Waitlisting...

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by snow.white87, Mar 27, 2006.

1. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Hey all you guys waiting for responses!

I just wanted to say that if you're waitlisted don't feel too awful about it! When Eric told me that I was waitlisted and it could be anywhere from 2weeks to 4months till I hear from then again, I was heartbroken but ended up only waiting 3weeks.
    You might have to wait a while but essentially you still made it and perhaps you were wanting to leave too far in the future whatever the reason is.

Anyway, I just wanted to say this as you guys are waiting for responses, don't give up hope!

2. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I guess I'm waitlisted (but they don't use that term anymore to avoid the negative feelings you get from it if it wasn't for this site I wouldn't know I was waitlisted).

Pretty much he told me I was hired but they just didn't have my start date yet and would get back to more... oh well hopefully it's sooner rather than later...

3. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Yah, I don't even think Eric used the term "waitlisted" on me those many many moons ago. He just said I was successfull but didn't yet have a date.
    Hope you're not waiting long, I do wanna hang out with you while I'm still around! haha.

4. Jorden

Jorden New Member

lol I better not be waiting over a year to get down there! I'm sure I'll see ya for at least part of my stay.

I'm a little bummed pretty much everyone I met at the interviews is leaving in Aug or Sept, and as far as I kno wI'll be like November/December... less hanging out time lol.

5. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

i know!! im waitinglisted :-\ :-\ :-\

they told me the same i had a year long wait, but other of my friends was waitinglisted and now is there!!! so dont give up!!!! the wait its hard but im it will worth it!!!

XOXO

:-* :-* :-* Ely :-* :-* :-*

6. Jorden

Jorden New Member

So how long have you been waitlisted then... I really hope I'm not waiting a year to go down :-\

7. PeXoXaLoVePooH

well i had interview in october and results on november so i can say it has been a while :-\ 4 months :-\ but well i had the hope i will my offer soon ;D i have been listened all kind of histories people who only wait for a few weeks and people who have to wait all year and other who never get the offer so they apply again... so its hard, but hey atleast we are waitlisted! ;) its better than a NO right ;) so lets wait its just the beinign of the waiting game! good luck!!!

XOXO

:-* :-* :-* Ely :-* :-* :-*

8. Kristine

Kristine New Member

Jordan you may not actually be waitlisted if he said your were hired. Thats what he told me and with out me asking he just said don't worry your not wait listed we are just waiting for more start dates.

9. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Ah sounds good, I'm hoping I got soon really, dosn't matter too much to me when I go, but its hard to get excited about going when I don't even know when I'm going...

I did e-mail cast-a-way after the close of business asking for a little more information on my situation so hopefully they shed some light on it tomrrow.

10. PeXoXaLoVePooH

oh! that better than waiting list, i hope u had the same case Jorden

Good luck to both of you!

XOXO

[color=violet2]:-* :-* :-* Ely :-* :-* :-*[/color]

11. Kristine

Kristine New Member

Let us know what they say in response to your email. Im curious...

12. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I'll make sure to let everyone know what they say (but I'm expecting basically I don't know as answeres to both questions).

13. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Hate to burst bubbles, but "waitlisted" doesn't always mean you get to go. I was waitlisted my first time and didn't get in. BUT...if they tell you they are waiting for a start date, that doesn't mean you're waitlisted. When I applied, then sent out two results letters...one was the waitlist letter and the other was one that said something like "you'll have a start date between X month and X month", which meant you had the job, but they didn't know when you'd start. Then they called people as they had start dates. I waited a couple months for mine and got a call out of the blue at like 9:30 on a Friday or Saturday night, which was completely odd.

Good Luck!
    Shan

14. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah well then under your defination I'm not wait listed as I was told I was hired and Eric never used the term waitlist with me at all.

15. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Ok it's officially the waitlist me thinks...

16. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Boo to more waiting. I am no also hired, but not hired ... happy and frustrated.

17. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I'm finding it espeically hard becuase I was changing my life for Disney. I'll have my degree in about a month and rather than use it, I was going to take the first year for Disney, so now I'm faced with starting my career and passing on Disney, or sitting through it and potentially wasting my degree for a year...

18. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Well, Jorden it does definatly sound like you're in so I wouldn't worry about it.
    I've never heard that you can be waitlisted then end up without the job in the end.
    Eric told me that I was successful but they just don't have a date for me yet, hopefully that's the same case for everyone else waiting.
    Good luck!

19. monkian

monkian New Member

i wouldnt worry to much jorden as snow white says it tottaly sounds like you are in...it's just more waiting...

you'll just have to wait for someone to forego there chance...like the 2 april 28 people, or they might have an accident...mwwaahahahaha...eh just kidding! thats worst case...or they just haven't been told by disney bosses due to some backlog or something..remain positive!!!

20. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I know, I double checked with Nicola that fact and I got this which still dosn't tell me I'm confirmed...