What things do people want to do during their year in Disney?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Disney Dude, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

While work is the main reason we're in Disney, we've got loads of time to chill out. What things do people plan/ would like to do that perhaps they haven't been able to do before

Here's mine.

Attend Halloween Horror nights at Universal Pretty obvious, i heard it's awesome and would like to go

Attend a Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios HUGE star wars fan and is a must

Go to Bush Gardens Never been and would like to try it out

Visit all Disney Resorts Not all at once but by the end of the program i would like to have been to ALL the on Property Disney Resorts. Spend an hour or 2 looking around and eating there

Charity Work I'm sure they said at the Interviews that Disney do offer people the opportunity to do a few hours of charity work a week. I may see about doing this as i only feel it's right for the opportunity i've been given

Ride EVERY Ride at Disney Just because you have to ;D

Do a weekly Video Blog I knocked up a very good looking website yesterday within a few hours. I plan to use it so people can come and see video blogs/ photos that i've done at Disney

Learn to play Golf I want to learn a relaxing sport and i think golf would be cool

Eat out in the Major Disney Restaurants As it says really, eat at a few of the top Disney restaurants and character dinners like Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Go on The Hulk and Dueling Dragons at Universal I keep bricking it every time ;D

2. ally and darren

ally and darren New Member

hey ur goin 2 b busy!!!!!!!!!!!

i havent even though much bout what im goin 2 do while there really want to go 2 New York thou. sure there wil b a few others up 4 that ;D ;D

have u been to halloween horror night before???

xxx

3. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

No i haven't but i've seen videos of it and it looks awesome

4. ally and darren

ally and darren New Member

iv been twice. The first time was excellent if u like that kinda of thing!!! i dont :) i was so so scared
    we went in 2008 and we were so disappointed even i didnt get that many frights and believe me that is not like me ;D ;D

but that was the first nite so that was prob somethin to do with it

xxx

5. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

I want to celebrate Thanksgiving. Also I want to learn what on earth it's all about.
    I want to see as many football games as I can cram in.
    I want to see NYC, Vegas and Washington.
    I want to see a basketball game...Go Orlando Magic!!
    I want to be a voluntEAR.
    I want to trade pins. It may become an obsession.
    I want to stay in loads of different Disney Hotels.
    I want a sandcastle competition!!! We've all had plenty practice building snowmen....bring it on!

6. katharina09

katharina09 New Member

I want to practice my Spanish...so I hope to meet lots of Mexicans... :D

7. katharina09

katharina09 New Member

Oh yes NEW YORK !!! That's my biggest dream !!! Can't wait to visit it !!

8. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

When people talk about New York ect, i assume you all mean once the program is done?

or do we get a 2 week holiday like your meant to in the UK.

i'm going to stay away from Pin Trading as like joanne said, it will get addictive

9. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

There are no paid holidays - you could request to get two week's worth of weekends off back to back to get Fri-Mon off (weeks start on Sunday), or after you've been there a while request unpaid holidays (or call in and get a bad point on your record - Disney use a points system building up to getting fired). With a long weekend though, you could easily do a short city break, the same way as us Brits might go to Paris or Barcelona for the weekend.

On the pin trading, as a CM you can get a free pin lanyard with pins to trade. While you must trade any pin if a guest asks, you could trade with other CM's some of your pins to get sets. Spend a week switching your pins for Donald Duck pins for example, then next week choose another thing to switch for. You won't be accumulating extra pins (unless you want to, so its free) and gives you something to do with your lanyard to make it more unique.

10. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I like that they give you free pins to trade, something to do with the kids (and hardcore disney fans) ;D

11. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

I completely forgot about Pin trading...I don't think I will get addicted to it but you never know haha

My year at Disney I want to do a lot (starts in 10 days for me)

I want to:
    -Go to Universal Studios/ Island Of Adventures
    -Go to Gator World
    -Go to Busch Gardens
    -Go to Sea World
    -See an MLB, NFL, NHL, and NBA game
    -Ride all the Disney rides
    -Visit all the Disney theme parks there (sure that won't be to hard ha)
    -Explore Florida
    -Be outdoors more (Canada not outside to much in winter lol)
    -Try and see Regis and Kelly at the Christmas Parade lol

12. DisneyG2009

DisneyG2009 New Member

bar the disney stuff, which I think comes as standard lol I want to do the following....

* Go back to New York - even for a day trip.
    * See Washington - Shake hands with Obama!
    * Go to Albuquerque - Just beacuse its HSM!!!
    * Take a drive to The Keys
    * Daytona Beach and have a burger in a superb fab Burger joint - well worth a visit.
    * Go to Wisconsin to see my best mate - as many times as possible.
    * Find a friend who loves planes and go plane spotting at Orlando International....YAY!
    * AND
    *.....MAYBE.....
    *..............GET..........
    *....................MARRIED....................

And your all welcome to come with me on my little trips, the more the merrier, and your more than welcome to assist me in finding a wife! lol.

13. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I also have a ton of things that I want to do in Florida. Considering I have over 5 months until I go, this list is going to get so much longer.

* Number 1 and an absolute on my list is to go on the Disney Cruise.
    * Go to universal studios, many many times
    * Go to Busch Gardens
    * Do every backstage tour at Disney
    * Do every special event... halloween, christmas, pirate and princess etc.
    * do lots of things with the voluntEARS
    * Sing in the candlelight cast choir.... but I think I may miss this since I get there the end of July

I could go on for days and days.

We should talk ;)

14. DisneyG2009

DisneyG2009 New Member

Your Canadian and thats made me smile already! Canadian girls are just so much fun and really pretty and cool!
    ......Yes your quite welcome to talk to me hahahaha.

15. ninamartine

ninamartine New Member

I doubt I'll have both the time and money to do all this, but this is my, very long, list ;D

- Busch Gardens
    - Visit the Disney Resorts (top of the list: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge)
    - Ride every ride in Disney World and Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
    - Watch a basketball game (Go Orlando Magic.....I guess :p)
    - Be a VoluntEAR
    - Gatorland
    - Sea World
    - Attend Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios
    - Discovery Cove and swim with dolpins
    - WonderWorks
    - DisneyQuest
    - Shopping
    - House of Blues concerts (B.B. King: April 5th, Lady Gaga: April 6th)
    - Medieval Times
    - Kennedy Space Center (and see a Space Shuttle launch)
    - Visit Fun Spot Action Park (Go-Karts!)
    - Go on an airboat ride
    - Ride along/drive a stock car at the Richard Petty Driving Experience
    - Visit Ripley's Believe It or Not!
    - Play glow-in-the-dark mini golf at the Festival Bay Mall
    - Visit Titanic: The Exhibition
    - Visit Silver Springs
    - Explore Downtown Disney and CityWalk
    - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
    - Vacation to Hawaii
    - See the some of the continental Unites States (NYC, San Fransisco, San Diego, Mall of America (!! :p), Chicaco, Boston, the Carolinas and Georgia)
    - Travel around Florida (the north, Tampa area, Miami, weekend trip to the Keys)

I certainly won't have one single boring moment while in Orlando, that's for sure :p

16. *minnie**mouse*

I'd like to update my list with these things ;D

17. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Have you been before? Its so scary...I cant even describe how bad it is..Im glad I went for the experience..But I wouldn't go again..Its so realistic, you actually feel like your in the movies!

18. *minnie**mouse*

:-\ not so sure i want to go to go, Disney's haunted mansion scares me.

19. ninamartine

ninamartine New Member

No, I haven't been before, but I'd like to see what it's all about :) And I'm hoping it's scary :p

20. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I've seen videos of scary clowns with very loud chainsaws chasing people around the park which is engulfed in mist and you can't see more than a foot in front of you. That sounds awesome and i have to go