Where is everyone flying to?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by feeona, Jan 14, 2005.

1. feeona

feeona New Member

Hey I got my pack through from yummy jobs today! Phew glad to see something in writing at last.

Anyway my flight stops off in New York then Orlando. Where is everyone else going? Or have you got direct flights? Oh and anyone else heading out on the 6th june I have only met one person so far :-\

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Wow u got ur flight info already! i only leave 8 days after you, but doin the year long programme takes longer for the info to all come through get organised with insurance etc etc.

as far as i know all flights arranged by yummy r indirect, and mostly on american airlines if i'm correct!?

Must seem a lot more real for u now, year long programme people had the disclosure criminal check info through this week, we don't get our disney pack for a further 6 weeks *unless we r one of the lucky ones leavin march ey michelle*

c u out there

xxx

3. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys!!!

Well I dont know yet, but I am sure that we must do an scale on some U.S. city. I remember been able to get to Orlando on a single flight but guess those are only on summer and on Charter trips.

I think Mexicans fly from Mexico City and do scale either Dallas/Fort Worth , Miami or Atlanta.
    But I havent got any idea.
    I will know for usre after receiveing my visa.

See ya
    Robb  ;D

4. charlyboy

charlyboy New Member

Heey!!
    Usually mexicans flights from mexico city to atlanta and then to orlando. Thats because disney works with delta airlines and they always make stops at atlanta.
    Its a long trip but its ok u have time to know u arrivals well
    Carlos
    Mexico F&B 03-04

5. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Although it makes the flight a bit annoying in 2 bits, it makes it a lot quicker in orlando- because its a domestic flight and you go through immigration and customs etc at your stop. I'm sure you'll all be so excited though it'll go in no time!! :D
    Charlotte x

6. Marie

Marie Guest

Hey Everyone!
    Feeona thats so cool u got ur flight info and know ur flights are booked already! Means it will cost you less too. Ours dont get booked from what ive gathered till our visas have been approved so prob a few weeks before. I guess its a bit annoying as i know if i booked it now it would be prob half the price. But i think from what they said at the presentation we get the money we paid back at the end - so itll all work out.
    i think its standard procedure to not book till u get visa. when i went on exchange they told us not to book flights to NYC till our visas were approved. I booked mine anyway cos the flights were going up by week figuring if the visas wasnt approved at least i'd have a good holiday!

I dont mind waiting for disney to book flights as this way i get to fly out with other people doing the program. theres gonna be quite a few of us on my flight - so we're gonna have a blast! Im so glad ive people to share disney excitement with on the journey!

Like everyones said Its near impossible to get direct flights to Orlando unless u go from London. The only one from Manchester is Virgin and this family sitting next to me on the way to Ny who were going to Orlando said its mainly people on package deals. They were flying continental Mancs - newark - orlando!

At least connecting unless irs a tight connection we'll get a chance to go eat and catch up with everyone going to disney - which will be good if we cant all sit together.

When my friend went to do the Cp he flew Glasgow - Philly - Orlando
    and i think some of the dec said they were doing delta: Mancs - atlanta - orlando

Its gonna be so much fun flying out with other Ips!
    Marie x

7. feeona

feeona New Member

Well i havent got my visa sorted or anything yet. I just got my reciept throught sayin I was booked on a flight to orlando stopping at new york, with the times and stuff. The flight has been arranged by yummy jobs but it wasnt that cheap, £512 i think! And its only one way coz i am stayin on after to travel a bit in the states.

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

£512 bloody hell thats expensive, i could get a return flight for around £350 thats madness!

thats weird u have ur flight details as i said b4 it could b cos ur doin the college program!

xxx

9. feeona

feeona New Member

Yes i think it probably is. I know it is expensive, the return was about £100 more. But i am sure I could have got a one way cheaper through another airline. Still I know it is allsorted.

