winter in florida

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Fats, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Fats

Fats New Member

I have a doubt, I´m from Merida Mexico, very near Cancun, here it is sunny and warm ALL THE TIME!!, I´m afraid I will be cold in Florida...

How cold is it?????

2. flavour

flavour New Member

well, when i was there 5 years ago the permanents said it was the coldest winter in like 30 years...we were wearing a turtleneck, our blouse, our dress, a jacket and a coat plus a scarf and gloves and still freezing...but that was only for like 3 weeks...you usually can walk around in shorts and t-shirt in the winter, too, maybe a sweater in the evening...

later! flavour xoxo

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I know... I came at xmas 2000 for 3 weeks and for the last two weeks it was like -10

I hadnt even brought a coat with me

so had to do some major shopping!!!

And on the coldest day we went to island's of adventure and went on all the water rides... im surprised we didnt turn into ice cubes

The temperature just changed overnight!

It's not as tho I;m not used to the cold weather, what with Britain not exactly being the hottest country on the planet, but that was cold!

Good job we went swimming with the dolphins the first week.... it was soooo hot

4. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

and have ever snow there?

im form Merida too and here we never go down of 10 degres! and we are freezing, so if i get in i would love see snow, i remember one of my junior high friends went for hollidays and in the pictures we se somw snow but i dont remember if was real snow or only decoration!

XOXO

:-* :-* :-* Ely :-* :-* :-*

5. Linda-bo-binda

Linda-bo-binda New Member

Sorry but the only snow you'll see is *magical* Disney snow.  Quite pretty but you can't make snowballs out of it!  However, it DOES get cold in Florida.  You can see your breath once in a while (not too often -- don't worry!!!).  I remember some days last winter Orlando was COLDER than Vancouver.  Nothing freezes but thankfully costuming supplies you with turtlenecks and warm coats because you WILL need them outside sometimes.  Florida's bizarre; the temperature can really swing from week to week.  I pictures of myself sunbathing on the beach of the Polynesian in January and then a week later there was a cold snap and we were all bundled up again!

6. topofox

topofox New Member

Fats, Liliana told me that now it's cold in florida, so you must birng a good jacket.

See u next feb 2nd.

Medardo

7. flavour

flavour New Member

weird thing just was that we who are actually used to cold winters stood there still freezing in our coates and the locals were running around in shorts and just a sweater! but right now i would still rather have to deal with the florida winter than the winter here! at night it's around -15C to -20C...

8. stoondisneynut

stoondisneynut New Member

ok... us Canadians have you all beat.... specially us prairie folk...

...this year being different... and unseasonably warm, NORMALLY right now it's about -40 outside.... and hits -60 with the windchill on those really cold, frosty days....

...so anything cold in florida is still incredibly warm compared to what i could be living in up here!

....i can't wait for florida weather....

9. stoondisneynut

stoondisneynut New Member

ok... us Canadians have you all beat.... specially us prairie folk...

...this year being different... and unseasonably warm, NORMALLY right now it's about -40 outside.... and hits -60 with the windchill on those really cold, frosty days....

...so anything cold in florida is still incredibly warm compared to what i could be living in up here!

....i can't wait for florida weather....

10. Fats

Fats New Member

hahahaha ok thanks guys I think I know pretty much what to bring whit me ;)

11. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

My roomie was from Mexico City and she had brought down jackets with her and used them all the time in the "winter". Myself, I made do with a long-sleeved t-shirt and a denim jacket. But, then again, I usually never wear enough clothes when its cold. So if youre from Mexico I suggest bringing at least one winter jacket.