**UNDER 21S AT PI, NEW RULES!***

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by gemmalou, Dec 7, 2006.

1. gemmalou

gemmalou New Member

Hey guys

Sorry, just to let you know that as of January 1st 2007 no one under the age of 21 will be allowed into Pleasure Island. Weve got an email through from Disney International Programs today telling us all!! I cant believe it, it completely sucks!Monday nights won't be the same anymore!!! :'(

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Just thought id let everyone know!

Hugs
    Gem
    x0x0x

PS Sorry the post is in more than one thread, just didnt want anyone to miss it!

2. Jamie

Jamie New Member

is that a blanket rule, or is it just for castmembers?

3. gemmalou

gemmalou New Member

thats the new rule at PI, guests included

xx

4. Jamie

Jamie New Member

To be honest i think its a good thing...when i was there it was always too tempting to buy jelly shots or other shots for lads who were under 21...when ya had a few its easy to think you can get away with things...not such a good vibe to be terminated on a night out!!

I dont think it will change monday nights though...they'll remain as legendary as always!...just more commons parties!

5. Sophie

Sophie New Member

PI was sooooooo much fun !!!! even though I wasnt a big fan of the music it was still so much to reunite with all the norwegian, the canadian boys and the UK lads and lasses !!!!

Hopefully the security at the commons will allow more parties on monday nights !!! But im sure monday nights will still remain the craziest nights !!!!!

Sophie :-*

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Erm actually here's the actual statement...not all the clubs are closed to under 21's...

Pleasure Island announces policy change
    Here's a message the company released today ...

Beginning the evening of Jan. 1, 2007, there will be adjustments to the policy on entry to Pleasure Island dance clubs. The BET Soundstageâ„¢ Club, 8TRAX, Mannequins Dance Palace, Motion and Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club will be available to individuals age 21 and over, with acceptable forms of identification. The Adventurers Club and The Comedy Warehouse will remain available to all Guests, with Guests under the age of 18 still required to be accompanied by a person 21 years of age or older.

Individuals under the age of 21 have many other options including the Adventurers Club and The Comedy Warehouse at Pleasure Island, in addition to a range of choices for the entire family, including DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park, AMC® Pleasure Island 24 Theatres and various shopping and dining opportunities at the Downtown Disney® Area.

In an effort to provide the best experiences possible to our Guests, we are always evaluating our policies to ensure we're operating effectively.

7. gemmalou

gemmalou New Member

I was aware of this, as the email where you copied that text from is where i got my information from. However, nights out, especially monday nights, very rarely include trips to adventurers club or comedy warehouse! But sorry, i should have mentioned that its not all of PI, just most of it!

Its the whole getting together at PI vibe thats going to be changed because of this new rule. Beach Club, Motion, 8trax and Mannequins is where everyone goes! I dont see us going from monday night gatherings to comedy club, i dont think its quite the same atmosphere! lol.

I can totally understand why theyve changed the rule- and i actually think its for the best, no more terminations due to drink (or at least therell be less of them!) But it just sucks when Ive been here 5 months and am so used to how nights out work- its hard to get everyone together at the best of times, and now without PI to go to its going to get even harder! Monday nights especially are going to get crazier at the Commons!!

MONDAY NIGHTS FOREVER THOUGH!!!!!!!!!

xxx

8. DisneyGibbs

LOL thats ok, I didn't know if you had read it or not...on the other hand I'd only ever plan on going to the Adventurer's Club or the Comedy Warehouse (weird I know, it's a Jungle Cruise thing) not that it makes a difference because I'm now 21...anyway I work at Magic Kingdom...by the time I get home PI is closed.

9. Trev

Trev New Member

The same Jungle Cruise Skipper that we met at Halloween Horror and on Jungle Cruise sung it's It's a Small World?

10. DisneyGibbs

JUNGLE CRUISE!

Erm quite possibly :p

11. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Wow - that SUCKS although I understand why Disney has changed its policy.

I left the Commons in October, and security was consistantly getting worse regarding breaking up parties. On Canada Day we had a "apartment/province" crawl and they followed us to, well, pretty much every apartment and we had to leave and move along to the next apartment in small groups. It was ridiculous, considering they were breaking up parties before most people would even be home from work for the night! Ugggh.... security is definitely one thing I *don't* miss.....

~ Jen Mac

12. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

That really sucks!! I know Monday night really wont be the same there now!! Monday night commons parties are really not the same as heading to PI! There was a stage when i was out there that there was extra tragic hours on a monday night meaning that after lads/lasses there was really no time to head to PI so everyone just stayed at commons and it just wasnt the same!!

And what about the last song in Beach Club when people leave - that is a tradition that so shouldnt be lost - that night standing in the middle of the circle surrounded by the rest of my pavillion means so much to me - cant believe future CMs are gonna miss out on that!

Totally sucks - really feel for you guys out there and those heading out there in the future - youre gonna be missing out!

13. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

I can see why Disney have done it. It's a lot easier to police serving only 21's if you can't get in under that age. It does however change the whole area a bit. I think that Disney will find this very strange. Also are they going to change the pricing? Surely under 21 tickets should be alot cheaper if the most you can get in is the two comedy clubs!

14. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

You'd think so wouldn't you? Changing the age does make sense because it involves less effort for bar staff and other club staff i suppose but does ruin it a bit for the under 21s. Personally i don't think it would've made a difference if you were underage, friends are always gonna sneak you drinks no matter what the potential consequences are :)

15. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

This might be off topic, but oh well - I LOVE KAHLUA. I just had to throw that out there. It's like, a godsend.

So to get on topic... well, nevermind. I had nothing to say other than hat! ;D

16. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Always good to meet another Kahlua fan, i've got my own website dedicated to it,lol, its not huge here in the UK but i love it :)

Back on topic, i would've thought due to the strictness of Disney policy re alcohol they would've made it 21 a lot earlier. The legal drinking age here in the UK is 18, so anyone thats in a club is deemed old enough to drink as you have to be 18 to get in, i think allowing under 21s to get in was a bad idea in the first place to be honest, but i can see where they're coming from.

17. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Kahlua rocks. Like an infinitely superior version of Baileys :D

18. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

get the especial version, its like 60% volume, kahlua vodka basically,lol

19. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Wow that's a bummer!!!! I was 19 when I was at Disney and although I probably had more fun than many other people out there ( house parties at the Commons ROCK!!! ) it sucked that I couldn't get into certain bars/clubs with some of my overage friends. Now that P.I. will mostly be +21 as well really means quite a change for the underage crowd. Parties at the Commons are so much fun, but sometimes you just want to go out dancing to a club with your friends. If you don't have a car P.I. was really the only chance to do that.I spent so many Mondays and Thursdays there, I can't imagine only being "stuck" at the Commons. And how nice that they ive you the option to go to the movies, DisneyQuest or the Comedy Club lol. Awww it's so sad :-\

Julia

20. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Yeah could change things a lot, and i've heard a lot about the parties at the Commons being stopped and broken up a lot more now, i guess Disney are just cracking down a bit more maybe?