Visa and Medical

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by daria, Nov 20, 2012.

1. daria

daria Member

So I have just booked my visa and medical appointments for mid December. Anyone thats done them, what happens and how long do they normally take? Its beginning to feel very real now.

2. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

visa! even tho u have an appointment expect a good 3/4hour wait to be seen inside! don't take your mobile you will not be allowed it in and there are no lockers, so leave everything you don't need at your hotel.
    Medical takes about 30mins full strip/feel a bout, ask few questions then send you on a wee 5min walk down the street to get blood samples taken for aids test

3. chrisdraper

chrisdraper New Member

been asked to sort out my visa/medical now!! Freaked out about this medical strip down and feel about!??? Hahah! xx

4. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Hi

I did my visa and medical last week, they are both nothing to worry about. make sure you dont take anything electrical to the embassy they dont like it. If you can take a book or a magazine because I was there for ages. Oh and pay attention to the number they give you, I didnt pay attention and missed my number when they called it, bit of a dumb move on my part.

The medical is quite indepth but nothing too concerning. if you have a record of the injections you have had take that because the form you need to complete asks for those, the dr does several tests with you some of which are in underwear but they arent intrusive or anything. the vision test is what would would get from an eye test I was allowed to keep my glasses on so it wasnt a problem

hope that helps

5. chrisdraper

chrisdraper New Member

Hi,
    Was just wondering which way round is best to book the visa and medical? Want to try an get them both on the same day if possible xx

6. daria

daria Member

i would have the visa first and then get the medical in the afternoon. my visa was less than an hour, but i know some peoples last hours, and my medical was at 4, lasts just over an hour. i done mines over 2 days though, but i would do it that order if u want it done in 1 day. also a little heads up, the receptionist i had at the medical place was just "lovely". extremely rude and unhelpful. was not amused.

7. Alicefh1

Alicefh1 New Member

Have my visa interview on 7th Jan eeek! All becoming real now! Anyone who has had theirs - I am travelling from Birmingham and could do with taking my mobile with me! Will I really not be allowed to take it??!!

And how scary is the medical?! Anyone got start dates yet? x

8. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Hey Alice,

Which interview were you at? Im from Birmingham too. You can take your phone i pod etc with you but not in to the embassy, there is a pharmacy about 5 minutes away that have lockers you can store your stuff in, there are also storage stations at the nearby train stations, but these are a lot more expensive so seek out the pharmacy if you can. If you arrive at the embassy early the security staff outside will direct you.

The Medical isnt that bad, there is a general strip down and your proded and poked in some pretty intimate places but its not at all scary, you need to give a urine sample as well, so try and hold off going to the toilet shortly before the medical appointment as I didnt and had to wait a while - anyway awkward- the hearing test and visual test are pretty straight forward and the chat with the Dr is just a general discussion about your medical history they take some blood and your all done.

No start date yet, getting pretty jumpy because I know it will be any day now so literally every e-mail that comes through I get so excited,

x

9. Alicefh1

Alicefh1 New Member

Eeee What do they prod and why?! Am v nervous about this medical and visa interview, never done one before!