Where are most people from?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Pommyy, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Hey I was just wondering what countries most people from are from in florida? (If you've been there before)

Do people stay in groups with their countries, or does everyone mix together?

Cause I wanna meet everyone! (If I get accepted that is!)

;D

2. jingjo

jingjo New Member

;D Hey,

I'm Jingjo from Thailand and I'm starting the program in 14 days O.O

I personally hope that people from their countries don't stick in groups.

I want to be friends with everyone from anywhere and I thought it's the concept of this program isn't it?

3. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Its up to you how international you want your friendships to be. Other than the possible comfort of sticking with people of the same country, the arrival date also aids this - for example UK summer ICP's arrive on the same date, so many will be flying together and are more likely to be housed together. Also they're experiencing the new things and making new friends in their first few days together, and going to the initial meetings and training together, hence are likely to make friends with them instead of other people who've been there longer and settled in. There may be some from other countries arriving on similar dates you may get to know during this initial period.

There are other common occasions where you may make friends however. Your housemates may be international and you may be able to integrate into their circle of friends.
    Remember about half of those in the housing complexes are US College Program participants, so you're likely to make friends with some of them. Year long CRP's may find this less so as the commons tends to be filled with only Epcot internationals.
    Similarly your workplace is another place where you may make friends. If you're working in your country's pavillion at Epcot then you're likely to again be only mixing with people from your home country, but in other locations there's likely to be other US CP's and some international CP's.
    The most likely mixing points are your work colleagues, those you arrived with and are housed with.

I was there last summer and from my observations there was about 50% US CP's, of the ICP's quite a few brits along some french, chinese and mexicans. Over at the commons there was a spread of nationalities from the different Epcot pavillions, though they tended to be a bit seperate from the rest of the various program participants.

4. Ginnita

Ginnita New Member

hey!!!! Nice to meet you! Im Gina and Im from Mexicoo!!!! Im having my F2F this Friday!!! Im so excited I cant wait!!!... I talk, eat, sleep and dream Disney!!! ;D

One of the main reason Im applying is because I want to meet amazing people from all over the world..! as Jingjo said, i hope people doesn't stick in groups..!! I hope I can make lots of friends from different countries!

Well, hope everything goes EXCELLENT this friday!

When are your arrival dates??

5. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Thanks so much for your replys, they were really interesting!

Gina, good luck with your F2F!

Yeah, Im hoping I get put in a house with people from all over the world!

I havnt even applied for the program yet as I have just turned 17!
    So I still have a bit of a wait!

6. Dana W.

Dana W. New Member

ey, I´m Dana from Germany and my arrival date is on March 10th, so in 12 days - as it is with Jingjo.

I´m really excited and can´t wait anymore. I hope to meet people from all aver the world and to make friends of all nations there. although i have met some real nice girls from germany already. i´ve been to the embassy with two of them and i think we made friendship already :) it´s amazing how easy it goes if everybody has the same dream... :) i hope i´ll find a good mix of germans and other icps from around the world.

but now it´s first of all time to arrange my good-bye parties with family and friends and it´s time to pack my bags in the beginning of March and then i´l get to orlando *jipieeE*

greetings and good luck to everyone and see you in 12 days @jingjo!!!

7. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Apply for the CRP in Aug!

8. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

In august?
    The only thing is, is that I will finish my first year at college in november 2010!
    Would applying in august be too early for that?

Or should I just apply January 2010?

thanksssss ;D

9. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Ah yeah that would be too early I think. I think applying in August is for starting dates between Feb 2010 - Aug 2010 so maybe wait till Jan next year!

10. water_boy

water_boy New Member

Hi

I'm from England and going to Florida in Jun-Aug 2010...hopefully! Been to Disney twice before and want to spend a working holiday there, it'll be so cool! ;D also i'll have my 19th there so that'll make it even better!
    I am really hoping to become a lifeguard at Typhoon Lagoon or BB. What roles do you guys hope to get?

Check out the college boards on www.disboards.com

James

11. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

I was thinking of a lifeguard as I love the water and I surf very often.

But I think when I apply I am going to go with attractions! ;D

12. water_boy

water_boy New Member

It would be seriously cool to work as a lifeguard in one of the water parks, loved the wave pool in TL so much when i was there. I always ended up surfing some guy who ducks under the water when the wave comes. Great fun lol ;D How many times you been to DW florida? which park do you like...or dislike the most?

