***Welcome New Canadians***

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by DisneyTracy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey Guys!!
    Trace Here, Im of the many canadians you guys will meet if your comming soon, I just wanted to say that we are getting really excited for you guys to show up, and that we have an awesome team here in the canada pavilion. I just wanted to open this topic up in case you guys have any questions that i could answer or any onf of the othe canadians browsing the boards. We don't get to much time to go and loook back on the baords while were working here, but I can try and help out if ya need some. Anyways like i said we are VERY excited for you guys to come, and WE can't wait!!

Disney Tracy

2. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

hey hey tracy

i am leaving in 2 days from canada to get there a week before i start, i cant wait. you sound like you are having soooo much fun i cant wait to join!!!!!

i just wanted to know what kind of fees you paid on your first day ?

thanks
    Jossy

3. nicolegodin

nicolegodin New Member

Hey Tracey,

This is fellow Canadian Nikki, I will be down ther eon June 21t joining in the Fun, I am working in merch and attractions, also i am from winnipeg manitoba, we are gonn ahev a blast, see you soon in Florida

Nikki

4. dryice7670

dryice7670 New Member

Hey Tracy. Thanks for that really wonderfulwelcome. I am Chris and I will be in Florida on March 15th 7 days. WOOHOO. I am very excited to join you and all the other Canadians there thanks again and can't wait to see you soon.

5. funshine

funshine New Member

Hey Hey everyone, I cant wait to meet everyone coming down.
    Trace you rock for the welcome.
    By the way its megan, see you 2morrow

6. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey Guys!!

The fees we paid on the first day, i belive was around 80 bucks but i can't remember, so don't quote me on that i know it was under 100 bucks so just make sure you guys bring some to traditions. And just to let you guys know your first few days are going to be a BORE! so just be prepared..oh and remember to bring all your canadian stuff you can think of flags pins stickers Pennies, it's all good stuff, clothing 2.. you wanna suport your country right!! Anyways, Any more questions don't worry to give me a shout!

Trace

7. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

thanks ! now i know how much i need to set aside, im leaving tomorrow at 4 am ... yay
    i will be in epcot showing my dad around on friday!! we are going to le cellier for dinner .. :)

see yah then!

JOssy

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww wow joss thats so cool, have a safe trip down, and ill see you there in june

xxx

9. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Hey Tracy!!

I am pretty sure that you are in F&B but if not then i am gonna ask you this anyways!:p How does it work out in F&B? I mean how long are you put on the cart for before you are moved up to the restaurant. I was told a month or two...is that correct, or am i to expect to be a permanent worker on the cart?

Robyn

10. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

LoL
    POPCORN QUEEN!! ha ha, you do not Want this title let me remind you!! lol.. um, you work podium and popcorn... for the first few months of your contract then you can get into spieling and then you can get into food running and then service, and yes.. I am in Food and Bev! lol :D
    Trace

11. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

Hey Tracy! Great to hear from you again and thanks for the warm welcome, June seems so far off until we get down there.
    So i have kind of an odd question for you: What is the coldest it's been down there since your contract started? And do you do Traditions with the rest of the people that arrive the same day as you or are there others as well?

Another thing, did you get put in a room with all newbies in the Commons or do you get put with people who have already been there for awhile?

Can't wait to meet you guys down in Epcot!

*Lisa

12. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Hey Lisa!!

Question for you...do you want to join me and Sandra, and possibly one or two others in flying down to Florida?

Robyn

13. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

Hey Robyn,
    Good stuff flying down together sounds awesome! Let me know what you guys have looked into and i'll see if i can join you. Thanks so much for the invite!

*Lisa

14. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Awesome Lisa!!

That is good to hear. My plan so far is to take the 11:30pm flight on the 20th out to Toronto, and then meet up with Sandra there. Then fly down to Orlando early in the morning and arrive at 12:30pm on the 21st...which is good cause that will give us an extra half day to get settled in and look around. These plans are all still tentative but i think they will work out.

15. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey Tracey... glad to hear you're having an awesome time. Can't wait to get down there.

Lisa and Robyn.... Yeah, I think going down together is a great idea. Who else is thinking about flying out of Toronto that day? It works pretty well... both Air Canada and WestJet leave and arrive about the same time. Last time I checked, WestJet was cheaper and, in my opinion, a much more reliable airline.

Sandra :)

16. Nio

Nio New Member

Hey!! Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm definetly excited about getting myself down south. I've been shopping for the past 3 months for "summer wear" wearing my stuff around the house (because it's so darn cold). Tomorrow it's supposed to be -29C and I'm not looking forward to that! My flight leaves Toronto at 9:15am on Tuesday March 15th, I should be getting into Orlando around noon according to the flight information. Can't wait to meet you all :)

Nio

17. funshine

funshine New Member

hey Nio how are you doing. Make sure to bring some sweater and jackets. Suprisinglly it gets really cold here. Also you will be arriving as some of are fellow canadains well be leaving so we will be having trow outs. Which can last a while. :D. It gets cold. But hey when the sun is out it is very hot

18. Winnipeg gal

Winnipeg gal New Member

Hey new Canadians!

Hope you're getting excited to come down here, it's awesome!

@Lisa - I got here with Trace, the coldest it has been here is probably somewhere in the high 30's. I don't think it's gotten to freezing, could be wrong. Seems like nothing compared to Canada, but when you're outside at cart you freeze!! Yes, you will be doing Traditions with the rest of your arrival group. As far as the apartments are concerned, it's completely random. I got put in a four person, one girl arrived with me, one had been there since January, the other since September. Some people end up in an all newbie place, but you never know.

@Nikki - Welcome to the Manitoba group!! There's only two of us right now, glad to see more are coming!

Christa

19. ricky

ricky New Member

hey, this is Richard and you definatly meet me on the first day. not to shatter all your dreams but, "disney tracy" doesn't even work here any more. she recently got terminated for smoking pot on her deck in her appartment.

to bad for here ;)

and christa well christa is the quiet one that stays in hr appartment all the time and reads from her collection of cosmpolitan. like i really don't know about those 2.

rumor has it that they actualy made out at a party once.

tracy A>K>A "disney tracy" recieved her name for being the kinky sex girl. rumor has it that she sleeps with men in particular area's throughout epcot where security cameras wll not see the NASTY DANCE.

christa is know as the "prarie dawg" she has that title becasue well, lets just say she is not allowed at the pool anymore ;)

see you soon .
    Richard.

ps. just kidding.

20. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

OH Richard...stop scarrying the newbies!!! you don't want them to know what kind of a world they are getting into now do we!!! HA HA HA HA!! teeheeh just kidding.... were not like that at all. RIGHT RICHARD!!!! and yes im still here working at disney, i didn't get terminated for smoking pot! lol even tho....... nope not going to say ;) Anyways.. and Crista is the sweetest girl you will ever meet!! so don't listen to this o ' fagan dude!! lol!!!

Trace

ps, Thank's Rich, for waking me up this molrning at 2 AM to tell me about this post...lol!!! RANDOM