UK Applicants Summer 2014

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by s.curtis92, Jun 14, 2013.

1. s.curtis92

s.curtis92 New Member

Hello all!
    My name is Steven, and I am applying for the J-1 Cultural Exchange Program in the summer of 2014. I just started this thread in order to see how many others are interested, and get to know a few others that I could potentially work with, if all goes to plan that is! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

2. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Blimey, this thread started earlier than I was expecting! ;)

but, ME! I'm applying for Summer 2014 and cannot wait!

Jason :)

3. haycee14

haycee14 Member

I will also be applying!

4. s.curtis92

s.curtis92 New Member

Haha yeah, I'm just really keen! Yummyjobs posted that applications open on August 1st, so I went straight to the forums! :p

5. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Well hey there fellow keeno! 8) Tell us about yourself! (I hope that doesn't sound too creepy.....)

I'm Jason, 20, and i'm a trainee primary school teacher at the University of Winchester :D

6. KeyRuin

KeyRuin Member

Hey I'm applying for the Cultural Exchange Program this summer as well.

I'm from Ireland, and I'm going into second year of university. Hopefully we'll all get to meet each other at Disney. :)

7. megannn

megannn Member

I might apply again!

8. s.curtis92

s.curtis92 New Member

Alright then! I'm Steven, also 20 years of age, and I will be studying Aeronautics and Astronautics at the University of Southampton starting September! Granted, I realise that the ICP doesn't directly help with my degree, but the experience will be so worth it! And I suppose bragging rights are always fun :p is there anywhere in particular that you'd like to work at?

9. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Wow! We are basically neighbours! (Well, will be when you start at Southampton!) and what a cool degree too! 8)
    My perfect role would be on Kilimanjaro Safaris, but as you have to have an American drivers licence for that, it's a no go! :-[ So i'd love to work on the Great movie Ride - or a similar attraction where you can get really involved. Or the Haunted Mansion because they have a cool costume! haha!

How about you? Any thoughts on where you'd like to work?

10. s.curtis92

s.curtis92 New Member

Yeah, Kilimanjaro Safaris would've been one of my picks too! But after researching further, I was disappointed :p and I actually would kill for the Haunted Mansion ride, it's probably got to be one of my favourite rides throughout the parks. The costumes, the atmosphere, it's just all brilliant! In my cover letter (yes, incredibly keen) I outlined that I would prefer to work attractions, if possible. The top five rides being the Haunted Mansion, the Tower of Terror, Dinosaur, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Mission Space!

If I don't get to work on attractions, I said that I'd be perfectly fine with retail!

11. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Is this your "motivation for application" as they call it on the Yummy Jobs website? I wasn't really sure what to write there! (Yes, i've done it all already as well! haha!)
    The Haunted Mansion is amazing! Have you been to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? They fill the graveyard with smoke, and they have "real" ghosts on the front lawn, and one that tells stories! It's amazing! Definitely one of my top picks, so i'll fight you for it ;)
    Make sure you still sound flexible though - i've heard people have been turned away because they seem too set on something!

I want the applications to hurry up and open! Although if i'm this impatient now, god knows what it's going to be like waiting to find out if i've got an interview....then the 2nd interview, and then waiting to hear if I'm in or not if I get that far! ::)

12. KeyRuin

KeyRuin Member

I'm probably as impatient as everybody else on this waiting for the applications to open (can't wait). But I saw today on Facebook that the "Disney International Programs" page had posted this about applications.

"Interested in applying for a Disney International Program? Why wait? Click here to apply: http://ow.ly/lirop "

Maybe this is the answer to our waiting problem. ;D

13. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

We (the UK) can only apply through Yummy Jobs, and they announced a few days ago that applications open on August 1st - it can't come soon enough! :D

14. KeyRuin

KeyRuin Member

Darn it! I thought it was a lope hole so we wouldn't have to wait as long. Ugggh this whole process is one big waiting game. :( But it is so totally worth it to get a chance to work with Disney and be a part of the magic. (A bit cheesy, I know)

Anyone knows roughly the dates for everything?

Like when are we told whether or not we have a phone interview, after that the Yummy Jobs interview, the Disney Interview etc.?

15. s.curtis92

s.curtis92 New Member

It is indeed mate! But don't worry, I did say that I was fine with working anywhere, I just stated where my top five roles would be!
    And honestly I haven't! Usually during Halloween, I would go to Howl-O-Scream or Halloween Horror Nights! You cannot beat getting scared to death :p major adrenaline junkie over here!!!
    But I have always wanted to go during MNSSHP, but I've just never had the time, with studies and what have you!

I will be going to Florida in July though! One of my friend's is a cast member there, so we pretty much go all the time. Best holiday ever!

I couldn't agree more though, the whole process lasts over five ish months right, with the visas and such included. I'm gonna be on edge for those, if all goes to plan!

You are correct dear, but the site just leads you to YummyJobs for the UK and Ireland! Applications open on August 1st though!!!

16. s.curtis92

s.curtis92 New Member

Unfortunately not, I've heard it ranges vastly from person to person!
    What I do recommend, however, are the ICP vlogs that have been posted on YouTube. They usually have rough dates of when they've heard back (in the past obviously) and even give you tips for your CV and all that!

17. KeyRuin

KeyRuin Member

Thanks guys for the replies :)

I've been following all those blogs, vlogs and things for more than a year now, so I have an sort of an idea of things, just wondering did anyone have something a bit more specific. But thanks again :)

But you know the two interviews one with Yummy and the other with Disney? Are they held on the same day, or close together?

18. s.curtis92

s.curtis92 New Member

Gotcha! Yeah the YummyJobs interview is a phone interview, kind of like a preliminary interview that most companies hold! The one after (can be weeks, can be a month or two) is held by Disney, where they have the Face to Face interview, with an actual Disney employee. That last interview is usually two potential ICPs being interviewed! And that's the lot :D

19. JennieLouise

JennieLouise New Member

Hey everyone :)!

I am really excited to apply, the 1st of august needs to hurry up!

Just wandering if anyone else heard that they are now doing group interviews instead of the phone interviews. I heard from a girl doing the ICP this summer that they changed it and now the whole process it a lot quicker. Hopefully we will all be able to find out sooner if we get to work at Disney

20. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Yep - it's no longer a phone interview! It's a group face to face interview with Yummy Jobs, and then a paired face to face interview at Disney HQ. The group thing petrifies me as I absolutely hate group interviews - I either end up seeming too quiet if I wait for a gap in conversation (which either never comes, or takes ages to come!) or seem really rude by trying to but in! :-\

I'm sure the applications are opening earlier than normal this year, so maybe they will hold interviews etc earlier? Here's hoping!