What is HRC

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 2005CP, Feb 3, 2007.

1. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Well the title says it all really

2. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

3. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I worked in HRC

It stands for Historic Research Centre and is one of the shops in the UK Pavilion. If you work there you don't get employed by Disney but by a franchise company (kinda like if you worked for Mcdonalds within disney world...they'd employ you, not disney). So you have your own bosses, get paid differently and have a schedule separate to all the rest of UK Merch (altho your working hours are the same). The shop sells name stuff...well, that's the most basic explanation!! You look up people's last names and family coat of arms and sell them merchandise based on that...you also get to sell swords!! which is very cool if you're bored and want to entertain kids!!

You miss out on a lot by not being employed by Disney (main gate pass, special CM activites like Ride-a-thon, CM gifts, Holiday vouchers, medical insurance, health care at work, you pay more rent [trust me, I nearly punched someone at the commons when I found out!!!]) so it kind of makes working there not worth it....but I guess it depends what you want to go over there for! I found the job, on the whole, to be quite disappointing because I missed out on so many of those benefits...I really would have preferred to have worked for Disney...but HRC does have it's perks...you get paid slightly more, getting days off is more flexible and you don't get reprimands or points for not going into work, like everyone else suffers with....

Hope this helps, let me know if you want to know anymore...

Ellen x :D

4. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

This is what the shop looks like to give you an idea of the merchandise that's sold....if you can see any of it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Ohh-that place. I dont likethe idea of not gettin all the perks-thats not very fair at all

6. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Remind me what typs of work there is-id prefer Food and beverage work (or custodial if they do that)

7. Emi

Emi New Member

I'd really enjoy working in here actually. My degree is history and I'd probably fit in a bit better.

I'd hate to not get the perks though and the higher rent for the same flat as someones who's paying cheaper would do my nut in.

8. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

when they ask me my preference i dont eve think ill mention this place-yes it would be interesting-my degree is history also, but still-i want the whole disney experience lol

9. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I could be wrong but I think YOU still get in the parks free, you just can't sign in other people.

10. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

I know, it just wouldnt be the same if you were not even employed by Disney

11. Jorden

Jorden New Member

So true... your ID dosn't have Mickey on it or the WDW logo if I remember correctly, just a big bolded PARTICIPANT