wifi

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by kylemartin, Oct 22, 2010.

1. kylemartin

kylemartin New Member

Does anyone know if the appartments we stay in have got wifi or internet to plug a laptop into!

2. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

They have a socket for a wired connection, so u will have to buy a cable, or if u want wifi, the u will have to buy a wireless router

3. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yep, you can either buy a wireless router and plug that in to the modem in your appartment or just plug your laptop in to the modem directly using an ethernet cable. easy!! :)

4. kylemartin

kylemartin New Member

Good stuff thanks!

5. Emzviolet

Emzviolet New Member

hey - im bringing my laptop with me and it has wireless internet... how much do u reckon is a wireless router in america? is there phone lines in each bedroom and living space, or is it just in the living room area?
    xox

6. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

The modem is in the living area, not in the bedrooms, you can prob get a wireless router for 30 or 40 bucks, have a look at the walmart American website for an idea!

7. AnnaBell

AnnaBell New Member

So my netbook is wireless enabled already (here in the UK) but I will have to get a US wireless router? Is that right? Just so I know what I need to get in my first day Walmart shop haha

8. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

It's possible that your flat mates have already bought a wireless router! I'd take an ethernet cable just in case (so you don't have to worry about wireless straight away), then you can always buy a router at a later date if your flatmates don't already have one. The flat only needs 1 router after all, and if everyone goes out and buys one, it's a waste of money!

9. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

Yes you will need to buy a wireless router :)