10. Marie

Marie Guest

That is a lot! But not surprising as i was told 400-600 by Jason so hopefully ours wont be much more - think i'll die if it turns out to be 1000! I wonder why they book the college program so far ahead but not the one yr program. tho Jason said our flights are sorted by disney so maybe if yummy are sorting the college ones. How does yours work Feeona do u guys have to pay it back when u get there or gradually like us or is it paid for u? Still the expensive flights should be worth it as at least we will have a blast getting to fly out with other participants! :) Theres bound to be loads of you on the samee flight Feeona as my friend who did the CP said he had about 12 others on the flight! Tho some had flown from NI to Glasgow.
    Marie x

11. SaraC

SaraC New Member

bloody hell marie if it gets near 1000 then well, there aint a hope in hell ill b payin the full amount on arrival haha.

i mean for £500 could get nice direct on virgin haha. aww would've been nice for us to be payin this money etc.

i know we get it back marie, but i mean how do we get home, do they supply us with the return ticket and money when we finish in june 2006? i swear ive been told before but i so cant remember!

xxx

12. Marie

Marie Guest

Im confused to by how it works Sara! lol! I think they said at the presentation that you get whatever you paid for the outward flight back so u can pay for ur return and can make the return from wherever u travel to. If thats true then thats good cos we may profit on it if the flights over 500 going! Theres gotta be a cheaper one back. however i dunno how it will work. When i worked for a tour company in france they had an amount that theyd go up to for return travel and you had to show receipts of what you paid after you returned home - i hope disney dont do the same cos then its less money for travel.

Could any alumni tell us how it works with return flights!

Talking of flights ive got some american friends coming to stay for a few days they r flying up from london this afternoon and i gotta go meet them!

Marie x

13. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I guess its different for the year long people as our flights are booked by disney and not yummy.

The info pack I got said that once we receive our passport/visa back we have to phone int rec in orlando who will then give us our flight details, so we wont know, like you guys said, til much nearer the time we leave what flight we're on and where we fly via.

Like sara said, Im pretty sure disney use american airlines and the flight are reraely direct ones.

As for getting the money back at the end of contract, Im sure Julie/Dru said that we get back whatever we paid for out outward flight so it probably would be possible to make a bit of money on the return journey.

I think i might check out the American airlines website and see what flights theyre operatring on march 15th from london - orlando and try to get an idea of costs etc!! Could be worth you guys doing that for your departure dates too!!

14. feeona

feeona New Member

No I had to pay the full amound about a week ago!! Luckily my student loan covered that haha.

15. Craig-E-D

Craig-E-D New Member

Hi guys, just organised my flight from man to orl. I'm staying for 3 weeks afterwards to do a bit of travelling, and I was told the flight was £660!!! Which had to be paid as soon as possible too. Its quite annoying as its not very difficult to find cheaper flights than that for the dates I wanted. Anyways Jason rang me yesterday afternoon to say the price had gone down to £555, which was a nice suprise (although still pricey). Theres obviously a middle man in there making a decent cut! Sorry to moan, just don't like getting ripped off too much!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

16. feeona

feeona New Member

Jason told me i had to arrange my own flight home, that they wont do it through yummy jobs because im staying to travel afterwards?? ???

17. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Hey everyone!!

Got my pack in from yummy jobs day - who knew fillng in forms could b so excting?! my return flight costs £578 bt doesnt need 2 b paid till 10th march
    I'm flying out on the 31st of may 2 do the icp and go from glasgow - philly - orlando international

quick question the fee for criminal bacground - do u make the cheque out 2 yummy jobs ltd?? thanks!

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah for the disclosure criminal check u do make the cheque out 2 yummy.

so u've had ur flight details 2, flyin out march & are doin the year long IP? this is all gettin so confusing with some people getting the info and others having parts etc.

and u say the flight is return?

Sara xx

19. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Hey Sara,

Thanks.  Yea got my pack in from Yummy this morning - followed my mum around the house whilst she was dong housework reading all of it aloud!  Nope fly out may 31st to a 3 month stint - still got a year left of uni so the year programme wasnt an option.  Stil waiting on my pack from disney but alexis says that should arrive next month.  Yea boked the return flight so i dont have 2 worry about booking my flight home when im there, probably regret it when its time 2 come home but auch well!!

Jo
    xxx

20. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Aww right cool stuff.

Im still wondering if us doin the 1 year Cultural program get the return ticket as well, think i might email yummy and ask jason or alexis to clarify it 4 me!

xxx