I know some guys that were "asked" that it would be a good idea to check off fast food service, even though they checked it off on the bottom of their list (in preference order) they ended working in FFS. It was advised to them at the F2F because they'd more likely get a job in WDW. I think that if they didn't check it off they'd get one of their top choices. Don't get me wrong I love being in DW, but sometimes just shows how much DW take advantage of CPs.

I bet the waves in sunny Oz are bigger than the 4 footers we have in East Coast England atm! We do sometimes get some corkers though! I surf kayak btw, thats why I'm interested.

13. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Yeahh, Typhoon lagoon has to be my fave water park there! That wave pool is insane! Ive been to WDW 6 times! Loved it even more each time I went back! I'd have to say MGM (or "hollywood studios") is my favourite and then typhoon lagoon is the 2nd.
    Whats ur favourite and how many times have you been to WDW?

Atm the waves are pretty bad here, but im goin surfing tomorrow cause the swells meant to be up! Is East coast england cornwall?

I am actually from england, but i moved here 2 years ago! ;D

14. water_boy

water_boy New Member

Ah cool! well i've only been twice both were for 2 weeks. I gotta say Epcot, good food, test track, mission space and i think Soarin' was in Epcot as well, that was awesome! TL is definetly my fav waterpark though!

Cornwall is South West Eng, im up in north east eng. Where abouts in Eng did you live? obviously not down in cornwall lol! ;)

15. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

haha no not from cornwall

ummm south east london. Near Cambridge. So i didnt realy make many trips to the beach in england!

Have to agree the test track is awesome. Although doesnt compare to tower of terror or rockin rollercoaster! ;D

16. water_boy

water_boy New Member

my folks lived down in a place called cherry hinton near cambridge before i was around, the house was tiny! v. nice place is camb, good fudge shop there. yum :p

i never got the chance to go ToT, where was the rockin' roller coaster? i think i missed loads of rides out when i've been there. Makes good sense to go and work there for 3months! my family (...i) made the stupid mistake to go on a seriously boring ride in Epcot back in 03 (my first time there) it was about greenhouses and enviromental things, dunno why thats in DW, dunno if i'd call it a ride. So that was our last trip to Epcot in 03, that was the only Epcot ride we went on btw. In 06 we went back to see if anything had cahnged and WOW had we missed out! Epcot is somewhere I'd goall the time in Florida and never get bored!

17. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Haha I know where cherry hinton is. When I was younger we'd always go and play in a park that was there!!

Rockin rollercoaster is in hollywood studios, right near the tower of terror. Yeah we made the mistake of going on that ride too. If i can remember it went on for like 40 mins (well it seemed like that anyway!) and being like 8 at the time I didnt enjoy it at all.

I noticed with epcot that I enjoyed it more as I got older rather than when I was yonger. The coca cola thing there is the best!

Did u ever see the hollywood stunt show?, its sooo sooo good.

and who wants to be a millionaire was good also. shame they got rid of it! =[

so are u doing the 3 month program then?

18. jingjo

jingjo New Member

wow it's the exact same date!!! what's your role? mine's operation and I'm really excited!!! Is there many people from Germany? There're like 200 thais going there on my date ^^

19. water_boy

water_boy New Member

Ah so is hollywood, MGM? i remember being on who wants to be a millionaire, all the questions were in some way related to USA,so I probably didn't get much right! ::) the indiana and the cars stunts were good fun to watch. I think a back to the future ride was there as well, i remember my mum sitting next to me panicing;she hates bumpy rides! "yes mum this ride is just going to be inside a car in front of a movie screen!" hehe. love and miss the rides! Yup, I found me going to Epcot a lot in second time round!

Yeah I'll be doing the 3 months hopefully, June-August 2010 and perhaps go travelling round some states after. It'll be goodfun road trippin'! you thought of when you're doing the ICP yet?

20. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Yeah Hollywoods Mgm. Not sure why they changed the name!

Haha, I love all the big ridesss ;D

Um I think maybe 2011 I might do it. I dont turn 18 until January 2010 so I think I miss the deadline for the australia one!

Yeah I wanna do a road trip in america after. Go to like new yorkk and stuff.

And the places down south where they all have the funny accents! haha

I actually can't wait!

Have u applied yet?