Tree House Villas

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Ona, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Ona

Ona Member

For anyone thinking about the new alumni summer program, I dug up a bit of info on the Tree House Villas. I wanna stay there!!! ;D This is ;D taken from Jim Hill.

Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

Ona x

2. adjonline

adjonline New Member

I remember reading about them a while ago. Had forgotten where it was. (Although the 'needing extensive maintenance to be inhabitable again does worry me slightly...)

Now if only I could go....:p (Yes I'm bitter. So please excuse the persistent moans...hehe...)

3. Ona

Ona Member

More pics here:

Mouse Planet

Soooooorrry. :-[ Don't want to rub it in. ;D But hey, what are the odds I'll actually get there. ::) ;D

Ona x

4. adjonline

adjonline New Member

You're cruel, Ona :p

And the chances for you? I'm go to say fairly high...you are eligible, you can do it, and you seem to be one of the most Disney-like persons around!!

5. KC

KC New Member

*points*

Someone (i think it was a CM friend of mine) told me that they're currently using the Treehouses for the Brazilian CMs cos they're so loud and wanted to keep 'em seperate from the rest of the CM population so they could get sleep!!!

No idea if that's true-but if it is, it's funny!
    KC

6. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

I could be wrong here but something tells me they used to use the villas for some of the people on other programs such as the management program. They would be cool to stay here, but you really wanna hope there are no more hurricanes!

I can't see Disney hostng Brazillians here because they are "too loud", because they are right on guest areas so it would be dreadful to Disney's image. Infact, the latest info I have is that Disney have just started to do all the necessary repair work to them since the hurricanes.

As for you Ona, I thought you were off on the cruise- have you applied to this anyway?

7. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

If anyone ever golfed the Lake Buena Vista course, you can see them from there. They are right on the course. We walked up to one during a round one day and it was just filled with crap...loads of mattresses, etc. And VERY dirty. Would be interesting to see how habitable they made them. Wonder if they kept the bunk beds in the ground floor room??? There are people living in them now because I saw all the security guards sitting at the gatehouse. I always wanted to stay in them, but not sure I'd wanna live there. Probably loads of bugs...inside and out!

Shannon

8. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

I kinda hope that we don't get plunked there, just cause it's away from everything and it might feel like camping all the time.. Hmm Disney might have to do some major cleaning up for this to happen! They wouldn't just stick us in there with nothing would they, see if your in Vista or commons your close to things.. but this looks like it's in the middle of no where land!!

9. Ona

Ona Member

Simon, yeah I've got a job with DCL but I've been waiting for ages for a departure date. I still really want to do it (the more divisions of the company I have experience of, the better..... for when I take over from Bob..... Iger! ;D ). But if there's an opportunity to go back to WDW, I really don't know if I could pass it up. :-\ I shall see what develops. :D

I had heard rumours that AIs (or PIs or whatever they're called now) were being given an opportuity to live there but I've yet to come across anyone who has, or knows anyone who has, lived there. :-\

I still want to stay there. So long as there is pluming and electricity (and maybe internet access :-\ ;D ), I wanna stay there. Just imagine telling friends and family your address:

Ona D
    Tree House Villas No.##
    Walt Disney World Resort
    Orlando
    FL
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Why thank you! ;) What bigger compliment could a Disney Dork possibly receive. ;D Lol. ;D

Ona x

10. KC

KC New Member

It would be entertaining, I have to admit...

"So, what did you do for the summer?"
    "Oh, I went to America to work for a mouse and live in a treehouse..."
    ":eek: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..."

:D
    KC

11. vistaway

vistaway New Member

Oh my god, the treehouse...the memories.

Myself and Brad Wallace decided to hold our leaving party at one. So I booked it and we spread the word. We picked up a keg of Red Dog (shudder..) and a ton of food and had the most amazing freaking party ever. Someone set the oven on fire trying to cook chicken, we froze the keg, then tapped it really early (Wallgreens was called upon at that time), I think we had 50-70 people in that one villa and on the deck, and lots ended up crashing there, outside, etc.

