This 'ere Vlog thing...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by KC, Dec 18, 2008.

1. KC

KC New Member

Howdy y'all (ooh, it's like we're already there!),

So I was fannying around youtube last night and I came across some video blogs (vlogs) of CPs (i.e. that lot on the American program) who are getting ready to head off to WDW. In particular, I had a look at the ones by John (www.youtube.com/johnwdwcp) and thought they were a good idea.

Soooo, I started a vlog for us ICPs (and CRPs too, Louisa...) to kinda keep ourselves up to date with how things are going and get ourselves ready for going out to WDW! Plus, it might make things more fun/interesting during the next million months. If you have any questions for me (about me, Disney, the ICP, my last program, etc. etc. etc.) or if you have fun news (like "Hey Kevin! YJ Called me today!!") then let me know and I'll include ya in ze video!

Anyhoo, the first video is up at www.youtube.com/kevkc

Lemme know what you think, and don't forget to send in questions and the such! ;D
    Ta!
    Kev

2. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Sounds like a plan... i shall try to think of a question and poss upload a video tonight :D

3. KC

KC New Member

Second episode is up! Really thought there'd be a bigger gap!

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

They are amazing though. Could probably think of a hundred questions to ask but ill stick to my first one for now.

5. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Wow that's such a good idea, if I wasn't such a computer spaz I'd do one myself! I'm going to make sure you mention me though, I WILL be famous!!

6. KC

KC New Member

Third episode is done. I'm thinking the next one might include me going through some Disney forms and stuff that I still have from 2006, or, it'll be a roommate survey thingy... or it'll be talking about roles. Thoughts?

7. vik

vik New Member

you should warn people about the visa day when you have to sit in a room with no phone, ipod or electrical thing and wait for about 3 hours !

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Youre joking?

9. vik

vik New Member

if only i was!
    but i met some fellow icp's there so it wasn't too bad but it was one long day!

10. KC

KC New Member

In Dublin, you only wait about 15 to 20 minutes :D

11. vik

vik New Member

stupid irish.... :D
    loved your last vlog with the illuminations music!
    i have some questions that people might think of:
    will i be housed with someone from my country/programme?
    how does the bus system work?
    explain the blue maingate pass!
    explain points, reprimands

and i would like to correct you in the on the 4th july, the three o clock parade is at noon AND three!

if you do explain the roles, il send you some info on costuming cos no one knows anything about it!

12. CharlotteSparkle

Do I have to get up really early the day after I arrive?
    Will we definitely, definitely get to go to Walmart the day we get there for bedding etc?
    How soon before we can run free in the parks?
    I don't have a laptop but I want to keep my blog up to date while I'm there - is it worth getting a cheap laptop to take over there?

13. Liss_88

Liss_88 New Member

can you use the fantasmic music, it makes my life complete! I love the KC, keep them coming. x

14. KC

KC New Member

Episode the 4th is up!

With questions! And answers! And other stuff of such a nature!

15. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

OH MY GOD. Can I just say that I love you?

your so cuuuuuuuute :)

16. CharlotteSparkle

Kevin you are awesome :)

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I love the vlogs, they are awesome, i shall give another video reply for one of them!

18. vik

vik New Member

hey kevin, i have a couple of points for you (not in a mean way!) about the first few days at disney from last summer that they have changed since you were there

1) yummy will tell everyone about this prior, but we have to find our own way to vista on the day we arrive. they will give us a voucher for mears shuttles and when we arrive, we have to go find the mears desk and tell them we wanna go to vista and then we get on a coach which will take us there, and perhaps a few other places on disney property is you're lucky! this is to do with budget cuts cos before disney were there to meet you at the airport and now they're not :(

2)the first morning you will probably have to be at the vista way pavillion at 9am, this isnt a problem though cos europe to US jet lag will mean you're up really early anyway!

3) We didn't get taken to Walmart :( though they gave us taxi numbers etc so we just had to do that in our own time, and i wouldnt bother going on the first night (not many people manage to!) and if you're at vista you can just go to walgreens.

4) changing roles is REALLY difficult and full of hassle, its really better for you to just stick it out and by the end you'll be wishing you could stay!

19. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I cant believe they dont meet you at the airport anymore! Thats so harsh..It must only cost them about $200..Im sure they could surely afford that..They own what, 100 companies isnt it!!

I found that target was better than walmart..Its a bit further in a taxi, but I think you save alot more..I think everyone on the college program just goes to walmart because its easier, with the bus etc..Walgreens is so expensive..Most of the stuff is around 3 times the price of walmart! Its ok for the odd thing..I often used to go to publix, coz they do some good offers..Its more pricey that walmart by a little bit, but its alot better quality..Publix is kind of like america's version of Sainsburys..

20. vik

vik New Member

oh and another thing is that last year even though yummy told us we had to open an account with partners, at orientation they told us we had to do it in our own time so i went to partners and they told me not to bother to open an account as i was only there 10 weeks which was a bit of a bummer cos they took $2 off my every paycheck when we went to cash them, but it beats supermarkets cos if you do it at walmart or publix, they take 2% which could well be more than$2. i hop ethey get their act together this year tho!