soo cute and american! lol!

I know what u mean Jo - when i first get to america i'll be all about american food in time i'll miss some british things but sounds like theres the kissimmee shop for emergencies. Plus im working in merch and theres meant to be cadburys in one of the shops. Hope to meet you out there...

Marie xxx