What clothes to take.......

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Princess Wadey, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Princess Wadey

Princess Wadey New Member

Ok I have a question which has no doubt been on here somewhere before but can't find it. I need to start packing and kinda need to be ruthless. So what do I need???? Obviously Im fine packing casual stuff and going out stuff for out of work. But what else???? Do I need a suit?? And do I need any dressy stuff (evening dress and heels)??

Thanks,
    Wadey. x

2. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

The orientation thing we have to go to for the first couple of days is smart attire. Now whether our definition of smart varies slightly to where the climate is a lot hotter than we're used to, I'm not sure. But personally, I'm not chancing it & will take a suit, tie & shoes. It will probably never be worn again but there ya go!

3. You dont need a full on suit! Just suit trousers and a shirt, a tie if u prefer! Also when it comes to clothing, just bring anything you like and wear often, not including woolly jumpers lol!
    But yea smart clothes, heels whatever, you will find places to use them. Remember they have night life there 2, u might want to get done up for going out.

4. mushu

mushu New Member

don't forget your bikinis!!!

5. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I have one of those suits that hold up in a carrier, so i'm going to take that just in case, you never know ;D Plus i can always use the smart shirt and trousers for clubbing or something too. Won't take up any suitcase space really.

A couple of T-shirts, Jeans and a pair of shoes as i plan to buy most while i'm there but want some to last me for the 1st few days. Probably will also take my own Bed sheets. Do we have to supply our own Pillows?

Luggage allowance is something like 2 large Suitcases at 26Kg each. I plan to take 1 case, half Full and buy another case while in Florida. 1 and a half cases of space to bring stuff back. Worst comes to worst, i'll post some clothes back home before i leave

6. yup pillows to, all there is, is a bed with nothing on it. No sheets no pillows. You need to supply that, u can buy it all at the walgreens around the corner tho. On ur first night ur usually so exhausted tho u dont give a crap lol.

7. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I'm taking two weeks worth of clothes...last time I took a month's worth and it was too much. A couple of pairs of jeans, a couple of hoodies...and lots of skirts and dresses LOL. And shoes. Yes I know they say you won't wear that many pairs, but I wear different shoes all the time...I change throughout the day on my days off!

I'm also taking a duvet (tescos ones are good) but will get my pillows when I get there (if I don't get to Walmart I can cope without pillows for one night). Then the rest of my suitcase will be bags and electricals and stuff! The packing checklist on here is pretty good for remembering everything you need.

As for a suit, I'm going to take what I wore for my interview...I wore it last time in FL and so I know it's ok!

8. Jodi

Jodi New Member

Hi guys! yeah im packing now also...leave in 2 weeks :D !!!! will i need things like winter pjs? cause i packed them but if its hot duno if its worth it? Should i also bring over some aussie souveniers to give as presents and stuff?
    With the business clothes i have a plain purple shirt and a black blazer but i need to get a skirt or pants yet, does any one have recommendations to which is better skirt/pants?
    Im not gonna bother with bedding and stuff either, hopefully i get to walmart or a shop on the first day. I'm also not bothering with hair straighteners and hair dryiers just gonna buy them out there!
    hope to see some of u guys at disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I was trying to think of what to bring over as gifts for my housemates...all I could come up with that is British & simple to pack was Cadburys chocolate, yorkshire tea bags & HP sauce!

10. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Something you need to remember is just because it's Florida doesn't mean it's hot all the time. For example I'm here on vacation right now, it was mid 50's F today, which would be around 12 degrees. Kinda chilly (and I'm Canadian!). Supposedly this weekend it's going to get close to 0. So definitely try to pack some pants and sweaters.

Business attire, I don't remember where I read the outline but I remember for guys khakis and a polo is alright. A button down shirt is always nice. For girls, I'm going to bring both a skirt or two and dress pants. Probably two or three nice shirts and probably my blazer cuz I love my blazer. I like having nice clothes handy anyways, if I feel like going somewhere nice for dinner or a classy place for drinks... Or La Nouba ;)

11. Jodi

Jodi New Member

haha i love cadbury! but no offence it tastes waay better in australia :p
    Apparently our one has stuff in it to stop it melting in the heat and yours doesnt so that must be why it tastes different. So im not sure how long uk chocolate will last in the florida sun hehe. But i love hp sauce! and tea yes very english! hmm i cant think of anything for UK either.....
    Im probs gonna bring a few packs of little koala's they are always a hit when im travelling i also have aussie tshirts and temporary tattoos and natural confectionary lollies oh and of course cadbury chocolate and VEGEMITE YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

12. forloveofmusic

Aussie Cadbury is awesome, I must agree. I lived with an Aussie a few months... what did her parents send up... Chicken chips, Cadburys of course... Your little koalas, is that caramel filled chocolates? Sounds familliar. But the thing I ask her to send me is musk sticks. I don't know why, but I love them!

When I went to the UK I don't think I had any Cadbury... I brought back shortbread cookies and tea. And yorkshire pudding, yummmmmmmmmmm. Of course that meant I had to make a full dinner to accomany it lol But I love cooking so it wasn't a huge deal ;)

What should Canadians bring? Maple syrup I suppose... Some of our chocolates? I'll have to ask my Aussie mate what she loves from here lol I know she's a big fan of peanut butter m&ms but I think they have that here. Not sure...

13. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Cadbury's factory is in Bourneville, Birmingham which is about 40 minute drive from where I live! I will reserve judgement on this Aussie impostor Cadburys until I have tasted it!

Shortbread, thats a good one. I'll put that on the list. I'll cook a Lancashire hotpot too for them. Pie, chips & gravy maybe as well!

14. Jodi

Jodi New Member

Well i was talking about these little toy clip on koala's but we do have caramello koala's! and freddo frogs :p there sooo yum! omg must sticks are awesome! can u not buy them n e where else?? i never relaised that!
    I lived in Nova Scotia for awhile and im a massive fan of tim hortons! Wat else umm bagels and cream cheese, waffles with real maple syrup with cool whip OMG my favourite thing ever! (and soo healthy lol)
    Im heading back there before my program starts so i'll let u know if u find something!
    Discostu I will definately have to come find u when i arrive and let u try australian cadbury its amazing! :)

15. forloveofmusic

Haha I wish I could bring Tim Hortons. But donuts and coffee are really the kind of thing that doesn't travel well. Timmie's is a eat-right-away kind of place. They have Cool Whip in the USA so you're set for that ;) . Bagels too, although a bagel from Montreal is a million times better than anywhere else. Americans rave on New York bagels but a Montreal one kicks NY's a-- I mean-- Mickey.

Oh ya I am in love with musk sticks. It's really one of those foods you either adore or despise haha you can't just be like "ya they're okay". I don't think you can get them anywhere else... Definitely not in Canada.

Funny how this started with clothes and turned to food... Just wait till you guys get here. American food is evil. Too much delicious and unhealthy temptations.

16. U know what i love, pretzels. But not the salty ones, the cinnamon dough ones. YUMMY they have the best pretzel store in downtown disney, TASTY!

17. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I shall be making proper english roast dinners :D complete with homemade roast potatoes and stuffing and aaaaaah Bisto gravy. You're all welcome to round! Haha.

18. That sounds so incredibly yummy louisa ;D

19. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

BISTO? GRAVY GRANULES!?

are you not making any gravy from scratch? :O

haha, who actually makes gravy fro scratch these days? :p

20. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Mmmmmmmmm, gravy!