Training/Orientation

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by jenmacp, Aug 31, 2005.

1. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Hey guys -

I'm wondering about our orientation. I know we have to wear professional attire as described in our dress code booklet which is fine and dandy.

Except in 90F heat. :eek:

Does our orientation involve walking aroun Epcot? Or do we get to comfortably sit in an a/c'ed room for hours? Basically I'm worried about sweating my ass off (what a mess it would make for the janitors ;) ) and hobbling around in my "professional" shoes because the heels are too high and I lack the talent to walk flawlessly in them.

So yeah, is orientation (is that traditions?) take place indoors and does it involve a lot of walking? When does it usually take place? Our second day in Florida?

Thanks!
    ~ Jen

2. pidieh

pidieh New Member

Hello,

I was also wondering about orientation...can we wear heels? I bought plain black dress shoes but if we can wear heels I'd rather do that. Also, how "professional" does our clothes have to be? Is is really strict? Can we just wear a skirt and collared shirt?

Heidi

3. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

im wearing wot i wore to my interview...my suit with shirt and heels :) x

4. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

i think the june lot said it was actually really laid back and the girls wore long ish skirts with nice tops - i dont no if thats cos of the weather tho?? :D

5. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

yeah, I was really hoping we wouldn't have to wear a suit jacket or anything.

6. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

no cos if we do ill die in the heat :-\

7. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

yep, that was pretty much what I was thinking

8. pidieh

pidieh New Member

Is orientation just the one day, or do we need more than 1 outfit?

Heidi

9. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

do we get a mini tour of the parks during orientation? I'm kind of worried about walking/hobbling in my heels! ;D

~ Jen

10. ErinKimberly

ErinKimberly New Member

i found this on the common questions part of this website. i am sure many of you have read it but for those who haven't it kinda explains the first days.

What sort of training do we get when we arrive?

The training begins with Disney Traditions, a day-long course held at Disney University. Every new Cast Member must take this course, from top execs to street sweepers. It is essentially an introduction to the history and culture of the company. The facilitators (Disney-speak for trainers) do a great job explaining the importance of the Disney culture, particularly how it relates to Guest service. At one point during the day, the class will split up and briefly tour the Magic Kingdom and perhaps one of the resorts. The Epcot Discovery Day is another day-long program which takes place in and around Epcot. It is Traditions on an Epcot scale, and is a great introduction to the park for those who have never visited. It also revisits the Guest service topic for one more, but not the last, time. Location specific training will follow, with each pavilion conducting this in their own way. On-the-job training will commence late in the first week after arrival.

11. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I'll help, I'll help!!!

The only thing you need smart clothes for is Traditions, Discovery day and Merchantainment (if you're merchie) or the food thing that the foodies have....

Traditions is mostly inside the Disney University (not as impressive looking as it sounds!), Merchantainment is all inside and Discovery Day is half and half....but it's quite early in the morning so it's not too hot!! Luckily for all you newbies, the temperature has become more bearable recently...imagine doing like us in the middle of June when it was over 100 degrees F!!!!

Any smart clothes are fine.....wear proper shoes, and girls...if you're going to wear a skirt make sure it isn't too short....knee length or just above is fine. tops need to have sleeves and don't wear garish colours.....just look pleasant!! If it helps, I wore a white shirt and black skirt...most of the guys wore shirts and trousers (not many had ties!)....don't bother bringing a jacket cos you'll only want to take it off!!

Hope this helps!!

Ellen x x x :D

12. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

so do we need to wea shoes like we did for our interviews? cos i have loads of flat black shoes are they ok to wear? and do the tops need to have long sleeves? ???

13. emma

emma New Member

yeah i have mega smart white sleeveles polo neck from gap its really nice...but no sleeves oop! im wearin my interview skirt for all those thing and my slightly heeled shoes!!!! i guess we need see thru tights ??

14. pidieh

pidieh New Member

can we wear nice floral pattern skirts with colloared shirts?? or does the skirt have to be a solid color like black? im just trying to avoid buying new clothes....

Heidi

15. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

@ellen...donno if u can remember the interview. but im gonna wear my brown suit with a shirt and my heels. do u think thats okay or should i find some flats somewhere? if i wear a skirt instead do i have to wear tights? x

16. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

I'll just wear my pants from my suit and a white shirt (w/sleeves) oh and black shoes!

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere they wanted girls to wear tights but I'm no expert! lol

17. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

yeah, I'm pretty sure it said in the dress code book that if you wear a skirt you have to wear tights.

18. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

With a skirt you have to wear tights....

So boys, get your stockings out!! :D

I wouldn't recommend heels...especially for Discovery day as you walk round the whole of Epcot!! for the other days, heels wouldnt be so bad!!

Just make sure you look nice...pleasant......that's all!! like you would going for a job interview or to a meeting....business casual is what they're looking for!!

Hope this helps! :D

Ellen x x x :D

19. CrEsT

CrEsT New Member

Do we HAVE to wear suits ? or formal pants and shirt is ok?

20. claracampi

claracampi New Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    I'm addicted to skirts (I NEVER wear pants) but I cannot stand the heat and I hate tights!!!
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Clara