Tsunami Disaster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sellwegger, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Hi All,

In order to do 'my bit' for the people suffering as a result of Sunday's tragic Tsunami I am going to be holding a 24 hour silence on Thursday 6th January 2004

The total I hope to raise is £500, which will be going to the Disaster Emergency Committee charity, which are working hard to help all those left in the awful situatuion we see on the news.

I have set up a page for people to donate to, this can be found by following the link below:

http://www.justgiving.com/tsunami-disaster

Please give as genorously as you can, all will be gratefully recieved and will go towards making a huge difference in these peoples lives x

Wish me luck , it's going to be tough! x

Love Selina x x

P.S. can i ask you all to forward this email on to anyone else you feel may wish to donate to the cause, it all helps to aid the work being done to help the victims of sundays traedgy.

2. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Hi all,

I'm doing my sponsored silence tomorrow and just wondered if there was anyone who had a pound or two (or more) to spare for my donations page? :)

Many thanks in advance

Sel x x x

3. stefaniewesch

stefaniewesch New Member

Hey Sellwegger...

how did your silence go? How much money did u end up makeing for the good cause?
    I donated some money to a German organization myself...it was only about $ 70...but I feel like everybody should give as much as they can to help...even if it is not that much
    One of my friends who just recently had her baby donated about $ 13...
    We were lucky enough to not be physically involved in this tradgedy....so we should do everything we can to make a difference for the people who got hurt and live there!!!!!

Much love to everybody,
    Stef ;)

4. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Hiya Stef,

My target was to raise £500 but i totally smashed that and ended up raising £826.28! It was very tough not talking for the day but in comparison to what those in SE asia are suffering it was nothing.

My local newspaper want to run a story now (a girl at work told our PR department about it), so i'll be a mini-celeb ;) Hopefully it might encourage a few others to donate, even though i've done it :)

5. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Wow :eek:! Well done, that's really great- especially if you get a few more donations from people who read about it. ;D
    Charlotte x

6. SinaHamburg

SinaHamburg New Member

wow, tahst awesome!! :eek:
    i also donated and we (the class of 2004) decided to donate all the rest money from parties and stuff...bout 1200€- even the "cool boys" think its a great idea!
    ~sina

7. stefaniewesch

stefaniewesch New Member

Wow...u did a great job!!!
    It makes me happy to see that at least in hard times like these there is some unity in the world!!!!
    Makes me feel much better about everything!!!

Stef :)

8. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

wow, uve done really well! i wish i could have done something but im a bit short on cash and time at the moment - ive got exams coming out of my ears at the moment! But everytime im in a shop, and i buy something i put my change in a bucket for the appeal, usually a couple of pounds at a time, so i think i donated about £25 and im going to a lot of the events to rise money for it.  Its not much, i know, compared to what uve done. I feel really bad now :(

It really upset me about the tsunami, as i have friends in the area, and they have family, luckily everyone i know was ok, but someone from my town has died in it :( .

Sarah

9. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Well it costs 50p to Inoculate against Chloroha and all sorts of other nasties so looking at it that way you've helped a hell of a lot of people :) Also it's about £50 to buils a new family home so you've helped contirbute towards half a house :)

I think even if everyone only gave 50p it'd help all those in need x x

It's nice when people forget all about the sh!t going on in the world and come together x For once the news wasn't dominated by Hate and War, instead it portrayed just how strong Human Nature can be :)

It's just awful though that over 150'000 people had to lose their lives for people to remember what's really important in life :(