Whos gunna carry on the British traditions??

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Jofunny, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jofunny

Jofunny New Member

The British are known for being totally crazy there and keep this rolling

2. Charlote

Charlote New Member

I leave on the 8th August
    I will certainly try!!!

3. Ona

Ona Member

Usually, I'd have given such a thread a wide berth, but I feel compeled to respond. :-\

If that is a description of British folks tradtions, quite frankly, I'd be ashamed to be british.

You are lucky to have been accepted on a WDW international program. Being reckless with your opportunity is, of course, your decision but surely more care should be taken with something so special. :-\ Regardless of which program you are on, you are representing the UK; not just at work but at home too. Many of the actions you have described are more than a little childish (I generally use that word in a positive sense but I do feel it applies here), rude and rather disrespectful. Security are there to do a job. It's not a game.

I'm not some boring old ejit. Far from it. Give me a can of red bull and a bubble gun and I'm away with it! ;D I had the most amazing year on the WDWIP and I'm looking forward to another year out there.

Each to their own however. Your year is what you make it of it. But please, don't think all Brits are as described above. :-\

Ona x

4. KC

KC New Member

Put it this way...

If that's being British, I'm überglad we got independance...

As we'd say in Cork "Off wit 'cha, girl"...

I'll be at a park ;)
    KC

5. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Sounds like a waste of time to me.
    A waste of a good spot in the program too, giving it to someone who'd do something that stupid.

6. emma

emma New Member

i rekon its hilarious, not something id do coz the icp is much more seriuos and will cost me alot of money if i get termed, buts that damn fun by the sounds of it and sounds like sumthing that would be fairly standard in ur were on holiday in liek greece or spain. so why not haha.

7. Linda-bo-binda

Linda-bo-binda New Member

Sounds like a great way to lose your relo and your sick payout etc., not to mention rehire status. And don't think it won't happen -- Disney, especially if Vista/Commons security are involved -- are great at making examples of people.

8. Charlote

Charlote New Member

Some people have fun in different ways! not everything described above would be done by everyone and not all brits are like that! I agree its a wonderful opportunity and why waste it, but you are allowed to have fun as well and if thats how those people decided to have fun who are we to judge!
    I'm from England and i won't be doing half of that because its just not in my character, but i will be having fun and letting loose!!!

9. KirstyLouise

KirstyLouise New Member

I agree with Emma...great fun for a holiday :)

But I will be having fun, but not like that!! I'm all up for parties, but this is my dream so don't wanna get termed for something stupid :)

xKx

10. kerrbear

kerrbear New Member

to be fair it was on their last night ... so i dont really see the big deal, not like they would have got fired ... maybe jailed!!I like to have a laugh and have fun but i also wouldn't go that far to have fun .... i dont like getting into trouble ;D ... but way to go you for haveing the balls to pull off a stunt like that *round of applause!*

xxxx

11. Jofunny

Jofunny New Member

Good going Charlotte, youll have the fun i had out there#

you have to go out there knowing that its not your lifetime job. The americans will try to have u working all the hours god sends, so u have to work it that you call in here and there but dont go over your points. DO U KNOW WHAT POINTS ARE??? Put it one way i had had a reprimand after a month there my bosses still loved me and have offered me a job there this summer so its not all doom and gloom wen u dont follow the rules 100%!!!

and keep away from Ona when your there she sounds like shes going to be as exciting as watching snails fight.

Every person i met at disney that summer would have strieked that night if they were up. Well the friends i made ANYWAY

But they were too busy having wet t-shirt competitions and mega parties!

12. Charlote

Charlote New Member

I know i'll have fun because i'm going to do anything i can. I'm going to make this experience worth it and i'm going to have fun while i do it!!!!!!!
    The Parties are going to be great!!
    I will be in Disney for a year who out of my friends can say they have done that so that in itself is good.

13. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Actually that's what I plan on exactly doing... if I can make Disney my lifetime job then I will do everything I can to achieve it.

And don't be so rude about Ona! She's great and one of the true Disney Dorks, in my opinion, the only people who should be allowed to work in Disney because we deserve it and want it so much! For us this is not a year away in Florida, it's an experience of a lifetime and something many of us dream about for years and years and years and years...

