UK wait list

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by karenm84, Nov 9, 2008.

1. karenm84

karenm84 New Member

Hey thought I'd start a new thread for us on the waiting list to see how everyone gets on. It's horrible isn't it? More waiting time and even then we might not be going x

2. mushu

mushu New Member

Support group needed! Great idea - we need to stick together and keep the good old faith, trust and pixie dust alive!

Any guesses about why we were waitlisted? When were you available to go?

3. karenm84

karenm84 New Member

I was available whenever so it wasn't that for me, what about you? I had merch down as my first choice and I know there are less merch positions so that could have something to do with it but maybe I was just a little bit rubbish haha! Obv not too rubbish cos waitlist is better than nothing

4. mushu

mushu New Member

I said Merch too, so I thought it was that but Kirstie said she put f&b as her first choice so I really don't know.
    Someone said it's a good sign, just that Disney haven't got a position for us yet.
    What do you reckon?

There's no way we were rubbish either - the TGI crew were great!

5. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

there's about 17 others who can vouch for that too :)
    TGI crew represent!

6. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Woooo TGI Group!

Aha!

You'll make it there

they may even ring you next week, if you read back on ollllllld posts, people who are put on the waitlist sometimes get to go out quicker then those with fized positions already, so dont worry!! +]

Maybe they just didnt have time to find positions for everyone last week!

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP! =] x

7. Kirbie

Kirbie New Member

Hey girlies,

So it seems so far it's just me, Vicki and Karen that are on the waiting list, talk about not wanting girls eh!! No just kidding. ;D

As Vicki said i put down F&B as my first choice so i don't think it's that. And i also said i was available asap so maybe it was that i just wasn't as good as every one else, but i suppose we will never know!

At least with there just being 3 of us (well, that we know of) on the wait list then only 3 positions need to become available, which is not that many!

8. mushu

mushu New Member

Yeah I wonder if there really is just 3 of us....

Cos some people got a straightforward no, didn't they? We have to be thankful we didn't get that!

9. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Make it 4...

I'm on the waitlist too...

I had merch as my first choice and I was available to go asap, so who knows why. :(

Did anyone else have their interview late afternoon? I got the feeling that Roger was really bored in mine, maybe thats it?

xxx.

10. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

ps. did some people really get just a straight forward no?

11. Marisa_Lucia

Marisa_Lucia New Member

Hey guys,

I'm new to all this but i'm on the waitlist too! I was devasted when i got the e-mail because i felt so positive about the interview but i'm feeling better now that there are others in the same boat! And i know it sounds bad but when i heard that some people got a straight no i realised i was quite lucky really.

I had my interview late afternoon too and i have to admit Roger didn't seem as upbeat as he did earlier in the day! I put merch down for my first choice and i told them i could start asap but i did wonder whether that went against me, maybe it seemed as if i didn't have a job?! lol

If we don't get a place does anyone know how soon we can re-apply? I e-mailed Michele at yummy today but she was out of the office, doing more interviews i think.

12. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

We can re-apply in January IF we send an email saying we don't want to be on the wait list.
    Otherwise, I think it would be the spinrg/summer we could apply again.

Its a serious dilema...stay on the wait list and theres a slight chance of getting a job next year, or re apply for the position, where theres no certainty we would get past the phone stages!!! Its so difficult!

I am going to stay on the waiting list though.

Better safe than sorry I guess and it sounds like people get termed quite a lot :S

xxx.

13. wilfy

wilfy New Member

hey im on the waitlist too
    i put f&b but couldnt start till June, so tht probs went against me
    this waiting is going to drag lol :(

14. mushu

mushu New Member

Yes, some people did actually get a different e-mail to us saying 'you have not been selected to participate'. I'd be distraught if I got that! My interview was quite late in the afternoon as well and I was in with a girl who had already done the ICP. Roger said he was going to focus on her which is odd...

15. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Oh dear...thats really horrible.

I am so sorry for anyone who got that, they must have had a reason - but don't give up!
    I know I'm not.

We will get there guys, whether its 2009,2010 or even 2020! We will get there!!!

:)

xxx.

16. Marisa_Lucia

Marisa_Lucia New Member

In my interview i told Roger i could start straight away and the girl i was in with said she could start in May 2009. At the end of the interview he said he would see us both soon and then he said to me "especially you because you can start straight away" so that really got my hopes up. Maybe i shouldn't have taken what he said so literally but i was so gutted when i didn't get it. I thoguht it was abit mean of him to be so positive.

17. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

I said I can start straight away and he said he would put me down for March because there probably wouldn't be any positions before then anyway.

I get the feeling he was just saying what came into his head and not really thinking about what he was saying maybe?

Or maybe he really didn't know when the positions would become available...

Hmmmm...

xxx.

18. mushu

mushu New Member

Confusing....
    Worrying....
    Frustrating!!!

I want to go and work at Disney please. Thank you. ;D

19. mpark90

mpark90 Member

or you couuld go to harrads and get a loyalty card

you jsut get the same warm feeling inside =] xahahaha

20. mushu

mushu New Member

I should have got one when you did, shouldn't I?
    Oh well. I have the memories to sustain me through these dark days of waiting!