What will you miss most?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by scarlettheart, Jan 21, 2010.

1. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Hey everyone!

Just purely for fun, what do you think you'll miss the most about "home"?

For me, it will be my bed - got to be the best ever!

And my boyfriend's cuddles *sighs* :'(

Looking forward to hearing everyone elses!

xxx

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

my boyfriend! =[ x

3. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

my family :(
    I hope I don't get too homesick - I am at uni and i'm only 50 miles away (imagine thousands!!).

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

LOL you don't have a lot of spare time to miss things on the program... but I know from last time it will be proper non-cinnamon flavoured BREAD! Ahhh I missed bread so badly!! And wierdly, I missed feeling cold wind because in florida it is neither cold nor windy ;D

....er...and my boyfriend and family obviously :p

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Bread. Definitely the bread. I HATE their bread. Only palatable stuff is the italian. (AMerican's don't get this!)
    Nice breakfast cereal. And milk - I don't really like milk, and their stuff is AWFUL!!!!
    And squash that costs less than $5 for one bottle of Robinsons.
    And my cats.

(I suppose my parents and brother - but that's what skypes for!)
    Home friends... why they invented facebook and email :)

Plus side: massive bottles of fruit juice for like $3 - and it's good stuff too :)
    Oh, and DISNEY!!!!!! :D
    xx

6. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

I will miss my gorjus puppy, my family and my bf :'(
    Also i will miss my teddy, sounds silly but i have to have my teddy its so comfy for my arm. im lost without it ;D

7. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Lowri, maybe you could take your teddy in your hand luggage?

I've had my teddy since I was a baby and he travels everywhere with me!

He's super excited for Disney lol ;)

xx

8. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

:S
    I have to have bread and cereal and milk! Gah!
    So any recommendations that you found eadible??

9. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Erm I'll miss my puppy dawg, he was a proper puppy when i went last year and he's such a lovely fella brightens up my day!

I won't be missing my family as they'll be in america and wheneverI miss them they'll just hop on a plane over, plus luckily enough From about week 3/4 I will have visitors until the end!

I'm not a huge bread eater so I didn't miss bread, their milk was no different to me and I always think american food is great!

I hate water though so completely understand with you Katie, used to get so fed up buying orange juice from the UK aisle, seriously considering taking about 6 bottles this time to help out a bit!

My biggest, biggest miss though was a good roast dinner, a good cheese and pickle sandwich, or a nice english cooked breakfast, or even just healthyish food....like where are the vegetables!!! lol oh my gosh i do love american food, golden corral and Dennys oh my life! aww and i loved all the nights we just ordered in dominoes! <3

lol i like gym!

10. catfish278

catfish278 Member

lol yeah, just healthy food in general!!

glad I am not the only bread-lover... was seriously considering taking some in my suitcase and freezing it. We could have bread parties. LOL.... think it would get squished tho!! ;D

11. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

Aw bless hes been everywhere. well mine is originally from Disneyworld Florida, had it as a present of the family in america when they came over. maybe its time for me to take him back there lol. hes just pretty big :S

12. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Sounds like a plan.
    ;)
    hahaha

13. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I honestly didn't miss anything last year...I didn't really have time! The summer flew by WAY too quickly. The bread there is weird but I didn't buy any anyway, I loved the fresh bagels from Walmart...mmm...

14. kandicombo

kandicombo New Member

i will probally miss chocolate, the American stuff is horrible. Other than that I will miss my family and friends but hopefully not too much lol :D x

15. catfish278

catfish278 Member

My boyfriend sent me a galaxy caramel through the post.... it got a bit squashed! (understatement!)

16. Maila

Maila New Member

I'm game! I will bring some bread mix with me :)

17. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

My pets! My rabbit died when i was away last year =[ Wish i could take my chinchilla with me!

It went by faaaar to quickly to actually miss my friends and family i think.. Sounds horrible! haha, but true, i called them every other week and emailed them when i could. Then i was home and felt like i'd never been away! xx

18. Sofi

Sofi Guest

did u guys go home as soon as u finished last time? cos i'm staying for a few weeks after so it will be more like a holiday in the end than work =D x

19. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

I bought the flexi-STA flight because I want to travel after :D

Just where is the question :)

20. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Galaxy caramels rock my world honestly! Just on my way to work now and might just buy one! Healthy stuff lol! ;)