Wondering about the bed situation..

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Makina, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Makina

Makina New Member

Uhm, at the presentation they told us we had to bring our on bed sheets and stuff..
    But now I've heard that you need to bring/buy blankets and pillows too.
    So I'm wondering if that's correct?
    Cause then I have to drag my blankets on the plane -.-

2. Paoletto

Paoletto New Member

Good question.. but since blankets and pillows are heavy and add a lot of weight to the luggage.. I guess I'm gonna buy what I need once I'm there ;)

3. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

There is no bedding provided at all! I brought one thinish pillow and some sheets and then bought a blanket in walmart the night i got there! They sell all the bedding you'll need so if you plan on going there as soon as you arrive, like most people do, then you don't need to bring anything with you.

4. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Yeah, you need to bring/buy everything. So if you're flying, it's highly recommended to just buy it once you get there. Plus at Walmart, it's not too expensive, but just budget some money to bring with you to buy it at the start of your program.

5. beccac123

beccac123 New Member

I got told at the presentations that bedding is provided, it's just pillow cases/duvet covers/ sheets we need to take? hmm What about if your flight comes in at rediculous o'clock and can't go to Walmart to buy bits and bobs - will be an awful first nights sleep.
    :-\

6. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Walmart is 24 hours and the buses go there 24 hours so you should be able to go! It won't be a great night's sleep anyway...you'll be too excited and probably be getting up super early the next day! :)

7. Makina

Makina New Member

oh thanks :]
    this is gonna stress me out, i have to get the taxi to stop at walmart on my way down xD lol

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

The BED is provided, which is probably what you've been told. You literally get nothing, not even a bottom sheet. For the first two days, they have a bus that goes to WalMart every hour for 24 hrs, and Walmart is 24 hrs. When you get there, if your roommates aren't home, they've probably already gone to Walmart. Everyone goes.

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

It'll probably work out cheaper to get a separate taxi from the housing complex if you'd rather not get the bus. Then you don't have to pay while the cab waits for you in Walmart!
    xx