Wishes and Spectromagic... GONE!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by catfish278, Feb 12, 2010.

1. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I am very sad to say that Wishes and Spectromagic will not be on this summer at WDW... they are replacing it with a "summer" fireworks display and bringing back the Main St Electrical Parade which was last around in 2001... hmm. :( Rumour has it that wishes and spectro will be back after the end of august but who knows?!

2. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

If anyone has ever seen the Pirates and Princesses Party fireworks - its those ones that they are using for the summer.

3. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Yeah, they're due back end of August....so we should get to see them!I am gutted...but also excited for the new ones, if they're only on for the Summer,then not everyone will get to see them and stuff,so we're lucky :)

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I'm excited for new fireworks - although I do love Wishes (holiday Wishes is even better!), it's not my fave, so a new one would be a nice change!
    Gutted for Spectro though. I love Spectro! From what I remember of the electrical parade though, wasn't it fairly similar, just with different music? Or am I thinking of something completely different?
    Will give them a chance to overhaul them though... some of the floats are showing their age... ;)
    As long as it comes back eventually I'm not so bothered! :)
    xx

5. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Oh I agree with you about spectro - it needs a revamp badly! I havent seen the MSEP... my first visit to wdw was in 2004... ;D

6. Sofi

Sofi Guest

I have no idea what your talking about but never mind lol x

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

LOL don't worry... Spectro is the night parade in the magic kingdom and Wishes was the massive fireworks display that was on every night :) The MSEP was the parade before Spectro which is now making a come back ;D It's all just geeky disney fan stuff hehe

8. nix123

nix123 New Member

ahhhhh no way i absolutely love wishes!! it gets me all teary every time lol. spectro is kool too, but theres only so much you can do, its nice to have a change once in a while. but i really hope its back before we finish at the start of september though!!! xxx

9. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

Just listened to inside the magic (yes, i listen to a disney podcast...) and last week's episode featured the actual presentation announcing it-- they call the fireworks 'all new' and inspired by summer, so im not sure that they are the fireworks from pirate and princess party- i wouldnt be complaining if they were, though, i loved those fireworks :)
    I love main street electrical parade, i remember it from my first time down there and have the music from it on my ipod, i like the music way better than spectro, so not complaining bout that at all.
    there was a couple of other things mentioned too-- lights on the tower of terror and a new drop sequence... could be interesting :)

10. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

p.s, sounds like the start date for summer night-astic is beginning of june, so those of us going down in may should still get to see wishes our first night in the parks, which is one of my fave memories from my last program :)

11. j.fritschij

j.fritschij New Member

Disney is also refurbishing the Tower of Terror with an extra drop and better lighting effects!!

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Ooh yay, that's my favourite ride :D

13. j.fritschij

j.fritschij New Member

Yeah.. that's my favorite ride too!!!

14. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

WHOO Tower is my baby, I love it there and I miss it lots!! Can't wait to find out exactly what they're doing - I've been grilling my friends that are still working there to get some info on exactly what's going to happen, can't wait :-D

15. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

16. cristina28

cristina28 New Member

is sad that wishes is leaving.. i love that night time show.. do somebody knows what is coming instead??

spectromaginc isn't comming untill june right?... so if my arrival date is at may 25th im problably able to watch both =D

17. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Well it seems that spectromagic will finish in may sometime I think as will wishes... but wishes will be back in mid-august. Not sure about spectro tho.