when do we open a banking account ?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by myriam, Sep 6, 2005.

1. myriam

myriam New Member

Hi everyone !

Do you know when we open a banking account in orlando ??? Thanks for your replies and your advices

Myriam ;)

2. KatharinaBerlin

KatharinaBerlin New Member

Hi,

I think you open the bank account on the first or second day. It takes a little bit, until you get all your details and your bank card, but it is takable :)

Dont know if things changed big time since 2000. Maybe some others have some advice :)

Have a good week.

Katharina

3. ian_d_g

ian_d_g New Member

You sign up on the second day and last year it took about a week for the card to arrive

4. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Just some advice, a lot of people went and got Sun Trust accounts rather than Vista ones!! Sun Trust is at Downtown Disney...it's really easy to get to and really easy to open an account!! at the Vista banking presentation, you pretty much sign up there and then...i didn't realise that when i went!! I think SunTrust is a better bank...so I'd advise going there instead!

Ellen x x x :D

5. pidieh

pidieh New Member

Hello,

Ive heard that with Sun Trust there were more fee's, so I was wondering if someone could explain the differences and the benefits of each???

Thanks!

Heidi

6. Diana

Diana New Member

I found that the Vista one worked fine. It's only for a year. Not a life long committment. There's a bus right to the bank if you need to go.

7. myriam

myriam New Member

Thanks for all your replies ! :-*

8. Meels

Meels New Member

We are supposed to be opening bank accounts today with Vista but we went to walmart yesterday and opened with suntrust on the advice of the veterans. Which means we get an awesome day off to go to sea world today! Jealous? ;)

9. myriam

myriam New Member

Not jealous but thanks for the advice !!! ;)

10. CrEsT

CrEsT New Member

someone?

11. myriam

myriam New Member

Yeah someone got the answer ???

12. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

I really don't think that there is too much difference, but some people, like my roomie, didn't seem to get her atm card from Vista and just decided to go open an account at Sun Trust. The differences seem to be how and when we opened the accounts.

When we opened our Vista accounts, we could only open savings account. We had to wait for our atm cards to be sent to us. If you want to open a checking (grr... should be chequing) account, you have to go to the Vista branch to get it. A checking account is required if you want a Visa Check Card. There is a bus that goes to Vista, but you have to request it and you have to call the bus to request a pick up. There is also a branch at the Team Disney building across the street from Downtown Disney that you can go to. If you open an account at Sun Trust, you can get your visa check card then, but you're still going to the branch like you would for Vista.

Direct Deposit of your pay is set up for you when you sign up with Vista as well. I've been getting direct deposit for weeks now and one of my roomies is still asking me to help her out in setting hers up.

I remember one concern with Vista was the availability of ATMs. Someone thought that if you wanted to take any trips, you'd have to take all the money you'd need out of your account before you left so you wouldn't pay fees for using an ATM other than a Vista one. There are Vista ATMs at the Commons, in the break room at Epcot cast services. There is one at every park, I believe, but I'm not exactly sure where. However, I learned something interesting when I was looking at Vista's website. You can use tons of credit union's ATMs throughout the US without any fees at all. I'm not sure how it works with Sun Trust, but they have ATMs around most of Florida. There is not one at the Commons, but there is one in the break room at Epcot Cast Services.

If you're a Disney dork, like me, this might convince you to go with Vista. The ATM card has a picture of the casting building here in Orlando and the Visa Check Card has a picture of the animation building in Burbank. Cute little cards with Vista written in the Disney font. And, you can get Disney Checks (grr... cheques) too.

I just went with Vista and I have had no problems. I've had direct deposit without a problem for weeks, I have my visa check card, I can pay any bills online. It's been fine.

Any more questions.... either I'll have an opinion or my roomie with the Sun Trust account will have hers.

13. myriam

myriam New Member

waw thank you Sandra for all your replies ! ;)