When can i apply for 2014?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by haycee14, May 11, 2013.

1. haycee14

haycee14 Member

I want to apply for the summer 2014 ICP, when should i apply? Would it be about September? Thanks :)

2. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Are you from the UK? Yummy Jobs usually opens the applications late August/Beginning of September. They also close in September I think, so there isn't a huge amount of time to apply. I'll hopefully be applying then too! ;D

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Yummy usually open the applications in August/September, but keep an eye on the website and their facebook page (maybe even their twitter?) to see exactly when they'll open them. With Disney they don't usually close early due to too many applicants, but they have done that with the Universal program, so make sure you're ready to go!

You can create your profile on the website now, and work on your CV so your all ready to go when the applications open! :)
    xx

4. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Thanks for the replies :)

imagineer2802: yes I am from the UK, hopefully we'll both get a place and I'll see you at Disney! I'm so excited to apply!

Katiej22: thanks, I'll definitely keep an eye on them and yeah that's a good idea, I'll do that :)

5. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Fingers crossed we'll both get there! :D

I've already signed up to the Yummy Jobs site, and have filled in my info, added a CV and written about my "motivation for application" so am ready to go for when the applications open up. I spoke to someone from Yummy Jobs when I did it (wanted to double check it was ok to do it now!) and they said yes, but they are developing a new application system that could be in place for people applying this year, so if you do fill everything out now, be prepared to do it all again! :p

6. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Yeah I know, I've been wanting to do this program for a year now! I'll definitely sign up sometime, probably during the summer and oh right, we'll see how that goes then hahaa :) I'm guessing you're from the uk too then (sorry if I'm wrong) - whereabouts are you from?

7. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Yep! I live in Hampshire - go to the University of Winchester! Where abouts are you from? :D

8. JennieLouise

JennieLouise New Member

Hi :)!

I'm hoping to apply for next year too. I am so excited, wish August time will hurry up so I can send off my application :)

9. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Imagineer2802: cool, i live in Manchester :)

JennieLouise: me too! Hopefully we both get in!

10. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

In case anyone missed it, Yummy Jobs said on Facebook last week that applications will open in "Fall 2013"....what that means exactly isn't totally clear :p

11. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Yeah I saw it but thanks anyway! I know, i would love to know the actual date of when applications open - the suspense is killing me hahaaa :( if I'm like this now I don't know what I'm going to be like when we're all waiting to hear if we have a place or not!

12. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Applications open August 1st! ;D

13. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Yayy! But the thing is... I have just finished college this year, expecting to go to uni this year - I only get my results at the end of august so would only enroll at uni then :/ do you happen to know when applications typically close? Or if I can even apply this year? Thanks :)

14. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

I think you have to be enrolled at a University to be eligible for the program. Normally, applications close mid-end of September I think, but i'm sure they are opening earlier this year so they may be closing earlier. If I were you, i'd drop Yummy Jobs a message - they seem to be pretty good at replying on their Facebook page :)

15. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Yeah I'll do that thanks!

16. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

I'm curious now - let us know what they say! :D

17. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Hahaa I will do! I emailed them and I got an automatic reply saying that she's out of the office until tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a reply then :) I really hope applications close later than august, I've been wanting to do it for ages, waiting another year will be torture!

18. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Oh wait just checked my emails, here's the reply:

Many thanks for your email. If you will be starting your university studies in September, we do welcome you to apply in August for the Summer 2014 program.

So yay! Looks like I can apply after all - happy happy happy!

19. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Yay, that's great news!! Good luck!

I know what you mean about waiting - I found out about the program when I was about 14....i'm now 20! Various Uni commitments etc have jumped in the way previously, but nothing's going to stop me applying this year!! I've even had to get special permission to have my dissertation proposal approved early so I can collect the data for it before I would leave if I got on the program. I feel kinda bad because I feel like it's tempting fate, but unfortunately it had to be sorted now to be considered!

20. haycee14

haycee14 Member

Thanks you too!

Wow that's crazy! I found out about it this time last year so not as long as you but it seems like forever! And yeah it's definitely better to be prepared instead of not being able to do it if you get accepted :) so is this your last opportunity to apply then?