What to wear?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by michelle.e., Sep 8, 2009.

1. michelle.e.

michelle.e. New Member

HEy... so I'm just curious.. but what was the majority of the people wear for their F2F interview? For girls, did they wear skirt suits, pant suits, something more casual?

2. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

I wore a blouse and a skirt... just as long as you make sure you fit into the disney look youre good. As in, wear panyhose with your skirt, make sure it isnt too short, have sleeves on your top, and look neat.

3. michelle.e.

michelle.e. New Member

do you think that wearing a suit of some sort (whether it be skirt or pant) would be too over the top? or were people that formal?

4. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

wow i'm late replying to this, but at my interview there was a lot of variation-- i dont think you can be too businesslike, but you could definately be too casual--some people were in suits, the guys were pretty much all in suits, but the girls varied. One girl (who i dont think made it, i never saw her) was wearing jeans (NOT disney look) someone else was in dress capri pants and a nice top (and she did make it, that counted as disney look, but wasn't strictly speaking a business look) so it is about being neat and conservative and respectful.
    Short answer, yes to the suit :)

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Steffie, are you talking about me?!

Yeah, what I wore was appropriate for the interview, but not Traditions!

6. Sofi

Sofi Guest

surely you shouldn't have to dress too smart cos when u work there your given uniform anyway so it shouldn't really matter what you wear outside of work in england just as long as your well presented and give off a good impression, but thats just what i'd have thought :D

my boyfriend though has hair that doesn't meet the requirements of disney but he's willing to cut it for the job, would he have to cut it before attending the interview then do you think? x

7. Sesosana

Sesosana New Member

I'm going to be wearing pretty business style suit and tye, but it's going to be somewhat colorful so to have a little personality ;D

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I had super short hair, and at my interview they told me not to cut it before the summer! I had to grow mine for it to meet requirements. And, they do care what you look like, because your clothing is a representation of your demeanor and actions!

9. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

lol i was talking about you angelica! I was just listing examples of dress at our interviews :)

10. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Personnally I suggest being as close to being as "Disney Look" as possible because its one of the aspects that they look at in the interview

11. Ophelia

Ophelia New Member

You think dress pants and a black blouse is gonna be ok?.....or does that look too much like funeral? lol Really dont know what to wear....

12. Tasha--x

Tasha--x Member

Heyy.. I'm just gonna be wearing smart trousers and a white blouse & heels. I think aslong as you look smart, whatever you wear will be appropriate so don't panic!! :) x

13. Eve

Eve New Member

Well ive got a suit dress with short sleeves and im going to wear black tights and heels . . . . . and a cardigan. sound ok????

14. iain89uk

iain89uk New Member

What have guys been wearing to the interviews? I was going to wear a suit but I'm worried that it will be too much! Then I was thinking of maybe loosing the jacket and just having smart trousers, shirt and tie. Also, the shoes I was going the shoes I was going to wear are quite pointy, not strictly 'Disney Look' but they're still smart. Do you think I'l be all right with them too?

15. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

sounds fine to me - as long as you look smart you'll be fine!! Try not to stress tooooo much about what you're wearing. I would say go without the jacket, but it's up to you!!

16. StevenC

StevenC New Member

i'm wearing black pants, nice shirt and skinny tie =)

my bf had an interview for disney icp a year or two back, and had a crp interview earlier this year and he just wore something similar.

dont worry about wearing suits n stuff... thats probably a bit too much.

just so long as u look smart and presentable... disney style... u shall be fine =)

17. tito2502

tito2502 New Member

From the Yummy Jobs website:

and I do love my suit :D

Might just wear it with the jacket tbh, I've never once got somewhere and had a problem with being overdressed.
    Or might not. I'll choose in the morning.

18. iain89uk

iain89uk New Member

You know what, I'll probably just leave the jacket. Surely they'll take into account the fact that we're all students and they wont be expecting us to be wearing one. So long as you look like you've made the effort to dress smartly, I'm guessing that's all they're looking for.

19. Danielle

Danielle New Member

The thing I'm most worried about is a bag. I'm staying the night before so I'll have clothes and stuff as well as my documents, do you think I can leave my big bag with one of my friends or will they have somewhere to keep stuff? ???

20. tito2502

tito2502 New Member

Haha, it's November and it's Liverpool. I'd certainly wear the jacket at least until you get there. Saves turning up freezing cold and windswept, or with an informal coat/jacket.