Where are they now?!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Stitch_626_UK, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Ok so we all had an awesome time at Disney, and some of us are going back next year, but what about everyone else?
    what is everyone doing?

2. acp

acp New Member

Well right now I'm back at home (like most (if not all) of us!) feeling very tired and very cold!

I won't be reapplying for the year long program, but I'm most probably (read: certainly) going to be applying for the 6 month summer program next year :)

For those who haven't found them yet, my photos are still lurking around on my site at http://www.andrewpoole.org.uk/disney/photos/ - as usual, if you want a higher quality version of one of them, drop me an email and I'll sort that out for you.

Cheers,

Andy. Still telling people to "Have a magical day" out of habit... The woman in Greggs gave me a really odd look when I said it this afternoon without thinking!

PS, we should all have a get-together somewhere before you all disapear back over there again!

3. Jessica Rabbit

Jessica Rabbit New Member

Hey,

Are disney gonna do the 6 month summer program again for internationals then? Last summer was the first time they did it and I was offered a place on it but couldn't go :-[

4. adjonline

adjonline New Member

The 6-month program is being offered to both alumni and non-alumni in 2007...

5. Trev

Trev New Member

I know the feeling Andy, in my job interview I kept saying 'guests' rather than customers. I keep asking for 103's as well, not to mention doing the old Disney point.

6. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I went back home, did a vocational training for hotel business in Munich, Germany and then worked at a Sheraton in Fort Lauderdale for the last 18 months. Now I am once again back home and applying for jobs in Canada....

Julia

7. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

Have been home for 4 months now and have started uni in bournemouth studying law and tax. missing disney a huge amount! and i keep using the disney point and calling customers guests, espec in my first job interview. lol. tis all good though...

8. Franny

Franny New Member

hey! i came back to germany bout 3 months ago. applied for the cunard cruise. got the job on quenn mary 2. cancelled it and now i'll start working by the end of january in texas in a hotel. miss disney a lot. can't wait to go back to the us and visit epcot. ;D

9. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

i am going to banff march 1st :)

10. cartwheel69

cartwheel69 New Member

HEY DID YOU GET THE JOB?

CARTWHEEL

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Not the one in Kananaskis, no. I emailed them after 3 weeks and they said because of the busy holiday season they would stop the hiring process until the new year. Since I didn't hear from them afterwards either I decided to apply elsewhere. So now I will be starting in Banff in a locally run hotel on March 1st. The contract is for a year and I will see where I go from there. I am not unhappy about how things turned out, I love Banff and at least I already know the area and I will be close to Calgary :)

Julia