Whats Merch all about?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by gemmalou, Jan 28, 2006.

1. gemmalou

gemmalou New Member

Hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything more about working in Merchandise? Because everyone on here seems to be F&B! which is cool, but i was just wondering if there was anyone who'd done merchandise and what they'd done?

Ive been accepted to the summer '06 programme and merchandise was my first choice, which i got-yey! :) but i know nothing about it!

Hugs gem
    -x-

2. charlie

charlie Guest

Hi gem,

I worked in uk merchandise from july 2003 to 2004. It is basically shop work so it will involve guest interaction, cash handling, working till registers, stocking the shops or carts depending were u are working.

Hope this helps.

Charlie.

3. gemmalou

gemmalou New Member

OK, thats really helpful thanks :)

How come you did merch in the year long programme? I thought everyone did F&B?

gem

4. charlie

charlie Guest

Hi Gem,

The international program that is for a year is for merchandise and food and bev... there is a good number of merchies on the boards here. It just feels that there is so many more food and bev as in most countries of the IP program for every one cast member in merch there is about 4 in foods i would say. it is just because they need more staff...

Charlie

5. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

hi gem!
    for the year long program u will work in: merch, F&B or atraccion if ur pavillon have one ;),, but there more places for f&b than the others ::) ::) thats why the most people here look to go for F&B, but theres merch too, and some atraccions ;)

XOXO

:-* :-* :-* Ely :-* :-* :-*

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Hmmmm here's the thing.

I'm on a brand new programme involving f&b and operations (attractions, park greeting and parking).

Yet the UK pavilion doesnt have an attraction :|

So I don't know where I'm gonna be :mad:

I want to know!

7. Disney Gibbs are you doing the college program?

8. DisneyGibbs

I think so. Thats what we got told at the presentation.

And I am doing lectures with the University of Michigan!

As I said its a new programme.

No one knows much about it!

Louisa x

9. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Hey DisneyGibbs,

I'm really interested in this program you're doing...sounds fun! Is it arranged through Yummy Jobs or through your university?

Andy

10. DisneyGibbs

Yummyjobs :D

11. tEresa

tEresa New Member

I´m also a merchie... mexican pavillion on june 13th.. hope to get to see you guys in florida...!! and just as a PRECAUTION.. i already knew of some welcome jokes they play to merchies in epcot.. they are really meaan hahaha..

so, lets be careful guys... haha altough they are really funny and its part of the experience :D teresa