I haven't been to one party or been to PI in the 4 months I've been here, and to be honest I'm not missing out on anything. That's not my scene and I still have many friends who don't care if I go to bed when they go out... that's what happens when you work in the Magic Kingdom...it being the busiest park in the resort and having the latest EMH.

So please, everyone play nicely...

14. james_wales

james_wales New Member

Nicely said Louisa!..I totally agree.

I fully respect that people have fun in different ways, and we do all deserve to go crazy every now and then, it just keeps life that little bit more enjoyable :)

However, from my point of view, an 18 year old, my year on the programme will be my first time living away from 'home'. The last thing i am going to do is spoil it by drinking. I have the rest of my youth to drink and go crazy, but i have made a decision already to play it safe for the year in Disney. When i am stuck in a career in my 30's i will look back on my year in Disney and be so proud that it went well...and how ashamed of myself if i would be to think that i blew it half way through the year just because of some liquid that you get in a bottle.

We are all young, crazy things will happen :) We are out there for fun, but i just feel that i tried so hard and put so much emotional energy into getting the job, and my family are so proud of me for it, that i want to look back on the experience for all of the right reasons.

Enjoy the year as you want to, i suppose it is nobody elses job to tell someone else how to have fun....the same way that it is nobody elses job to tell others who to stay away from.

J.
    x

15. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I'm just surpriesed at the high school mentality that's been shown here on a few topics over the past few months with a general tone of you won't have fun or be liked if you don't drink. The other guy said someone put him up to it but I feel he wouldn't have posted it anyway if he didn't believe it somewhat.

16. Jofunny

Jofunny New Member

Sorry to burst your bubble Gibbs,

But I worked in the magic Kingdom (the busiest park) and the busiest shop The emporium on main street (which for anyone who doesnt know is the bggest shop on main street and it open the latest etc etc like 2am in the moring then u work till 4) and I still used to go out at least 3 or 4 nights a week. i remember one day going to paris hiltons club staying out all night wiv no sleep then working the death shift the next day 6pm til 4am in the morning at the emporium But id do it again tomorrow.

Just enjoy every nite/day do not stay in enjoy it

you dont have to get drunk either.
    I have so many hillarious stories i cud tell

17. Jofunny

Jofunny New Member

And another thing Gibbs if your having such a gud time there u wudnt have chance to be on this site, wen i was there i didnt go on here once i was to busy livin the dream

18. james_wales

james_wales New Member

Which other guy?

Exactly Jorden- When we go out here in the UK for nights out, some of us drink and some of us do not. I suppose it is different because we are legal here at 18 - but we all still have an awesome time :) The alcohol aspect makes no difference to who we do or do not accept.

I'm glad that some people manage to work all day, spend all night out and then work again the next day and then go out again...etc...etc...it is good to know that you are making the most of your experience. However, this is just some people's way of having fun.

I am sure that i will spend very little time in my apartment, i am very outgoing and always like to be involved...but i will still respect those who choose to perhaps keep out of the limelight a bit and take things in a more sedate way. Because, afterall...if that makes them happy, and allows them to make the most of thier experience...who are we to knock them?

Jo - did you just edit your post to remove the line 'Just enjoy every day/night, don't stay in like the geeks'? I'm sure i read it like that the first time.

J
    x

19. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Oh and so working the Main Street Bakery and Cone Shop, finishing at 2 and not leaving till gone 5 isn't the same thing? I know what it's like, I've been there, I've done that and I'd do it all over again (in fact I still do, despite working the Jungle Cruise I take Extra Hours at the Bakery and you know what the best bit is...everyone loves to have me back and I love to be back there)

And I do not stay in my room all the time, I get enough rest to be the best Cast Member I can be, because THAT IS WHAT WE'RE HERE FOR.

And you think because I didn't go out every night that I don't have any funny tales to tell?

Now I know everyone has their own opinions, but you have no right to tell me I'm a geek... actually the technical term is 'Disney Dork' so get it right please. Insulting people is not going to get you far in life. And it certainly won't get you friends.

Actually I've just got back from Walmart, and I'm off to work PAC having just updated my website that keeps people at home up to date with the amazing time I'm having.

20. Jofunny

Jofunny New Member

Seriously James i know u think not at this time but when u get there it is a different story ill give it a month b4 u start drinking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.