UK cast members - remember custodial???!!!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by *Laura*, May 16, 2005.

1. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

haha

im sure many of u alumni will remember the good old custodial that we endured whilst we were there, man there were some random ones, and i swear a few were even possesed..... i once looked up from wat i was doing in crown and crest and saw this girl from custodial just standing in doorway staring at me!!! freaky!!

and who can forget that wee skinny one who loved jenni and who u just had to try to avoid to stop from being hugged!! lol

anyone have any stories of the custodial team that worked in the UK? im sure there are loads of other things but i just cant remember them rite now!!!

2. Jamie

Jamie New Member

it was always an experience going into the merch breakroom when it was full of custodial...especially when they would talk to you about random stuff!!

3. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

yer and wen they would take off either shoes and put their smelly feet on the tables and stuff, and the kitchen staff of rose and crown used to do that too in their, specially the pot washers......

lol

good times

4. Jamie

Jamie New Member

yeah i remember....though potwash people are particularly 'special', not only is their english poor, their manners are hardly acceptable....i also remember that one of our potwash people was an extremely hairy woman....not a nice sight to see after a monday night!! hehe

5. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

LMAO..........very politely put jamie!!! lol

really though, when all is said and done, i guess i could endure another break in that awful breakroom with custodial if it meant that i got to hang out with all you guys again and got to ride home on shoddy dynamic and then head out to P.I or to outback for a great meal or head over to MK to see wishes one more time!!

some days i would arrive in the pavillion at like 7.15 in the morning for my 8am shifts and there would be the most random custodial hanging around and the smell that lingered round the drains was gross!!!! yuk

6. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

GARY WALZ was the best Custodial person in the world (well, world showcase anyway!) ;D

7. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Yeah he was great for phonecards!! I remember me and Eleanor went all the way to Germany one day on our day off just to hunt him down to get a phonecard!!!

What about our friend Bill?? How many times did he get us mixed up?? Just had to look at your leaving entry for his name so off to read them for the 100th time!!!

8. Ona

Ona Member

Wow so Bill's been there for a while then? The older guy. Really sweet. Always smokin cigars? Funnily enough he always got me and Charlie mixed up too. Hee hee hee. :)

Ona x

9. Dolly

Dolly New Member

Awwww!! Bill was great! He seemed to know something about everything!

But nobody can forget Mark (High Five) the custodial, who claimed Jenni was his sister, how many times did we have to avoid hugs from that strange little man, bless!!!

Thinking about it though, it wasnt just stranhe custodial, who remembers Scott the security guard? Hed just appear and linger for hours and would he stop talking, I think not!!!

10. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

I think I remember Scott... Tall, kinda nice guy, that would offer to buy you alcohol if you were underage... Slightly suspicious... Am I right here?
    And then there was... Jim I think his name was (don't quote me on it though, I'm not sure...), he would always show you his fabulous inventions. He was REALLY creepy and would never go away. I had a couple of friends who went scuba diving with him, still don't understand why they went.
    And in the Norway pavillion, the Maintenance people for Maelstrom really creeped me out. They had pictures of some of the Norwegian girls in their breakroom, usually the younger ones.

11. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

you can talk about odd custodial all day - infact Custodial people used to make my day most of the time :)  Bill was ace (even if he did call me Laura alot of the time!)

but if you wanna talk about REALLY weird what about... pin trader Darren!!!!! - argh! - run away!!!!

12. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Hahaha- Claire that's hilarious- Pin Trader Darrin!!! :) He got moved eventually to downtown Disney- SHAME... :)

I remember Bill our Bob Holness look alike- and who can forget Bob? He was great!

Urrm, who else was there- Peggy, oh and back when it was a MAC team there was Eddie and Dwan the managers.Now they were great!!

13. Dan

Dan New Member

I might be wrong, but is Bill the same guy with the white hair, that would come into the shops and talk to us?

I also remember the little custodial, who wore the glasses and always tried to do high-5's. He was a funny bloke... (Special?)

Laura - I kind of agree with you about enduring Dynamic and smelly breakrooms if it means doing the experience again. There's a lot I miss too. The fact I could go to parks when I like, meeting all the random International people, ete etc

Dan

14. charlie

charlie Guest

hey everyone... (good topic laura..)

But i think i have the best custodial tale yet!!! i was floor stocker in th UK one night and went into the UK breakroom to use the toliet.. welll here goes.. cant believe i am writing about this...

i was using the loo minding my own business, when i heard crys from the stall next to be... so being stupid i asked was everything ok.... well... it was a new custodial women who lets say had a very bad accident in her pants and all over her trousers too... i am sure u understand what i mean.... and good the smell was awful now that i think about it to... SO i had to go and contact my manager to try and get this women new clothes... it was so piss funny.. well to me and the rest of the UK pavillion who wouldn't help me out!!!!!! and to cut a long story short, we managed to get her a makeshift uniform as costuming was closed... and we never saw her ever again!!!!!!!! LOL...

Charlie...

15. Ona

Ona Member

Sooooo can't believ you told that story Charlie. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeew! ;D

There was also the similar incident in Queens stockroom (although, granted not involving custodial this time, rather, a guest), but I won't go there. ;)

Ona x.

16. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

my god i cant believe you told that story charlie....lol

im sittin here at work pissin myself!!!!

i miss funyn stories about random things, there are very few people around here who can really understand me and my randomness and wen i go to tell a story about something that happened in america and people just look at me like im thick!!!!! so i love you guys, thanks for sharing your many wonderful custodial shifts with me and the rest of us!!

yep im definately very entertained!!!

il never forget that night tho wen that woman had the accident in the toilets!!!!!! charlie i think i remember you telling me what had happened and i was one of the people who didnt want to come and help out!!!

more stories people

xxxxx

17. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Oh Ona. That night was hilarious!!! I can't remember who found the person in the stockroom- but I think it was Vix McDiarmid. What a night!

Fair play to Robert Mastriani for actually cleaning it out with custodial though! I'll never forget his face when he found the scarf.....!!!

I think I was floorstocking that night and when I went into Queens to do the paperwork I literally had to hold my nose and breathe through my mouth to avoid heaving!

How the memories keep flooding back...! :)

18. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

i wasnt there for that incident but i was told about it on the day that i shadowed vicki mc div on floorstocking about 2 months after i arrived in the states.......

i was cracking up about the whole thing!!! we really were put thru some s*** over there (quite literally)!!!

loobie
    xxxxxx

19. JRD

JRD New Member

I remember going into the breakroom and witnessing that little tiny vietnamese woman dismantaling a crab that she had cooked in the microwave! She was making allsorts of horrible sucking and slurping noises as she sucked the meat out of the shell! I almost sprayed the breakroom with vomit as the crab was obviously not at its freshest! :mad:

20. irishliv

irishliv New Member

Shrooden,
    how the hell ru? i remember the tarten scarf night, it was McCracken who cleaned it up. I think I ran the other way. I miss it soooooooooooooooo much. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx