Universal?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by box_zak1, Dec 30, 2011.

1. box_zak1

box_zak1 New Member

I know this is a disney forum, but i know a lot of people that applied through Yummy jobs are on here... has anyone applied for Universal?

2. Briggs682

Briggs682 Member

Not that I know of, but it's a fairly new program so I think a lot of people will apply over the next few months :)

Loads of people are bummed out about the program only being offered to students (me being one of them!) but hopefully if they sort out the Visa issues they'll open up to everyone :)

Are you going to apply? x

3. box_zak1

box_zak1 New Member

I applied on the 30th November, they are reviewing applications through December and early Jan. Hopefully I should hear back soon!

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I've applied - didn't get the Disney summer this time and so decided to apply and see!

Summer programmes we go over on a J1 visa though which is only for students - the CRP Disney run is a Q1 visa and is specific for that program so I doubt Universal will open it up for non-students. Sorry!

Stressing about Universal I think. Not 100% if I want it right now though :-\
    xx

5. box_zak1

box_zak1 New Member

That's alright then because I'm obsessed with Harry Potter and I love Universal. I even wrote my first uni essay on the harry potter broom - nimbus 2000... LOL

6. alicemcg

alicemcg New Member

YES!! i applied as soon as they released the programme! I was so happy as I was going to try and apply through the other UK representative but they seemed so complicated, glad yummyjobs have taken control.

I'm a film student so universal is perfect for me and it'd be a dream to get full access to harry potter world lol

I got an email there saying they would let me know of the presentations that you have to attend at the start of 2012, so hopefully that should be soon and that they will basically have the successful applicants picked by the end of february, so anyone that hasn't applied yet should probably get on it!!

i'm glad you started this thread, i couldn't find anything on it saying as this is the 1st year yummyjobs is doing it, so we're basically stumbling into the dark.
    hopefully we can help eachother out if we move through the stages, Good luck everyone :D

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Well I definitely want to do it :) I'm really hoping I get a phone interview!
    I'm so excited - my friend and I are going to see the Potter sets in May!!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!
    Thing I'm not sure about is if I can afford it :-\ it's so expensive, and based on when we find out if we get in flights are gonna be costly :(
    xx

8. alicemcg

alicemcg New Member

i just got an email today saying IVE GOT A PHONE INTERVIEW!!!!! :D i'm sooooo happy and excited!!!
    i don't know if i can afford it yet, but hopefully ill just use all my student loan on it and just live of bread and butter everyday lol

good luck everyone, hope yous all get interviews :D

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I GOT A PHONE INTERVIEW TOOO!!!! Soooo excited!!! :D
    Xx

10. box_zak1

box_zak1 New Member

I GOT A PHONE INTERVIEW TOO!

11. box_zak1

box_zak1 New Member

I GOT ONE TOO!!!!

12. alicemcg

alicemcg New Member

YAY for all :D when did yous all book yours? mines is the 17th jan 2.45pm with becky.

anybody know what kind of questions they're going to ask, i'm really nervous. I prepared myself for the Disney Programme when i applied, but didn't get even an interview .. just wondering if they'll ask along the same usual questions? any help would be greatly appreciated.

kinda nerve wracking that were the first to try out for this programme and have no one to ask for reassurance lol

happy got through this stage though :D

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Mines Monday at 2pm with Michelle. I have an exam Tues and then I go on holiday to Florida on Thurs... Not an ideal time but I don't care!!!! :D
    I'm assuming the same sorts of questions as Disney tbh, gonna prepare for them. But I'll post what I'm asked if I can remember what they were afterwards!
    Xx

14. box_zak1

box_zak1 New Member

Yeah if you could post them after you've had your interview that would be great because i have mine at 2:30 on monday, so at least i know what they are going to ask :)

15. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Will if I can - don't know if I can that quick tho!
    Xx

16. Ophelia

Ophelia New Member

Mine is Monday at 12.15pm. How did you know who is interviewing you? Did you get an email? It didn't say anything when I booked mine :/

17. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

congratulations everybody!!! does anyone know if they're doing the same thing as the Disney interviews, where if you go to a certain university you can have a face-to-face group interview instead of a phone interview?

18. box_zak1

box_zak1 New Member

I would imagine that they would ask similar questions, but related to Universal and mainly around why you want to work in the wizarding world of harry potter.

19. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

That's what I reckon about the qs tbh...
    Dunno bout specific unis. Rather have a phone int tho tbh!
    Ophelia - it said on the yummy website when I booked it?
    Xx