waterparks/sports and recreation trainee program

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by topsassyuk, Jan 27, 2005.

1. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Hey was just wondering if anybody could tell me what the above program is like. I have done a degree in leisure management so that would probably suit me better than the cultural representative program but nobody seems to talk about it!!!!

Jess x :-\

2. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

Hey,

Is it a disney programme and are you American?

As far as i know the only jobs available at Disney for international people are the international programme and the college programme (i think thats for international people?). It is very hard to get a job in the US if you are foreign.

Hope that kinda helps!

Bry

3. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

No not American, British! The sports and recreation trainee program is one of the programs outlined on this website so I just assumed it was for anybody but I guess you could be right and that it only applies to Americans! Anyway have sent an email asking for more information on it so will keep you informed!

Cheers for your help

Jess x

4. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

No, I think it is for other nationalities as well- I think there's certainly some UK people going out there this summer for 3 months to be lifeguards at the water parks. It was interviewed in Nov but I'm afraid I don't know anymore about it. Hopefully some of those people will be on here soon and can tell you more about it! :D
    Charlotte x

5. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

The people going out as lifeguards are going out as part of the college programme, not the watersports one!!

Not sure if theyre still doing that one? Think they may have stoppped doing a few of the programmes after 9?11 but I guess youve done the best thin by emailing and asking!!!

6. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Well I heard back from them, that program has been cancelled now so looks like I am applying for the cultural representative program which is fine by me but my parents are a little disappointed as they feel the sports and recreation one would have benefited me more!
    Cheers for all the help, Jess x

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

oh that's such a shame...but at least you cn still apply for cultural rep!

good luck with everything

xx

8. helen

helen New Member

Hey Jess,

Just think about the experience you would get from the cultural rep program, I know its not what you would prefer but i bet it comes a close second ;D ;D

Helen x