It was simply one of the best...nights...ever. For me, and I hope a lot of the others who were there.

We did eventually get it cleaned up and left it in pretty good shape after all. I guess all that practice polishing the brass at Le Cellier with Brasso (old timers would understand) helped keep us in shape!

I have a bunch of pics somewhere, and a video, but there are some particularly embarassing ones of some individuals on/in the bed in the 'trunk' of the villa, which had these funky ropes holding it up...it was all in good clean fun, of course.

Damn, this has got me all nostalgic...gotta go dig up photos.

Andy

12. Nio

Nio New Member

;D Yeah, I didn't really really ALL of the messages that were posted, but I thought I'd clarify something about the whole "Brazilian" thing... They stayed at the commons as far as I know, a fellow Canadian had a roomie from Brazil. Thats all... have a magical evening :)

13. Ona

Ona Member

Lol Andy! ;D

I'm in fits imagining the poor wee family on vacation in the tree house next door! ;D Seriously, were there guests in the complex at the time? How funny. ;D

Ona x

14. Nico

Nico New Member

oks..it is very funny but at the same time sad that people that worked this winter (if u did) know nothing about the treehouse villas , with the fact that 300 hundred people lived there for 3 months . Im from Argentina and most of us were housed in the treehouse with no choice whatsoever , along with many brazilians , peruvians and some southafricans. The place is nice to live , the houses are nice we had washing machine in side the houses , tv and the place was decent in that sense. But living there meant a lot of disadvantages as well. Transportation was awful! we only had two buses : one to go to the magic kingdom(because everyone who lived there worked at magic kingdom..so if ur hosued it means ur gonna work in magic kingdom) and another one to go to walmart...and that was it. If someone wanted to go to vista or thought of doin xtra hours in another park , they had to take the walmart bus which eventually went to chatham , hop off there , and take another bus.
    Another thing..threehouse is really small houses only 300hundred people and when is full which i dont think was ever the case..besides brazilians left a month before us..the place was deserted .. it was really boring...just compared to the 3000 thousand people they house in vista uh?..
    There is no Gym..learning center on ly has 4 computers..theres no wi fi in the apts...
    I could tell u more disadvantages but makes no sense ..despite of all these things im telling u i had the best time in the Us , but it had it been for disney i could have died bitten by a snake and they wouldnt have cared about it..im really dissapointed with the way the treated us southamericans thinking we are monkeys and giving us the worst shifts , the worst place to live , far away from everything...anyways ...to sum up believe that treehouse is not the best place to stay during ur program...believe me.
    it s not ur choice though ...have a magical day

15. Ona

Ona Member

Nico, I am so dissapointed to hear about how you felt you were treated by disney. :-[ I think all IPs, ICPs and CPs can identify (to an extent) with what you mean. As temporary seasonal workers, we really are on the bottom rung of the Disney Corporate ladder. Yet, I still want to work for them. ::) ;D

It's so good to get the perspective of someone who has actually been there, done that. I can see that there are distinct disadvantages of living there. Most notably, lack of internet access and transportation. :-\ I'm not sure though that I'd personaly be too bothered about the lack of a party atmosphere. I've been there, done that. ;D I would be looking to buy a car this time, as soon as I got out there. So I guess I could always drive to Vista for a good party. ;D

But like you said, it's all immaterial in any case. We have no say in where we are located. ::) ;D

Ona x

16. awww Nico, I'm sorry you didn't have a good time, but it sounds like you kept positive and made the most of it, so for that I commend you.

17. Nico

Nico New Member

I dont i ever said i didnt have a good time...in fact I had the best three months of my life...but it didnt have to do with working for Disney..that was just a detail...

18. Nio

Nio New Member

So it's the beginning of April. Anyone hear anything yet? LOL, I'm impatient.

19. Ona

Ona Member

Lol. Alas nothing today. ::) I've been checkin my mobile phone for emails all day today at work. ;D

Ona x

20. adjonline

adjonline New Member

And when they do reply, here's hoping the end date get modified slightly...:p