What kind of work do you have as an ICP?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Mofree, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Mofree

Mofree New Member

Hi,

I will be an ICP in a "food and beverage" position and just wanna know what kind of job i'll have? What kind of restaurant? Bar? Etc.?

Thanks for help.

2. cowza

cowza New Member

Is it quick service food and beverage? Or table service?

If its quick service you could be in any of the parks or resorts working a variety of different roles from getting food orders together or cashier. It's also possible you might end up somewhere like the 'bakery' on main street.

3. Mofree

Mofree New Member

Hi Cowza,

thanks for your answer.

In my interview i selected: "Full Service Food and Beverage" (There was also a role called Quick-Service Food and Beverage)

So what's the difference?

4. cowza

cowza New Member

Quick Service is counter service... kind of like McDonalds style... guests order food and pick it up straight away.

Full Service is in an actual restaurant. I couldn't tell you what you might actually be doing but you could end up just being a greeter. For that you would welcome guests to the restaurant, check them in and show them to their table.

If you get to be a server you'll actually take food to the tables and help guests with all their needs. You're also eligible for tips if you end up a server. It's rare an ICP gets to be a server though... usually only those on the CRP.

5. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Quick serve people can also end up being outdoor foods, on the various food stands throughout the park

6. Mofree

Mofree New Member

Okay thanks.

i know for sure that I#m not in the quick service stuff... so the best work could be the position as a server?

7. cowza

cowza New Member

A server is definitely one of the best positions because you get tips. You can make A LOT of money on tips!

8. ginabella

ginabella New Member

i was told that ICP full service food and beverage was a non-tipped role :S
    is that not hte case then?!

9. Mofree

Mofree New Member

I hope not...I want tip!!! ;-)

10. cowza

cowza New Member

It's unlikely but not unheard of

11. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

I'm curious to know the answer to that too... Tips are a VERY good thing... :p

12. george544

george544 New Member

F&B don't get tips but the wage is a bit higher, and full services does get tips but the salary is like 4 bucks but if you're gonna do just summer full service is worth cause you'll get lots of tips if not you should think about it twice cause it's not always that crowded