what sort of music you all into?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by halifaxboy, Mar 26, 2005.

1. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

hey! I was thinking, we're all going to be living together/near each other and was wondering what sort of music/bands everyone on here is into??

Me -
    the killers, phantom planet (I'm not a new fan due to the O.C been a fan for years!), the stones, beatles, green day (saw them on both manchester gigs in january! it was sooo good!), simple plan, good charlotte, switchfoot, robbie williams, razorlight, rooney, jeff buckley and I could keep going but won't bore u all! lol

just wondered and wanted to get a basic idea! ;D

2. Anika

Anika New Member

Hi!

Interesting question! ;D

I personally  LOVE Tori Amos (you have to see her live!)  :D (her older stuff is much better though), but I also like Kate Bush, Evanescence, 3 Doors Down, Bush, Creed, Silverchair, Alanis Morissette, Heather Nova, Green Day, Jewel, Lifehouse, Placebo, Linkin Park, Sarah McLachlan... so a variety of bands, depending on my mood... ;D

But yours is a good choice, too (especially Green Day and Good Charlotte)!  :D

Greetz,

Anika

3. DanBlacker

DanBlacker New Member

Hey! Im into indie rock. And I like stuff like The Killers, Stereophonics, athlete, ash, blur, damien rice, doves, snowpatrol, franz ferdinand, jet, the strokes etc etc. my mates have got a really sweet band. they're called oneyesblue. (prennounced One-eyes-blue) and their the 'new sound of blue-grass indie' go to www.overplay.com/oneyesblue and theres 3 of their songs on there. They're superb!

Dan

4. vicks

vicks New Member

hey dan every band u listed is pretty much what i would list aswell, razorlite, the libertines, the strokes, tke killers, kasabian amd i love damien rice i went to see him in concert at newcastle uni early last year, it was one of those personal gigs with not many ppl he was fantastic! im also into this australian ban called grinspoon which is pretty cool its kind of a cross between kasabian but a bit more rocky! pretty good! itll be interesting to see what ppl from all the other countries will be into!

5. nicolegodin

nicolegodin New Member

i love rap and hip hop

6. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

ooooh so many! seen as im a dancer i pretty much have to put up with all music so theres nothing i really hate!....I can even deal with the tweenies album now!haha

but at home right now.....total r&b, the killers, ashlee simpson, oC soundtrack,U2,gwen steffani...and the list goes on....

xxxxx

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol should i answer this question!! i do love all music the killers, the thrills, kasabian *my best mates bro supported them a few weeks back at a gig in toronto, look out for stirling theyll b huge ;)* then i love me justin timberlake, britney, christina, kelly clarkson, ashlee and jess simpson..... and westlife and blue.. but :p i dont care i love all music!

fav at min tho is joss stone, shes got one good voice!

xxx

8. disney_dreamer

disney_dreamer New Member

joss stone is a good choice sara,her latest single is one of her best i think...

i really like all music aswell,i just brought the new mario album at the weekend,i am a bit of an r&b girl,usher and lemar are at the top of my list at the minute ;)!!! i like my hip hop as well..and im a huge britney fan,i just think shes ace!!

9. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

anything punk!!! the used, the ataris(although they are overplayed and too well known now) my chemical romance, coheed and cambria....alkaline trio...haha anyone heard of them? and of course there's led zepplin and then all that hip hop that is soo popular...soo catchy too...haha..and then country..i pretty much listen to anything and everything....italian music....hahaha...

10. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

I am a big fan of Ska and punk bands. Catch 22, Less than Jake (i see them in concert soon), New Found Glory, Streetlight Manifesto. Lizzie I like your taste in music, you have a lot of good bands on your list.

11. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

Lizzie like you list! love my chemical romance! new found glory are cool they supported green day when they toured the uk. I like country music too in the uk tho you don't hear it much! altho Tim McGraw is makin an appearence now after his duet with nelly.

Lindsey, the oc soundtrack's are cool! all 3 of them!

12. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

@ jimboddaga: ive never heard of streetlight manifesto! are they any good?

im seeing tim mcgraw in concert in july! wooo....he's such an amazing singer!!! hopefully some awesome bands will play somewhere in florida and we're able to go!

13. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

house of blues usually has some great gigs. the killers were playing there last time I went. There should be some really great bands to go see!!

14. Anna

Anna New Member

Hmm, well I may seem a tad interested in a certain band lol....but I do listen to a lot of random stuff as well......however I do seem to have this teeny bop thing going on that I can't seem to shift however hard I try!! Basically as long as its not really way out I generally like.

Wow Anna talk about be specific....... :-\

Anna x

15. SinaHamburg

SinaHamburg New Member

I love all kinds of rock/alternative/punk kinda music...can´t wait to check all the local bands in orlando :D!!
    in clubs i prefer a good mix of everything tho... moving ass songs...i love to dance ;D!
    oh, and i like older stuff, too...like the beatles (even met paul mccartney once :eek:), beach boys...list goes on!
    ~Sina

16. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Have to say totally into Rap & Hip-Hop but then I also like old stuff like The Stone Roses, Seahorses n of course The Beatles are timeless!

Jo
    xx

17. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

You will definitely see many bands playing in HOB! I always had to work or was too hungover to ever go LOL and I think Outkast were there 3 times and I never got to go! haha....I love pretty much everything as long as it has some good tune to it. Right now I'm into Keane, 3 Doors Down, Matchbox 20, U2, Maroon 5, Joss Stone, Rufus Wainwright and anythign R&B and Hip Hop. Mostly Outkast, Usher, Destinys Child, Mario, Ludacris, R Kelly, The Game, Alicia Keys, Eminem. I also like some spanish stuff.

Julia

18. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Lizzie: Streetlight manifesto is an awesome band, they are a lot like catch 22 your typical ska band but they do kind of sound like a garage band or something because the vocals are not the best, but its ska so what do you want? I like em

19. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

I have a pretty wide range of music....the beastie boys, jethro tull, nickelback, switchfoot, sublime, dire straits, any rap and hip hop, me first and the gimme gimmes, guns and roses, Dashboard Confessional...the list goes on...oh Liz can't forget about Something Corporate

20. Chris

Chris New Member

for me its girls aloud, busted, s-club all the way. How can you not love a good boy band? The Sound of the Underground rocks my world. Obviously i'm on my own with my cheesy taste here!

Don't worry, i shall convert you all, mwa ha ha ha... :p