Wide World of Sports

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by james_wales, May 24, 2006.

1. james_wales

james_wales New Member

Do we get any privillages there as IP's?

We don't get baseball on television here, and when im in the states I love watching it. The idea of actually going to a game is so cool!!

J
    x

2. AlexHope

AlexHope New Member

In this forum (survival guide on the left) you can find some infos about TV...
    ...there's a list of all channels...
    so..just have a look!

3. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

Someone else who likes baseball.......can it be true!?!

Be great if there were discounts, but even if not it's usually pretty cheap to go to - last time I was in America went to 5 games for the same cost of seeing 1 Tottenham game :eek:

Shame there's no year round team in Orlando, but got major league pre-season games there all March. Watched online some Baseball 'World Cup' matches held there earlier this year and the stadium looked really impressive.

4. brodie1

brodie1 Guest

I think you can rent the fields at the wide world of sports,but I'm not sure.

I'm a huge baseball fan.I'll be going to a lot of Devil Rays games in Tampa because its cheap as hell and the Jays will be there(favorite team).Once spring training comes around you'll be able to see most teams play in Orlando against the Braves.Also there is the Florida State League,which is A ball,which is where all the draft picks play thier first year.There will be lots of baseball shown on the Sunshine network,don't worry. :)

5. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

I'll probably end up seeing less baseball out there than I do here as I watch most games on my PC between midnight and 3 in the morning (where's a yawning smiley when you need it?) But live games, even if it is the D-Rays or Marlins, beat sitting in front of a computer in the middle of the night anyday 8)

6. hockey_town_canada

hockey_town_canada New Member

ya catching a d-rays or mariners game would be cool.........ohhh also an NFL game would be cool to catch.....the bucks or dolphins or jaguars...

7. james_wales

james_wales New Member

How can i watch online?!

The internet gets better every day!

J.

8. brodie1

brodie1 Guest

You need to buy MLB.tv ,its the best 100 bones I've ever spent haha.

9. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

Yeah, MLB.tv is fantastic.

Do you not get Channel Five James? 2 games a week on there, Wednesday and Sunday nights. Used to keep me relatively sane before the internet came to the rescue.

10. KirstyLouise

KirstyLouise New Member

James can't be watching TV...he's got too much revision to do!!...Now I sound like you're mum.

Just make sure you pass so we can go camping haha!!

Maybe you could explain baseball to me sometime Andrew??

xKx

11. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

Sure....a basic explanation can keep it pretty simple.

If you want the long, detailed one, I'll need compensation for at least one evening's missed work though :)

12. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

You know what would be even better... a Disney baseball league. We could have national teams for goodness sakes. Would be soo much fun. I am up for putting that together with a couple of you guys for sure. ;D

13. LisaMouse

LisaMouse New Member

OMG guys you have to let me know if the Marlens are in town, is such a fan. went to a few of their home ganes last yr!!! and what a bad speller i really am lol.

14. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

All over watching a JAYS game while down there!! ;D

15. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

Yeah....I get down there June 11th, would like to get people together to buy tickets to see the Jays in August when they're in Tampa.

16. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

The Disney Company has a softball league you could probably sign up for. They start playing in Feb, I believe. I meant to sign-up for it but it slipped my mind and it was too late! Also, not having a car or a regular schedule makes it rather difficult to make the games.

Just thought I'd let yas know :)

~ Jen

17. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

Where there is a will there is a way Jen. However I am not a big fan of softball, fastball is the only baseball in my opinion.

And I am up for buying a Jays Ticket, I have never seen a MLB game, and hey they are Canadian and I am Canadian. Sounds like a winning combination to me...

18. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

We should rent a van....see you guys in a couple weeks.