traditions/training etc

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disneydreamer, May 24, 2008.

1. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

just wondering what kind of clothes we need to take for our training...it says smart business like stuff but in the uk im thinking it would be quite different...black trousers...shirt...suit jacket but im guessing being in the florida heat it would be different? any ideas?

2. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

I'm bringing a black dress skirt and a purple blouse with short sleeves. and nylons...

3. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

yeah i think i need to get me a skirt! and some shoes...the shoes we have then are different for the ones we need to wear for work though right?
    steph

4. Tiffany

Tiffany New Member

right, and just think of the AC, it will be really could nearly freezing in the rooms...
    so take a jacket with you or a pullover or something

5. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Oh yeah! You need something for when you're inside! No matter where you go, if you're staying inside for a while, you need a jacket or a sweater!

6. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

The air conditioning makes everything freezing! I can't figure out how to work the one in our apartment, so I'm cold!

7. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

i got a plain black skirt now! i think i have some short sleeve shirts so i'll just take a couple of them. do we only need to wear this for the first day or could it be for a few? x

8. Mauro

Mauro New Member

just be carefull with skirts . I friend of mine was asked to come back later to take traditions cause her dress was a little bit over the knee¡¡¡¡¡

9. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Yeah, they're really strict! But to me they were nice and let me run down to costuming and borrow black pants. But a friend of mine who wore sneakers weren't allowed because they had nothing to loan to her...

10. What are the restrictions on blouses. I need to buy a new one but I don't want to buy it until I know for certain that it would be ok to wear

11. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Just keep it simple, and the arms needs to cover your elbows I think.

12. jtlewis

jtlewis New Member

Are grey trousers ok to wear to traditions instead of black?

John :)

13. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i'm pretty sure grey is okay, as long as they are smart. look in the disney look book for more details :D

14. Mauro

Mauro New Member

its not a matter of how you look, as long as you are within the disney lool guidelines you are ok, for example

a friend of mine was wearing a dress with high heels and she looked gorgeous, but her dress was over the knee so she had to return later

another friend of mine was wearing khaki dockers pants with a polo shirt she had a pony tail and shoes that could have easily passed as sneakers--she was completly ok ¡¡¡¡¡

15. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

they have to go to the elbow? that's gonna be hot!

16. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Yeah, but you'll be inside freezing your ass of for the most of the time :p

17. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

true! so how many days do we need to be dressed like this or is it just the first day?

18. Mauro

Mauro New Member

it depends on the type of trainning you get¡¡¡

my case:

1 day traditions
    1 day introduction talk (paperwork inmigration information housing information)
    2 day f&b trainning at disney university
    1 day daklimation (introduction to your park or resort¡¡¡ mine was Ak) . On this day you get to go to costumming and after that all you use is your costume¡

all of these days you must be within the disney look guidelines¡¡¡

19. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

k, just had traditions yesterday:

Short sleeve blouses ar fine, make sure you can tuck it in though
    no sandals, even dress sandals
    no dress capris or shorts

20. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

I double checked the disney look book.. and skirts can't be any higher than three inches from the top of ur knee cap bone. steffie, they don't actually measure or anything do they? I'm a little worried about my dress.. it may be like 4.. I haven't measured it yet but I will once I get it back from the dry cleaning...lol