visa stuff

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Chris, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

Hey,

I'm thinking of applying for camp america this summer but i don't know if its gonna interfere with the disney thing! If i'm accepted for both, it'll mean i'll be out of the country before going to disney so organising it might be a hassle, plus will i be allowed a visa? I thought you could only get the visa for one year and if i do both, i'd be working in america for over a year! I've e-mailed yummy about it but there closed for christmas and i really want to know!!!!

Cheers guys!
    Chris

2. nick.orlando.com

nick.orlando.com New Member

Hey Chris your going to have a bit of trouble with that because a visa lasts 15 months it has a three month extension on it after the twelve months and after your visa runs out you have to leave the country for three months before you can apply for a new visa.

I may be wrong but i think that is the jist of the rules, hope you can find out

Good luck mate.

Nick

3. Marie

Marie Guest

Chris the visa you'd get for camp america would prob be a J1 whereas the disney cultural rep visa is the Q1 (though college program is j1.)
    I hada j1 visa last yr when i studyed abroad mine was issued for 10 months. They tend to only allow u a month from the date u finish - so camp america would prob only issue it for 3-4 months - depending how long u were working for them for. However like Nick said u do have to return to the UK before u can get another visa. My J1 visa didnt have the 3 month thing on it - but some have up to 2 yrs home residency! Even if like mine it has no limit you still have to allow a month to get the new visa - just incase it got delayed. Check with the US embassy in London u should call them as they'd know for sure. (though it costs 1.50 a min!)
    Good Luck
    Marie