trips outside Florida

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Winnie, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Winnie

Winnie New Member

hi,
    i think many of u had trips outside florida when u were in disney, how did u plan for the trips? which places outside will u guys recommend me to go when i have day off?what other things i should aware of when i paln for the trips?
    can anyone share yr experiences?
    ???

2. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Outside Florida? I only went on one. I went on a Carnival Cruise to the Bahamas. I wanted to do the Disney Cruise, but the ones when I have my days off never seemed to come available. Do a cruise.

Shan

3. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Use the internet....you can plan trips using travelocity.com or expedia.com, or any of the airlines' websites for webdeals.

There's also a travel agency in the park, so if you go there and tell them you are cast member they usually are good at finding you a deal.

4. Winnie

Winnie New Member

Have u ever done so?
    Usually how much does it cost?
    Anyway thanks for sharing~~

5. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Went to the bahamas for a week all inclusive (including alcohol) for around $300 I think. Also went to California fairly cheap (worked out to about $400 with 3 of us sharing a room.

6. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Well I never really went outside of Florida....I went to Miami so many times (my boyfriend lived there), so I flew down whenever I had a back-to-back. I used the travel agency at Epcot, and got reeeeeeally cheap tickets with Southwest Airlines. Nowadays, you can probably just book them online on their own website.

I actually DID go back to Canada for a visit while working at WDW - again, I used the travel agency at Epcot and got a pretty good deal.

7. gry

gry New Member

I got in touch with a travel agency called festival Tours!
    A very nice lady called Elaine there helped us with tickets all the time!
    And it's not to expencive!

Something terrible happend when I was leaving the states to go home after the year.
    I had booked my own ticket online, and i got the confirmation, but another mail was sent and it went to my junk mailbox, so when i was at the airport tinking i had a e-ticket home, i dint have a ticket at all.
    iceland air said I would have to pay 2000dollars for a ticket the same day!!!!!
    I was shocked, and the plane was leaving in less than 2 hour..
    It wouldnt have been a porblem staying a few more days but I had different flights booked in Norway to get to my hometown, and I had been waiting for this day for 2months!
    So I called Elaine, and she fixed me a tickets for 350dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And she drove to the airport to give me my ticket!! And she does not normally do that delivery.
    She is amazing!

She booked tickets to us for Las Vegas as well, and arranged a hotel for us..
    So check out www.festivaltours.com and get the phonenumber there.

8. gry

gry New Member

I went to Las Vegas, New York twice, New Orleanse twice.
    A road trip to Nashville. Another trip to Alabama.

Every place is so different. I seriously want to do the year over again and travel more around the states.
    But my favourite place in the US is Key West, Florida! It's so laid back and just great! Best place to go and get away from it all!!!

And a funny thing is, non of my trips where planed really, except the first trip to new york.
    Las Vegas was booked the same day, Alabama was desided two days before.

The trips I planed never happend! Like doing the Cruise, trip to Mexico, California, Boston... funny...
    I have to go again!

9. emma

emma New Member

i desperatley wanna go to cali...im a loser i know but the Oc is like dream world lol " CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME RITE BAK WERE WE STARTED FROM" .............................. awwwww the magic

10. PixieDust

PixieDust New Member

I really want to go to New Orleans...I ordered brochures, and I'm checking prices....can't wait to do trips out of Orlando....

Does anyone know how often we can ask for back to back days off???

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah Im completelt obsessed with the oc! have to go! did you know you can take the oc experience tour!

xxx

12. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

In Canada Merch, it was once every 30 days...but I know that UK F&B was making it once every 3 months, so who knows what it will be when you get there. Request them as early as you can...that's the only way to get time off. EARLY EARLY EARLY!!!!

Shan

13. emma

emma New Member

omg linz u know were doin that

14. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

too right we are!haha. i cant go to cali and not go on that tour!

it would be like going against my religion or something!

xxx

15. cheerAli@Disney!

cheerAli@Disney! New Member

I will totally go to Cali with you guys and do the OC experience tour as well! I too LOVE that show! Did you guys see the latest episode? OMG :eek:!!!! What is going to happen to Kirsten??? Do you think Marissa will finally tell Ryan about what Tray did? OHHH I can't wait until next week ???!!!
    Aliyyah

16. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I went on the cruise ( paid 490 bucks all inclusive ( besides the drinks ) ) and it was amazing!!!! Definitely do that! It's a great experience! Other than that I went on a road trip for 2 weeks which included Savannah, New Jersey, New York, Boston and Toronto. I also went pretty much all over Florida, Key West kicks ass. I went home once and that was it I think. I wanted to do Cali as a final trip but 9/11 just totally messed that up. You can go on so many great trips and it's so cheap so you should totally take advantage of that!
    Julia

17. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

;D ;Dwow that trip sounds great.......

18. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

The place I most want to go to is Wilmington, North Carolina...apparently you can take a movie tour and visit all the places where films/tv programmes have been filmed....A Walk To Remember, Patch Adams, Dawson's Creek...that's definitely my kinda thing! :D

Ellen x :D

19. tigger1983

tigger1983 New Member

I would love to do the OC tour and i would also love to see where all the movie stars live and be really nosey ;)
    if anyone who is out there has done any trips pls let me know what they are like
    take care sarah xxx

20. emma

emma New Member

oc oc oc oc oc oc oc oc oc oc oc oc what no im not obsesed :-[